Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 10)  (Read 8502 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 1)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 04:10:30 pm »

Torir Hegemony

Nirur Torir stood at the front of the crowded lobby. His people had been bored and cramped in nearly unlivable conditions for far too long, and it was time to discuss the future with them. "Yes, the air outside is finally breathable. Yes, our supplies are running low. No, we don't know how many others survived. No, we don't know what else is out there. However, we do know that there are two other bunkers that survived, to the east. We don't know if the people inside survived, as the radar arrays linking us to them are heavily antiquated. I expect to be able to tell you more about them by tomorrow.

Hear me now, good people. I assure you, that no matter what it takes, we will survive. I will do anything to return the standard of living you once knew and enjoyed to as many of you as possible. The days and weeks ahead may be difficult, and not all of us may survive, but we will get through this. Together.

Torir Hegemony prevails, citizens."

-----

Thirty minutes later, Nirur spoke to his aide, alone. "I want teams of miners digging a hallway though the back of the storage area. Have them dig as far as they can in a day, straight across from the entrance. Inform me if they find anything.
I want the scientists to figure out a design for a command center. I want to be able to directly communicate with anyone wearing one of those suits, see what they see, read their instruments, and give them instructions."
I want one diplomat sent to each of the other bunkers. Tell the other eight to split up, scouting to the west and then to the south. They shouldn't need the suits.
As for the craftsmen, I feel we'll need guns and bullets. Our people were never trained for military duties, so the guns should be simple to use and maintain."

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 1)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: x2yzh9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current map (click to show/hide)

First turn, and already some interesting results. I await the next turn(s) eagerly :)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TBS Experiment: New Hope Survival (Turn 2)
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 09:00:40 pm »

Populus of Palus

Build a few supports to support The western room and finish mining out that space using 10
craftsmen and 20 miners

Build a small water purifier with 5 craftsmen
Send 5 scientists out to collect water
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:06:30 pm by x2yzh9 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 09:47:39 pm »

Torir Hegemony

Nirur and his aide watched the gun demonstration. "And ... these 'guns' ... You say they will help? Um, yea. I guess they might be useful." A stray demonstration arrow hits the wall behind him and snaps. "Um. That's, er, nice. The science team designed a command center, which I want you to build."

-----

Nirur spoke with his aide, alone. "I'm sure they tried hard, but try to motivate them to build something more useful next time. I suppose having enough of them would help if we wanted to quell a rebellion or something, but rebellion isn't likely.
Ask the science team about designing a motorized vehicle. Preferably one that can be recharged from our generator.
I want the miners continuing their tunnel. I remember reading some pamphlet before the incident about mineral veins being found up north. If we found a source of iron, it would be very useful.
The explorers should be returning soon, and I had instructed the diplomats sent to the other bunkers to establish friendly contact and then return.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to decipher this text we received earlier."

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 10:03:20 pm »

"DAMMIT!" Inteuniso cursed as he heard the crackle of static come from group 4. "I need to get a search party ready. We need to find them, dead or alive. Take 6 miners, along with 4 traders and 5 craftsmen, and start searching for them!"

"Also, get those diplomats to start hashing out trade agreements with the other bunkers. Preferably two-way ones.

He began to lay out a plan, written on his trusty E-Paper.

In a barely intelligible scrawl...
10 craftsmen... create weaponry. Use scrap to make pistols, bullets, etc.

Have 40 miners start digging into area dug out previously. Plans to make a preliminary 3x3 room.

Have my scientists reverse-engineer the hunting rifle. If we can figure out how it works-it means an army & selling rifles to other bunkers.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:40:13 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 06:02:24 am »

There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 08:55:59 am »

Torir Hegemony

Praise the miners!
I want the miners to mine out the iron.
I want half the craftsmen reinforcing the mine.
I want the other half of my craftsmen working with the scientists to perfect the buggy.
I want to send one diplomat with a suit to each allied bunker. They will serve as communication relays, and inform my allies that we will begin working on farming tomorrow.
I'm sending out a team of four diplomats with three suits, both spud guns, ten AA batteries, two bows, and ten arrows. I want them following the road to the northwest.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 09:07:38 am »

Trade agreements will have to be established via PM. You can communicate via diplomats in someone else's base, or via communication devices. Send a copy to me as well.
*WHACK*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 12:54:58 pm »

Populus of Palus
Send 10 scientists and 10 craftsmen out to tap the water and create a water 'rig' there, afterwards build a pipeline leading from the rig to the water purifier at base so they can be constantly supplied with clean water.
If the tapping of water is effective, have 10 scientists produce a chemical nutrient solution, the last part of a hydroponics farm.
Have 54 of the miners go out and start mining the rocks and such for ore, wich could be made into scrap?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 04:51:35 pm »

Survivors of Mossena Arcade

Sweet! Coil rifles are mine!
Also, that's crazy about that giant wolf. I wonder if there's others out there like it. And how else life in the dome has mutated.

Have 20 miners hollow out the rest of the 3x3 room.
30 miners should dig a hallway to the north of the bunker, from the lobby.

