Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Likotsodel, In a New World  (Read 2079 times)

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Likotsodel, In a New World
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »

Journal of Zeff Agespage the Vanished Trench, Champion

"I get sent here to fight Warriors, and what do I get? First thing that Alirrah chick tells me is 'Duhh you better help clean up the last battle duhh!' Freakin nobles. Even the elected ones act like they were dipped in a barrel full of elven beer as kids. Then, this one chick, Metila, she was pretty cool, she rushed out there with an axe and busted heads! Too bad she was shot down by their leader. I know his type; the Warriors who want to survive. Armok didn't make them to live, he made them to fight. It goes to show you; Archers are always damned cowards."

"I oughta write about my debut here. See, I was busy haulin bodies out of the fort when these elf-assed pansies carrying hammers bust down the door. So, naturally, I just picked up the spear from the nearest corpse and jammed it right into his damn throat! I swear, his head went flying 10 feet or somethin. The make a mess of the other guy and take his spear. Then I rush outside, and tell the stupid chick and some dude who was layin around to pick up some weapons. They follow me, and I rush out there and gut some punks. Then they all start runnin' away! For my actions, I was awarded the position of Champion of Likotsodel, which isn't the best title I've ever received, but hey, it'll do for now."

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 06:03:38 pm »

Ill take obok. Just call him Zeff. Also good story nice creatures...How did you mod them in?
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 06:22:45 pm »

Put them in the raw files. I can upload the mod sometime, when I'm not on my laptop. It doesn't add much, and a lot of the creatures in it aren't even used. :P

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »

that would be cool! I think this would be awesome with the relentless assault mod...also thanks for giving me the dwarf :D
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SoulSpeared

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

I'll be the Miner/Leader! Name her Allirah.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 08:55:14 pm »

Ok, of the original 7 only the farmer is left :D

• Bay Watcher
  • Dammit John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 04:21:19 am »

I'll take the farmer! Call him Rebellion!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:48 am »

Damn I seemed to of cursed that dwarf =P.

Ok, Can I get the Farmer. Hobodite if male, Kalesdin if female
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 08:12:40 am »

Meh, I'll take another one. Put him/her in the military. If male, Xanthius. If female, Amertha II.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 11:47:59 pm »

Ok, the post will be a bit late because there is A LOT to catch up on. Also, HFS and Metal Militia, you have champions, because all the soldiers recently reached champion status :P

Big things coming up!

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 10:02:11 pm »

"Another year has passed, and we are almost done with the cleanup. We are going to light the blaze of garbage in memory of those who lost their lives defending this place."

[24.png]

"Zeff has done a wonderful job of training. Many of the migrants were drafted into the military, and we have two more champions. We also have our first artifact, a brass idol that has no significance. The Warriors did not show up during the spring, and hopefully they won't show up again, ever."

12 days later, the Warriors came, but their numbers were smaller. Zeff yelled the command to charge at the Leader.

They killed the leader, but no other warriors. They did kill all the horses!

Zeff noted after the battle, "They're getting weaker. We need more of a challenge."

Autumn

"They have not appeared for two seasons. I believe we have won the battle, at least for now. In the mean time, we shall focus on building great monuments to our people."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Hematite, Summer 304

Journal of Urdim Kuletluskem, Sheriff

"Alirrah has been too preoccupied with the construction of, among other things, a statue garden, a bath chamber, and a larger tomb area."

"After nearly a year of hiding, more Warriors have arrived. I have sent our champions out to fight them. There are very few this time, and I am hoping for minimal casualties."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As it happened...

Zeff charged at the line of Warriors, piercing through its hand, tearing it clean off. To finish it, she thrust her spear through its head.

Cupcake II jammed his spear inside the torso of one of the Warrior Commanders. He looked into its eyes, and saw that this fight would be different.

Without leaders, without a home, without anything, all the Warriors had left to fight for was survival.

Zeff swungs around, cutting a Warrior's horse in two, as well as cutting open the stomach of its rider.

Bomrek smashed the skulls of two Warriors with his shield, and kicked a Commander to the ground. He proceeded to jam the spear through the things legs, and tore off its left arm. Another group of Warriors, Archers, fired their arrows at Bomrek before retreating. Bomrek deflected most of them, and only took one or two hits to the arms.

