Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (half) city-states succession game Threeclans  (Read 2275 times)

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(half) city-states succession game Threeclans
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:36:32 am »

Region map:

There's the enemy fortress in the west deep in the mountain range. Our expedition targets the valley in the eastern most part of the mountain range. further in east are the humans. In southwest are the elves and our Mountainhomes.

i'll start the first turn taking 7 of everything today or tomorrow and will wait to see if some of you are interested in joining this game. i've played one game of city-states on my own except that i tried to make one tower / mine per two dorfs and just ended up in too slow construction / mining because the towers were huge and the king's fortress was too slow to built the same time.

our first goal is to compete with the other city-states succession game.

playing slots:
1. ajar
2. skaltum
3. DwarfOfDefeat
4. Gyron
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:10:28 am by ajar »
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: (half) city-states succession game
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:08:37 am »

i want in :). but please explain the rules :D and conditions

and lp as humies :D :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:11:01 am by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:21:19 am »

Well, as far as I remember reading from the dfwiki we make 3 to 4 separate fortresses each inhabitin 2 peasant dwarfs (or one animal one dwarf) of opposite sex, maybe after trying to couple then in the first year so they will marry... anyways, the goal is that every starter dwarf (couple) build their own fortresses. The forts will have their own farms, every dwarf cultivates own crops, mines own tunnels, creates own crafts etc. We switch turns once per year and so players will be able to access caravans on their turn. The idea is that the turn ends right after trading and right before requesting next year's supplies, it has to be this way, so the next player can choose his/her imports and see the valuable exports.

The reason why the game's so small is because it's easier for everyone to control their own forts if the turns cirlce quicker.

Rules and settings
- Challenge: City-states, players build their own family forts around the map. Later as immigrants arrive the forts will be different size in population and perhaps in glory too (unless tunnel connected)
- Starting loc: What kind of map would you like to play in? Long distances, short? 3x3? or 6x2? Dry? Moist? Desert? Ocean?
- Starting How many picks? Weapons? How much booze?
- Tunnels between family forts allowed?
- Who want's the mayor/baron (capital)?
- Sparta?
- Metagame: How do you think I should play the first turn so that dwarfs have enough time to start coupling? And the goblins don't start ambushing?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:23:00 am by ajar »
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:02:24 am »

You shouldn't have tunnels between forts.  I believe the goal in the city state games is that each dwarf is sealed in his own fort, but if you connected them, they would just move about as normal.

This sort of thing will be easier with burroughs.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:07 am »

I don't know why I haven't started the game yet but we're waiting for a third player.

I suggest no tunnels between forts. Also, I would dump all extra food to a cave somewhere and close the cave from the outside world until the player's turn who controls those dwarves. This way the dwarfs inside the food cave have time to get know to each other and are safe from goblins/enemies.

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 09:24:09 pm »

i shall save us all! and ill be the more religuos city state
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:29:22 am »

Okay, I start the turns! 3 Players, turns every 3 years. Starting settings of my choice.

We need some kind of a system to make things go smoother.  In case the player is too busy to finish his turn. Lets say, if you haven't finished your turn in one week the turn passes on and the time that's left from the earlier player is added to the turn of the next player. I'll start the game today and tomorrow will be skaltums' turn. Then preferably on tuesday or on wednesday will be DwarfOfDefeats turn etc. Let's try this arrangement!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:36:30 am by ajar »

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:55:17 am »

will the other dwarves be shielded off so i dont use them? and i thought of my city state name: House Atreites (Ah-Tray-uh-tees)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 09:44:31 am »

will the other dwarves be shielded off so i dont use them? and i thought of my city state name: House Atreites (Ah-Tray-uh-tees)

well if their isn't one when on ajr's turn i'll make a bunker and lock the unused dwarfs in their. also i name my clan

Children of the Etherwind

;D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 10:31:38 am »

thanks cuz that would be cheating and i would no longer be the duke of house Atreides
i also propose that we build a cross road fort for trade and a meeting area and only the lead baron/duke/ruler with the most population or most military stucture either one :/

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 11:24:49 am »

ok im really concerned how will this work most of our dwarves will be homless and im last one so my guys will be homeless for.... 9 YEARS!!!!

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 04:16:08 am »

My clan's name is Dwarven Moonblight. But what shall be the name of our nation?

The immigrants will move to the bunker which is opened and then they will find their homes there. The challenge is to make enough farms and so that there won't be problem of supplies over the 2 next years which will be no-construction time

Turn 1

11th Malachite

The clans are migrating to opposite sides of the valley.

12th Malachite
We are building three strongholds around the valley.

13th Malachite
Everyone has been busy, except the Atreides, because me and 'Skal' did everything for them.

[main title edited]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:03:47 am by ajar »

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (half) city-states succession game Threeclans
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 07:11:26 am »

Skaltum, i tried to make the bunkers ready but I ended up only needing to make some more mechanisms for the levers, so could you finish this thing as you move some seeds to your fortress. Also, at some point isolate House Atreides. I don't think that I've got enough food in my own fortress, and the well didn't get finished before the merchants arrived, so if you separate my bunnker from the others make sure that the well is completed before that.

In other terms it's your turn skaltum!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1765

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 12:18:38 pm »

alrite i'll try to start tomorrow. maybe a little tonight.

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:04 pm »

cant wait for my start
:D
Pages: [1] 2 3