Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Likotsodel, In a New World  (Read 2082 times)

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
Likotsodel, In a New World
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:23:38 pm »

Long, long, ago, Armok crafted our world, and watched it with interest. Then, as Armok is prone to do, he grew bored of it, and left us. We should be glad that he did not destroy us and start over, as he usually does. The Philosophers and Druids wondered for many years: Why didn't he destroy us? Why didn't he reuse us?

Then, Armok answered.

"I have breathed life into a new creation, one which may become a staple of my worlds. I have given you time to prepare, and hopefully you can withstand this new being."

Long story short, we did, but barely. They covered the world. Known only as "Warriors", the beasts flooded across the world.

One dwarven government, "The Citadel of Trade", sent a small group to colonize an island off the coast of the main continent. The group, known as The Knives of Circling, discovered too late that the "Warriors" had already colonized the island, "The Land of Sizzling". They named the outpost Likotsodel, "Inkshields".

Once again Armok turns his attention to our world. Perhaps this place will entertain him enough to spare us once more.

-------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, this fortress is really a test of a custom race. With the new version on the horizon, I considered just not doing this, but because the next version will probably be much different than this one, I decided to just go for it.

Still accepting for various characters, the starting 7 are all taken.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Likotsodel, In a New World
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 08:15:55 pm »

I'll take that woodcutter/axedwarf.

Name her Amertha.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 08:48:12 pm »

Ill take the Miner
Name him Randal
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 09:40:50 pm »

You're both in. Starting the game up now, I can always modify the posts later to include any new arrivals.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:21 am »

I'll take... The mason?
Additionally, if you can, I would like to do some glassmaking.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 12:38:53 am »

I'll take... The mason?
Additionally, if you can, I would like to do some glassmaking.

EDIT: I'll just go with "Killer".

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:46:26 am »

I'll take the female craftsdwarf, name her Cupcake please. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:01:27 am »

Note: Italicized paragraphs indicate what Bembul is writing.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cast and Characters
Alirrah, a miner and expedition leader
Randal, a miner
Killer, a mason
Metila, a siege engineer
Rebellion, a farmer
Amertha, a woodcutter
Cupcake, a craftsdwarf

1st Granite, 301

"Today we began mining out the main staircase as well as the initial bedroom area. Next are the stockpile zones. The Warriors tend to come during the summer, leaving us little time to build up defenses. We need to build a hatch as soon as possible."

"If we were on the mainland, we would be able to have much more supplies, as well as trade from our three allies, the Humans, the Elves, and the Goblins. As much as I dislike Goblins and loathe the Elves, the coming of the Warriors has made it necessary to join forces with anybody we can."

1st Hematite, 301

"How long do you think until they attack?" asked Metila.

"Well, we should all be on our toes, no matter how long they take." replied Alirrah.

"Ech, not likely. The Warriors probably don't know we're here." said Rebellion.

"Really?" Killer pointed at the horizon.

"Amertha fought bravely, but still could not strike even one down. However, Killer managed to take two out with her bare hands before retreating."

"They're still waiting out there. What can we do?"

"Not much. Just open up the grates to the emergency water supply, we need to help Killer."

Cupcake shook her head. "No, I'm going out there to get Amertha."

"Cupcake pushed open the hatch, getting shot. In a rage she charged the Warriors, bashing down three of them with her hands, but was cut down by a hail of arrows before she could do any more damage."

"Randal screamed with rage as his lover died, charging out of the safety of the fortress and smashing his face into the Warrior that was on a horse. Not even their arrows stopped him, not even the arrow that hit him square in the eye. He kept on smashing them until they ran. Even then, he chased after them, splitting one Warriors skull in two. When he calmed, he went to his bed and rest."

Alirrah stayed in her quarters the rest of the season.

1st Limestone, 301
"Metila has started training with Amertha's axe. She tested his skill on local camels, and I can only hope she can at least hold off the assault when the caravan comes. If it comes."

The Caravan came, surprisingly. And soon after...

Warriors. More of them. All on horses.

