Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 10)  (Read 8497 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 2)
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 08:22:02 am »

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: x2yzh9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current map (click to show/hide)

Hell. 30,40 rolls in total, and 4 natural 100s... My dice are broken. But broken or not, this IS awesome.

A few questions for all of you.

1) Do you think it is necessary, helpful, or useless to include an aboveground map of every bunker, eg. to show where buldings/turrets/fields are?

2) Any proposals on new rules, more possibilities, restrictions, etc?

3) Is current pace ok, or do you prefere only one update each day?

Farming rules:
-Every square has a maximum of 2 food/day production, if you want to harvest every day. These are crops genetically enhanced to grow extremely fast.
-You can also opt to plant crops which give 20 food every week.
-Of course, you'll need seeds or other means of reproducing plants to get started.
-You will first need to have plotted ground. For furrowing, you need 1 person/square.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:40:26 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 10:32:04 am »

Populus of Palus

Have 15 scientists search for seeds of plants, if there is any at all.

have 54 miners continue digging outside for ore and such.

have 15 craftsmen refine all of our available ore into scrap

Have 5 traders stay for the expedition and the remaining 5 begin the trade route w/ intuenso.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:53:25 pm by x2yzh9 »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:58 am »

plant 43 fields outside, with varying types of crops such as potatoes, barley, lettuce, carrots, etc. with 5 craftsmen.

That will require 43 people and seeds.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:15 am »

plant 43 fields outside, with varying types of crops such as potatoes, barley, lettuce, carrots, etc. with 5 craftsmen.

That will require 43 people and seeds.
Ok, i fixed it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »

Torir Hegemony

21 miners will continue mining iron. One will man the new drill and mine the strange ore.
5 craftsmen will follow the miners and shore up the mine as they dig.

19 miners will continue farming. My goal is 5x10 farm plot.

10 scientists will examine the machine gun, figuring out how to fix it, how to make more, how to mount it on the buggy, and what sort of ammo it needs.

5 craftsmen will create crossbows out of wood, trying not to use scrap.

5 craftsmen and 10 scientists will attempt to fix and upgrade the buggy. I want armored plating and four seats.

6 traders and 5 craftsmen, along with two suits and all ten bows, will return to the wrecked car and salvage it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:09:53 pm by Nirur Torir »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 02:32:46 pm »

x2yzh9: You have no genetically modified rice. Nobody already has something that even remotely resembles a plant. I'm sorry if I let you think you had, but you havent.
*WHACK*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »

x2yzh9: You have no genetically modified rice. Nobody already has something that even remotely resembles a plant. I'm sorry if I let you think you had, but you havent.
Ok, i fixed it[again]

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 03:36:05 pm »

*WHACK*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 4)
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 04:31:38 pm »

Alright. I fixed it.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

Ok, thanks :) . Sorry for nitpicking, but it's the only way to keep it as fair as possible.
*WHACK*

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 06:04:23 pm »

Christ. I just seem to be having inexplicable luck, even when I don't need it.

Well anyways, in order to share with my other two bunkers, I have decided to start building up an expedition to head south, towards the city. You can tell already from my recent successes that there is technology waiting to be used out there. I'm inviting you to join my expedition and head south. We will split all findings evenly. I don't mind going alone, but if we all go, we're more likely to succeed and we will all gain something. We should fight together, as we have no idea what's down there.

Inteuniso examined his bunkers findings and makings. An old jetpack, reflective cells in the wolf's blood, a two-seater trike, and a farming plot. Hoping his allies would have as much luck as him, he began sketching out a plan. It was ambitious to be sure, but he had everything he needed. Besides, he didn't want to be stuck in this bunker forever.

Have 5 crafters try to build a coil rifle again. Have another 5 begin manufacturing coil rifle ammo, and boxes of mossena semi-auto ammo. Have 5 other crafters finish the kitchen, and when finished, cook the giant wolf corpse and use any parts. Bone should be saved, fat, tendons, sinew, anything that is of use. Anything that can't be cooked should be given to the scientists, and I'm guessing very few organs can't be eaten.

Have 40 miners dig out a 2x2 room east of the Northeastern corridor. Have 10 miners dig out more in the shaft.

Have 10 scientists study the jetpack. Have 5 scientists begin to study the reflective cells more in-depth. Have the final 5 scientists begin to design a turret chassis for the coil rifle. Preferably dual-barreled, and able to be mounted on both vehicles and buildings.

Have 14 traders and 4 miners head to the farmhouse and search for scrap and seeds. bring all the pistols, the coil hunting rifle, and any ammo for the coil rifle. Bring the trike with them, with a bin, to collect as many seeds and scrap as possible. Seeds are preferable to scrap, but I would like both.

Give the Populous of Palus a copy of the Coil Rifle blueprints.

This is really coming together. It's great, and I can't wait to see more of it. Oh, and when I get back from dinner, I'll post the first fanart.

EDIT: Fanpic FIRST. Sorry that it's not that good.

This game is something I'm really getting into. I don't know why, but my imagination goes to work any time I think of this game. The sweeping martian landscape, The miles-high dome, the bunkers, and the city. It's a great picture in my mind.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:15:18 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 06:10:22 pm »

Yeah, I really like this game.
I look forward to it.

Would it be okay if I post a rivaling strategy game on here?
Because I had an idea for a game about 2 to 3 years ago.
It might need some testing on here, before I learn to program and actually make it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

I changed my turn slightly. I intend to repair and mount the machine gun on my buggy next turn. If it works, we'll have some useful support for our mission.

I'll donate food food for the expedition, so they can stay out longer.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 06:53:38 pm »

Changed mine slightly as well.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »

I changed mine, and added fanpic. Yay for fanpics.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10