Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55917 times)

meatloaf231

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Less dawdle more waddle!
    • View Profile

I've done a whole pile of nothing so far - spent most of that time figuring out what was what - and I've got to go to sleep. I'm working most of tomorrow, but I might be able to do some things on the weekend. Just take the previous save. Make something horrible wonderful.

Also, I don't think he was referring to you, Shonus. LordSlowpoke is a real person - as far as we know. Could be a robot. Or a witch.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:32:16 am by meatloaf231 »
Science: the perfect justification for any action.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

I didn't even read the thread, but considering the epicness of the previous Sparkgears I can say only one thing.
23'th is mine. And for the love of Armok, try and not leave me with smoking ruins and one dwarf. Make it regular ruins, two dwarfs, and some booze.

Easy mix-up, I suppose.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

sorry, DS. I just drowned my laptop and I'm a little testy.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm back on. I've grabbed the save already, will start playing in a few minutes.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Right, and yeah lord shonus I was referring to the actual lordslowpoke, not you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Armok help me. I barely found where the windmills are, have no idea where are the levers nor to what they're linked, and my dwarfs started digging without picks at all. In the meantime some dwarfs are making a floating bridge, while seven others have no job or a possible way of getting one.
Did I mention that I have no idea what the hell is going on at all?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not really all that complicated, just pause the game and follow all the hallways and see where they lead and work everything out.

Also: http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-21503-thedininghallimprovedupgradedandrevamped

The points of interest might help you out.

P.S. Also, wait a sec, wait did derek upload a map if he didn't give us a save?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 08:21:23 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There seems to be a few major problems with the lava furnaces. One of them, which is in multiple amounts, means that they don't have lava. I'll move them further into it.
Also, I'm not even trying to drain lava, my work is focused on making a bridge to the second mountain and making a sky fort.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I think the previous guy obsidianzied all the magma under the forges so yeah that may be a problem.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile

Sorry about the map. I uploaded the map, was zipping the save, then my computer died.

For fun: See if you can find the death-trap.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah right. How's it coming lordslowpoke?

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

Hey, why it's write: Magma flood in progress, Blame the Spoon, it's my fault! I deserve the credit for my dumb error :)
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, sorry guys, I'm gonna have to ask you to skip me. Yet, I shall brag in how many ways I got the fortress killed in the past 23 hours:
One death trap,
Two tantrum spirals,
Three lava floods,
Four berserk champions,
Five megabeast strikes,
Six Skytower collapses,
Seven beetlesplosions (why in the love of everything that's insane we have so many giant beetles and larvas, that's beyond me)
And finally,
Eight aquifer floods.
I tried to die in such a perfect way I could do a "on the first day of Christmas..." in here, but ran out of time. All I ask for is somebody names the legendary engraver after me, I'll post the save if you guys really want that.

EDIT: I also managed to make a mechanism involving 12 hanging windmills, fire imp corpses in a cage and huge amounts of other stuff. I don't even remember for what it was, but one of the berserking champions destroyed 11 gear assemblies in a row, the rest is history.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:53:49 am by LordSlowpoke »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seven beetlesplosions (why in the love of everything that's insane we have so many giant beetles and larvas, that's beyond me)

I like giant beetles okay. I did butcher some of the excess males though.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

Giant beetles are cool :p
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33