Lausitz
- 2 (18.2%)
Corsica
- 1 (9.1%)
If you must... other
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Crusader Kings Succession Game  (Read 17594 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 04:21:27 pm »

FRAPS. Thats what I use.
I believe the free version allows unlimited screenshots, they may be watermarked or something, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 04:26:12 pm »

Thank you, for the help now I can get working on the game.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

FRAPS. Thats what I use.
I believe the free version allows unlimited screenshots, they may be watermarked or something, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't think they are watermarked, just only savable in .bmp, so you will have to convert them to .jpg or .png before posting them.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 09:56:10 pm »

May 28th, the year of our Lord 1086
Well, now that my crazy well loved father died by my hand has had an unfortunate accident I can start the long process of fixing my domain. First order of business: give my self a middle name! My father was too busy being paranoid protecting himself from our many enemies to give me one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now that's more like it! With my new middle name I feel lot better already. We have +0 overall for stability of my empire but lack money, and have little prestige. The church is upset with me too. I am sure I can do a better job then my father has done. It will be hard though with only 3 providences. Even harder, I can only run 2 providences, putting us low on the efficiency scale.

Wow look at my court members! They look good at what they do. After I patiently listening to the Bishop ramble on about liberating Alexandria from the heathens I told him to be quiet. We just don't have the money to wage any wars right now. I should make a plan to get rid of him for wasting my time just like my father.

While on on the subject of politics I check the overall status of my empire, revealing...
..was that did not have much of one, what a bummer that is...

Anyways, I ask about those provinces and they give me this...
Which was a report of the provinces. 2 of 3 are pagan provinces. The bishop jumped at this, happily proclaiming that we need to convert them at some point to the one true faith. Then my steward pointed out that we lack the money to build the churches, so it will has to wait. He also pointed out that they are very far away from us too. (Personally, why do we need a building to covert them to christaniaty anyway?)

I can't belive some guy gave me this! Why in heck would we need it anyway? The only fun part was when the bishop called it devil work. So, to spite him, I named him unoffical siecence person of the court. The ensuing fight amused me greatly.

My court strongly suggested against the alliance but we don't have any allies and it sounded like fun. I went against them because well... I just have this very good feeling about it. After I did so, for some strange reason my court started to all but line up for the bishop to repent their sins. I caught  something about "the end of the world is near". What ever  ::), all I know is, the bishop is now on my official hit list.

September 8th, the year of our Lord 1086
Unfortunately (or fortunately) he could not take the humailition I put him through. Though he siad he would get the Pope to get me excommunicated for what I have done, I told him he can stick it up his own -- he has no evidence. I just make sure to visit the church once or twice to make sure could he not go through with his plan.
Good news! Isabelle is pregnant, I hope it's a boy. He shall continue the glorious empire!

September 19th, the year of our Lord 1086
Several days later our brand new ally wants to go to war. I declined it since it would be a bad move. Maybe I should have listened to my advisors and not made the alliance in the first place... oh well.

October 16th, the year of our Lord 1086
Well, finally I finished my education. I immediately then proceded kick my teachers out of the court, though my mother talked me out of exiling the lot of them. I had to exile someone, so I exiled my former bishop for leaving me. That will teach him!

November 5th, the year of our Lord 1086
This is the last straw. I told him where he can stick his war.  >:(

December 4th, the year of our Lord 1086
What a cretin! The man insults me after he loses to me in a tournament? I demand immediate compensation from that fool! Sadly nothing comes of it. I have an feeling...

ps. I found Zscreen which allows me to resize the pictures as I take them, automatically.

Special Thanks to Volatar who was willing to make it much more readable.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:05:05 pm by omagaalpha »
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »

Is English not your first language?

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:01 pm »

Unfortunally no it is my first lanuage. So how horrible did I Do?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:45 pm »

mmmm, somewhat average for someone who does not speak English as their first language.

Mind if I go through it, fix the errors, and PM you the modified post?

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2010, 10:23:53 pm »

I would like that if you did that for me.

Thank you.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:47 am »

I handed you a pretty hard situation, didn't I?
Hopefully you will be able to do better than me and get out of debt and more powerful:-)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2010, 09:32:26 am »

I PMed you the edited post. Its much more readable now  ;)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »

Thank you Volatar for help, I have post the edited version in place of the bad one.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »

Thank you Volatar for help, I have post the edited version in place of the bad one.
it wasn't bad, the translation was just spotty:-) You deserve credit for being able to post in a secondary language in the first place!

Keep up the good work!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »

it wasn't bad, the translation was just spotty:-) You deserve credit for being able to post in a secondary language in the first place!

Most definitely! I can't write in any languages other than English at all, even after many years of schooling in the subject.  :D

One thing I noticed was that the translation seemed to butcher your humor. Most of the broken humor was untranslatable, so I had to substitute my own humor  :-\ I hope my substitutions were ok. (like the use of strikeouts)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2010, 06:39:50 pm »

Keep up the good work!
Umm oops, Let me make something very clear English is my first language.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2010, 02:10:38 pm »

Umm oops, Let me make something very clear English is my first language.

...Oh.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but your writing is not very good  :-[

Promise me you will try to do better, and I will help you.  :) Just take some extra time and re-read your writing, and use spellcheck (Internet Explorer does not have spellcheck, but Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome do). Go ahead and post your updates so I do not hold the thing up, but after you post I will go through and edit your post for you at the next opportunity.

Cheers.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7