"Metila fought bravely, and killed the head of the first squad. They scattered without their leader. However, their arrows wounded him severely, and she went in to rest. The Liason made it fine, but the caravan was slaughtered at our trade depot, but not before they managed to make a mess of the Warriors. "

1st Moonstone

"We finished the execution chamber, as well as set up a few cage traps. We'll get those bastards next time. Every time we drive them off they just come back with three times the troops. We should expect this next siege to be very tough."

"Killer is doing much better, but I wish I could say the same about Randal. He's still pretty beat up from the first attack. Metila is back on her feet, but I fear some of the damage may be permanent."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 10:53:47 am »

Well that didn't last long... oh well.

viva la Cupcake 2. If you have any spare dwarves.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 01:18:21 pm »

It might be awhile before any migrants come, considering the fact that the caravan was slaughtered, but I put you on the list of dorfs :D

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Likotsodel, Last Stand?
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »

Well, this story is going by way faster than I hoped. The leader of the Warrior civ has just come, along with all but one of the local leaders. I leave it up to you, readers, should The Knives of Circling make one last stand against these fiends (backed up with the caravan guards) or should they hide in the safety of their fortress?

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »

6th Opal

"The Warriors don't seem to be coming this season. I am thankful for the quiet. Metila is training again, practicing on the wildlife. The predators seem to be coming here looking for camels to eat, since Metila has since exhausted the local camel population."

14th Granite, 302

"We have survived a year. It does not seem like they are going to attack again this season. If they are, they must have something big."

"Rebellion and Metila married today. They celebrated in the new dining hall."

25th Hematite

"No sign of the warriors for three seasons. Either we scared them away or they're wanting us to get comfortable. If they strike, it will likely be with the next caravan."

19th Limestone, 302

"I now know why they took two seasons. They have been gathering as many of their people as possible. Apparently we are such a foe to them that their leader is personally leading the charge against us. With him are four out of five of the local leaders. This may be the last battle against the Warriors. Zidel bless us, we are going out."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »

Hide, hide with all your might!

Also I'd like to claim Cog, call her Metila
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
Likotsodel, The Last Stand!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »

Alirrah wasn't sure what happened. They charged in, and then...

There were dead warriors everywhere. And they had captured one of their leaders. Surveying the carnage, they found the leader of the Warriors dead. Some Warriors had even tried to desecrate the burial places of Cupcake and Amertha.

"The Warriors we captured, the Pike Leader, a nameless Wrestler, and four horses, shall be executed in our execution chambers.""

"We finally have a chance to look at a warrior close up. They are as disturbing as they act. They have no mouth, and their eyes are completely gray, as though clouds exist within their heads. They are far taller than even a human, about the height of an ogre. On their left arm, a very sharp bone sticks out, as though it is used as a blade."

"Going through the list, there are only two leaders left, both bowmen. They will undoubtably come back with a vengeance, so we must be prepared. For now, we are just cleaning up and collecting their weapons and armor."

"What is this? Migrants? Praise Zidel, someone finally came! What do we have? One of Cupcake's relatives, who shares the same name as her, and various ribble rabble that haven't really explained themselves yet."

------------------------------------------------------------

Woops, in the heat of battle I realized I forgot to take any screenshots of it. :P

-------------------------------------------------------------

That winter, they came. They met Metila.

She slaughtered many of their number, taking down one of the rulers. The other ruler shot her through the heart, and the arrow pierced the lung. She died instantly. Zeff, one of the new members, took command, and commanded Alirrah and Rebellion to join the fray. Zeff commanded them valiantly, driving off the Warriors. The cowardly leader fled.

"Zeff is now recognized as a champion. I saw that she had considerable skill when she first came here, and she is now in command of our small militia. I hope her skills will protect us from future incursions."

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

To be honest I'm surprised I got migrants, especially after everyone from the caravan, including the liason, was slaughtered. The guys who carried the donkeys around were trying to escape without legs.

Also, the Leader of the Warriors had a really lucky shot. :/

Anyway, there are MORE OPENINGS, thanks to the migrant wave.
Pages: [1] 2 3