Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55925 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Finally, this fort is starting to look like a proper Sparkgear! 

things I like about this fortress:
-The tanner who stubbornly clings to civilian life, despite being a proficient marksdwarf with 11 notable kills.  I say 'stubbornly' because although I personally have put her into the military twice, she is now a legendary tanner with the title of "Civilian."  Her husband and all but two of her children are dead; one of the exceptions was babysnatched, the other is mayor.
-The green glass windows that have been put up to protect the doors that separate the parts of the old fortress that are flooded with magma from the areas still inhabited.   
-The population: 24 happy, well-fed dwarfs living in the ruins of a fortress that housed three times that number.  Three antediluvian rulers survive.
-The huge slab of warm magma on the surface.
-Small, winding tunnels connecting formerly separated parts of the fortress, bypassing corridors flooded with magma.

One thing I don't like is how it claims to be under siege even though there are no hostiles in the unit screen.  What's up with that?

Glad you like it. :) Yeah and that siege bug is weird and annoying.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

I can have an hand to undo everything do so far :) (weir syntax, I know) My reincarnation is better to have live this far ^^

New project, build a sky fortress with pillar to the surface of the magma, pumping system to get water in the new fortress, farm, new militia and a magma room to make forge ^^ The chance of succeeding are so tin that I don't think we will achieve that :p
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:36:06 pm by sir labreck »
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can have an hand in undoing everything done so far. :) (weird syntax, I know) My reincarnation better still be alive. ^^

New project, build a sky fortress with a pillar to the surface of the magma, pumping system to get water in the new fortress, farm, new militia and a magma room to make forge ^^ The chances of succeeding are so thin that I don't think we will achieve that. :p

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

We have the water pumping ability already from my turn. Also the magma seems to be disappearing.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

One thing I don't like is how it claims to be under siege even though there are no hostiles in the unit screen.  What's up with that?

Are you sure there isn't a Sand Raider siege going on? They're hidden until you discover them. Although they make a b-line for the entrance like every other siege, so if it has been that way for a while (and there is a way in) it's probably not them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Well technically I don't think that they can get to our entrance right now though I am not 100% on that.

Edit: Or its a glitch seeing as I used a little companion style cheatery to find out if there was anything.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:15:04 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

C'mon, someone take a turn already.  :-\

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile

I'll grab the save for a few hours.

Edit: Found invisible units, will attempt to destroy with magma and cave-ins.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:22:58 pm by derekiv »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

What where they?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

What where they?
please don't be the flying goblin bug please don't be the flying goblin bug

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

What where they?
please don't be the flying goblin bug please don't be the flying goblin bug
I can fix that with an external program, but magma and cave-ins can't. Hopefully we'll get word on whether that's the problem.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

I can fix that with an external program, but magma and cave-ins can't. Hopefully we'll get word on whether that's the problem.
Really?  I didn't know that could be fixed...  As an ardent save-scummer I live in fear of this bug, you gotta tell me how to do it.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utilities
Dwarf Companion. I don't remember what the actual tag for a projectile creature is on there, but it's not the one labeled "Flying".
The sigs topic:

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

I don't remember what the actual tag for a projectile creature is on there
Alas, that's what I was looking for; I have tried using companion before but had no luck.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't matter; you just uncheck them one at a time until it drops out of the air. Or you can uncheck them all; it doesn't really matter.
The sigs topic:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33