Have 10 scientists begin to design a vehicle chassis. Preferably a small, two-seater, great for scouting.
Have 5 scientists begin to examine the giant wolf. Why is it so large? Does it have any signs of scarring or wounds, besides the miner's hammer?
Have the last 5 scientists begin to research farming techniques. Irrigation, best planting strategies, etc.

Have 10 craftsmen begin to build a kitchen in the 3x3 room. We'll need somewhere to process the plants and cook all that giant wolf meat.
Have the other 5 craftsmen, along with 5 miners, go to the abandoned substation. Have the 5 miners bring the Mossena pistols and their clips. Begin collecting scrap, and look for any other abandoned technology that might be of use. Scrap is the highest priority though.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 06:32:07 pm »

A word on wounds:
- On a big enough fail, a second (invisible) dice will determine graveness of the wound.
- Light wounds have effect for 1 or 2 days, and have a -1 penalty to all d100.
- Medium wounds have effect for 3 to 6 days, and have a -3 penalty
- Heavy wounds have effect for at least a week. The wounded person can't work during this time. If a person wants his crew to do more work to compensate, they get a -5 penalty. So either it goes slower, or worse. So far, I've always chosen the penalty for you as it has had no noticable effects.

Ore:
- Ore can either be used directly as scrap, by refining it. It gives 2 scrap.
- It can also be crafted into a component needed for one of your creations. This will require smithing, though it will grant a scrap and succes bonus. After all, a custom-made piece wil work far better than random junk.

It is late, so please tell me of any mistakes you stumble upon.

And I'm still amazed by inteuniso's killing spree today...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:34:43 pm by EagleV »
*WHACK*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 06:55:51 pm »

Populus of Palus

Refine all of my ore into scrap, using 5 craftsmen.

Upgrade the water purifier to be able to purify 100 units of water a day with 5 craftsmen

Mine out and build supports for the eastern hydroponics area so that at full capacity it will give 100 units of food daily? with 54 miners and 5 craftsmen.

Send a scientist out to man the turret

Send a diplomatic party of 5 traders to the Survivors of Mossena Arcade

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:06 pm »

Inteuniso could barely believe the luck the bunker was having. Having blueprints for rifles, a design for a vehicle, iron ore, and a ruby, the size of a fist. Wondering how to handle this luck, he remembered an old saying his father would tell him."Don't get too happy", he would always say. Not wanting to push luck any further, he decides to hold back on any risky ventures. Just the basics. Setting up food, getting to the bottom of this wolf business, and more.

What disturbed him most, though, was the comment of the wolf's PREVIOUS scars. What had caused these? What else is out there that wasn't known?

Have 10 craftsmen begin assembly on the trike. It shall be mine!

Have 5 scientists begin to study the wolf's blood. Have them in spacesuits in case of any District 9-ness.

Have 45 of the miners begin furrowing and planting a 4x4 farm plot, just west of the trade depot. It should grow carrots, barley, potatoes, and wheat.

Have the traders at the neighboring bunkers come back, leaving behind one of their radios for constant communication.

Have 10 scientists begin to plan their laboratory. They're gonna get it soon.

Have 5 crafters begin to make another coil rifle. When finished, begin making ammo, CAREFULLY.

Have 5 scientists and 14 of the miners go out to gather scrap. Be sure to bring the pistols, loaded.

Question: Will we get more then the beginning 100? Death and destruction is bound to take some down, and while I don't suggest birth, will scattered bunkers/survivors from the city/etc. be an option?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:20:40 pm by inteuniso »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 08:10:29 pm »

Torir Hegemony

I'll group the four traders together, naming them Scout Team 1. They'll take the supplies they took last time and will continue exploring northwest along the road.
Another three traders will be Scout Team 2. They will also take three suits, along with three bows and the remaining 15 arrows. They will follow the road south.
My last trader will take a gun, two clips, and 200 food in the buggy. He will deliver the food to the Survivors of Mossena Arcade, trade it for 30 scrap, and return.

5 craftsmen will continue shoring up the mine.
20 diggers will continue digging out ore.
All remaining personnel will begin farming efforts outside the bunker.

As a gesture of goodwill, all information pertaining to my command center will be transmitted to the other two factions.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 03:36:37 am »

Question: Will we get more then the beginning 100? Death and destruction is bound to take some down, and while I don't suggest birth, will scattered bunkers/survivors from the city/etc. be an option?

I did think about that for a while, and I think it would be OK to have some (maybe genuinly-hostile) NPC factions that have a bit of trouble keeping their people with them.

About birth: if you were to set up a human breeding program you might get 50 babies a year, not counting miscarriages due to lack of equipment, while, well, it would take them 12 years to be of use if you consider 12yo helpfull... So you're damn right to not suggest it ;) .

Also, it's possible to try to convince people from the other bunkers to join you.

Also also, I just got a mental image of a trader guy wearing knee and elbowprotectors, racing in a buggy over farmland, holding with his right hand to the steering wheel while he shoots down a giant wolf that was jumping to him in mid-air... Too bad I suck at drawing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:58:03 am by EagleV »
*WHACK*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10