Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded civs question  (Read 618 times)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded civs question
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:00:19 pm »

So say I created a new civilization. To do this I just duplicate all the human entries, except I rename them and change thier size. Everything else is identical. Then I make a fort next to both a human and the duplicate civiliazation. Once summer rolls around, will I get two caravans visiting me, or just one? If just the one, which?
Re: Modded civs question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:05:48 pm »

I would think... both? Not entirely sure. If all you changed was name and size probably both right around the same time

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

You will get 2 caravans. I've done something similar to this, except with more races and shifted the seasons.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »

You will get 2 caravans. I've done something similar to this, except with more races and shifted the seasons.

out of curiosity, at the same time? or is there some space between them, if at the same time will building two trade depots cater to the both or is just one bueno?

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »

They will show up at basically the same time. Only one depot is necessary, and you will get a choice on who to trade with. Then just trade again to chose the other.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 09:08:58 am »

I've got all the races to come in one season, some kind of a "menagerie season". I was able to buy and re-sell items on place, when one race valued something more than the other. I was able to manipulate it using the "required goods" screen with liasons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 09:24:35 am »

You can change their seasons of arrival by changing the seasons in their entity file even after embarking, so you can re-distribute the caravans for your own convenience and even make them come more or less often if you choose, throughout the fortress lifetime.

There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.