Cupcake II continued impaling horses and riders. He tore off the head of a Hammer Warrior, and saw Zeff. He smiled. The two had become engaged to be married recently, and this was their favorite kind of date.

Zeff was knocked over by a rider, and as the horse tried to trample her, she impaled it on her spear and threw the horse, the rider, and the spear about twenty feet. She picked up the riders spear, and killed an archer trying to sneak up on her.

Atir managed to go through 8 spears over the course of the battle, each time impaling a warrior and twisting the spear until he died.

Alath lost his spear, and made do with his shield instead.

A group of warriors began retreating...

And fired a hail of arrows that blocked out the sun.

They hit Cupcake II. His intestines fell out first. The sun was hot. It was very hot out. He heard Zeff shout for him. He saw the Sheriff burst out of the hatch, firing his crossbow at the Warriors. He saw Randal running out to get him inside. He saw the remaining Commander Warrior, looking down at him, holding a hammer.

The Commander crushed Cupcake II's head.

Atir ran at the Commander, but again the Archers fired the rain of arrows. Atir dodged many of them, but one pierced his head. He went into a berserk rage, slaughtering any warriors that would get near him. Tiring out, he let his guard down. The archers shot him through the heart this time. It was a quick death.

The Sheriff crawled back inside. His legs were broken, but not beyond repair.

Bomrek chased off the Archers. Zeff and Atir both fought to slay the Commander. Zeff managed to slay him by stabbing his head with her spear.

All their "Leaders" were down. Yet the Warriors stayed. Their eyes burned with the urge to live, the urge to survive. They were brought to this world to fight, to prove their worth. These Warriors were willing to prove that they mattered, that they should be given mouths, that they are ready to be completed.

Armok paid no attention.

After a day, they finally fled. They realized that they would not survive at this place.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The pictures will come later after I decide which ones are the best. I took a LOT of screencaps.

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 12:12:37 am »

Hmm would it be unheard of to change Zeff's name to something more...feminine...? I mean (stupid me) that Zeff was a she XD. I mean if not its all good. I mean Zeff can be a girls name too. Its that awesome :D
GENERATION 26:

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »

There will probably be a MASSIVE update tomorrow, lots of stuff is going on, and I'll give you all a rundown of the place, and all the projects we've been up to.

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 01:46:51 pm »

Much has happened since I last wrote.

We have gotten used to the sieges. We have even created an arena, The Chapel of Warriors, to hold them.

I have given up writing reports, instead opting for this diary. The caravan has not come in years. I fear they have forgotten us. We have lost five since my last entry, notably Zeff.

The circumstances surrounding (The page cuts off)

"Glory! After many years, the caravan has arrived, and we have the goods to give them! We shall tell them our tale, and they can pass it onward! Hopefully they have a cat or two to help clean up the vermin problem!"

"The circumstances surrounding the death of the champion Zeff are still mysterious. What is know is that Zeff got into an argument with Bomrek, and threw the first blow. However, it is not confirmed that Bomrek killed Zeff, all we know is that the cause of death was blood loss. She was given a grave in a special zone, in the Heat Room."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The bathhouse was a spectacular failure, and has been converted into an execution chamber/prisoner shower. We are beginning to build an outdoor prison complex to keep the POWs in. We may just remove the spikes from the old execution chambers and replace the doors with floodgates."

"We created an alternate entrance just for the warriors. We drop them into lava from the bridge, and any who dodge the bridge are caught in our cage traps. So far, Bomrek has been content fighting them, and I dare not risk my dear Atir's life in the arena. Bomrek has an almost goblin lust for blood. He always has a bizarre smile on his face when he strikes down anyone weaker than him..."

"We have had no births, but the wife of the Sheriff has had a miscarriage in the past year. Our population is dying, your Highness, and we cannot hold out for much longer. Our stores are running low, and we only have a few seeds."

"Dare we venture outside the moat? Perhaps I should send a party of 7 to build a community outside this one, reserving these stores for the legendary workers and nobles? I do not wish to do this, but if it becomes necessary, I will."

"In my next letter I will provide diagrams and engravings of our fair hamlet. Peace be with you, Alirrah."

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 04:25:44 am »

Nice up date. How many dwarfs are left?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 [2] 3