Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55914 times)

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile

I don't know what they are, all I know is that when a dwarf walks through a certain area, they either lay down and crawl past the points or go around.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

That's... odd.

Can't you use {k} to see what they are?

A floating creature (subject to the broken projectile bug) will be the creature's symbol on a light blue background. Anything like that? There must be something in the tile if dwarves are lying down, right? Does it always display a plain floor tile?

, . ; or somesuch?
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile

Here is a picture of the invisible creature:

Hes next to the pillar in the vomit.

I tried building a wall on it:

I don't how it works. It's just like a ghost is there.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Try channeling that square.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't even read the thread, but considering the epicness of the previous Sparkgears I can say only one thing.
23'th is mine. And for the love of Armok, try and not leave me with smoking ruins and one dwarf. Make it regular ruins, two dwarfs, and some booze.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

We don't take date, we just wait for the release, so take the save when it's upload ;) We don't have ruin, but we have magma flooded map :)

For the invisible creature, could you just ignore it?
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it's sweet, delicious anarchy then? Fits Sparkgear perfectly, but I'm not sitting here for the next 48 hours waiting for the save.

...or maybe I am. Time to make some coffee.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile

Progress Update:
Deaths: 3, it two separate magma related instances. No named dwarves, but I believe two were off duty military

Area's Lost to Magma: A portion of the magma viewing gallery.
Area's Taken from Magma: The forges. We know have steel bars again. And a lot of nickel ones.

Redesigning Pump-stack to use less power. It didn't work when I got it.

Death trap in progress. The next person to get the save must defuse it or suffer a magma flood.

Sky fort in progress. Our children shall live in the stars.

Large bridge to plateau is almost finished.

Old burial ground and farm area in the process of being drained and evaporated.

Separating the forges from the main magma flow was difficult. It involved a cave-in and a partial flooding of a storage area. Only a few masterwork pieces of clothing lost.

Masterwork engravings defaced by magma: >100

Cave-In did not kill the ghost.

I'll release the save in ~6 hours. I can't believe how much fun it is to play a Sparkgear.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your good work. Well done!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

The atmosphere fit with the SG, but not your good working lol. Anyways, that amazing that the fort is actually surviving my stupid error :)
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoo
« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2010, 09:19:23 pm »

Skip me. My computered died

meatloaf231

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Less dawdle more waddle!
    • View Profile

So. What's the order to the chaos here? Who's going next and may I get the next open spot?
Science: the perfect justification for any action.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

JUst go ahead and grab the save and tell us you've started playing, since it seems that lordslowpoke is offline.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1865

meatloaf231

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Less dawdle more waddle!
    • View Profile

Right. I'll do what I can tonight. Let's see if we can't make some sense of this place.

Well. It's surprisingly... under control. Not too much is on fire and there's only that invisible siege. I think I've worked out the layout of the place, but nothing seems overly pressing...

I opened a bit wider of a route to the farms by accident, but hey. Nothing says Sparkgear like absurd, pointless tunnels.

Also, which is the Skytower? Is it the glass tower in the middle or is it the outcropping on the mountain? Should I be working on it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:04:06 am by meatloaf231 »
Science: the perfect justification for any action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

JUst go ahead and grab the save and tell us you've started playing, since it seems that lordslowpoke is offline.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1865

I heard that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33