Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Revenge Of The Horse!  (Read 2033 times)

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Revenge Of The Horse!
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:55 pm »

While i was playing Dwarf Fortress: Adventure Mode, i started a character and went on a quest to slay the Great Giant! Well, i killed the giant and i though i could celebrate by kill the horse's next to me. So i killed all but one, this one horse ran away and i left him. I go back to town and sell some crap and go to sleep. My sleep was interrupted by the horse that ran away. The horse was bleeding and lost its tail... I left it alone and now im paranoid about sleeping...

UPDATE
Never mind about being paranoid, i just got slaughter by a cyclopes, bastards got me out of no where.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:01:14 pm by Comrade »

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge Of The Horse!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 01:29:35 am »

Horses have a tendency to go on rampages in adventure mode. I've witnesses many children with broken necks because of horses.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:14:14 am »

I can't seem to find horses no matter how hard I look.I find a lot of elks which is kinda like a horse with horns.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:40:59 am »

Try giving them [LARGE_PREDATOR].

The world will burn.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »

I swear, whenever I enter a large human town I always get messages about various town folk being brutalized by a horse. The guards never seem to do anything either.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 12:28:21 am »

Why would the guards even mess with the horses? The horses will destroy anyone in their path. Even Titans... Yes Titans...

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 03:04:39 am »

i swear i posted i...

good idea:
give horses the [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag.

better idea, give carp the [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag.

best idea, give unicorns the [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 06:26:24 pm »

I haven't seen a unicorn yet...must be hiding from my bronze spear lol.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »

The first time I saw one, it murdered an elf child for no reason.

I killed it and burned it down to bones.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 12:42:47 am »

Should have given it a medal. IT KILLED AN ELF!

But yeah...I once had a unicorn get loose inside my fortress. It killed 7 people before meeting my legendary Ultramighty miner, who was tantruming because 3 of the people killed were his wife, his best friend and one of his children. He punched the unicorn so hard in the head that he broke it's neck and knocked it out in one blow. He then proceeded to break just about every bone in it's body before coming out of tantrum state and running away. I now have a unicorn with 4 mangled legs and a broken spine laying in a cage somewhere. I have no idea how it survived but it seems like poetic justice that it should have to lapse in and out of consciousness in permanent pain for the rest of it's life.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 10:24:23 am »

My modded size 8 race with [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] brings me precisely 5 units of unicorn meat every year.  I'm not sure what message they're trying to send, with that meat.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:34:01 am »

Do they, um, have a hatred of all that is good and pure?

Should have given it a medal. IT KILLED AN ELF!

But yeah...I once had a unicorn get loose inside my fortress. It killed 7 people before meeting my legendary Ultramighty miner, who was tantruming because 3 of the people killed were his wife, his best friend and one of his children. He punched the unicorn so hard in the head that he broke it's neck and knocked it out in one blow. He then proceeded to break just about every bone in it's body before coming out of tantrum state and running away. I now have a unicorn with 4 mangled legs and a broken spine laying in a cage somewhere. I have no idea how it survived but it seems like poetic justice that it should have to lapse in and out of consciousness in permanent pain for the rest of it's life.

You should, I dunno, make him into crafts and offend the elves with him every chance you get.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 04:16:30 pm »

Oh yea, that's some golden stuff right there...

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 07:39:38 pm »

Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 06:33:36 am »

D:

That's a little too terrifying. Not even DF horses have... maws.
Pages: [1] 2