Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55940 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

Hey Labreck, you should change "chose" in your signature to "choose" in both places.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

When is the next spot open? I might be able to have a go at it. Also if you have infinity water you just have to pump it up and out over the magma making the field of burning death into the worlds largest obsidian farm.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

There's no schedule any more. Just grab it as soon as spoon posts a save.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Will do, if I see the save and have time I will grab it after posting so no one ninjas it away from me.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

I'll be done with the save in a sec, been slacking because I was a bit tired.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1863

Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-21503

Chapter 4: Rebuilding

After the crazy one was evicted from the forge and our hope of survival forged, I began making rapid streams of orders telepathically and via my beetle minions. Soon  new farms were set up, our brethren in the bedroom district were reunited with us, new coffins were placed and bodies were buried, the old stockpiles and the workshop district were mined to and could once again be used and I just generally made stuff better. I even rescued that damned Kuzzles after he kept insistingly sending me telepathic messages via my bet fluffy wambler demanding to be rescued. After a few months of leadership I decided I could rest and recuperate safe in the knowledge that I had saved the fortress.

P.S. Pmed Akhier
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:00:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Got the save! I will be playing it a little later this afternoon cause collage say I have a class now in HTML.

Edit: I found where the water is, my question is if it is an infinite supply where the 3 wells are or is it limited?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:35:44 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

There a small aquifer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay, sounds like I might have a workable plan to use!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

blah, just spent a long run of playing it so here it is. I am the only miner now. There is currently minor water flooding of a couple upper levels but an area of magma has been turned to obsidian so there is a nice place to mine for it. Overall I just rebuilt the pump system some so that I could pump water up to the surface though what I did can be undone with some work and the basic power system can be restored if we ever get more wood.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...what did you do?! Defiler of the the temple of armok!

Though on the up side my wounds aren't red anymore, just yellow now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:15:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

Great, thing are back to normal, mind if I find a new way to stupidly destroy the fortress, geh? Just joking ^^ We just need to run until the update (hopefully before March and the reading week(? (Semaine de Lecture)).

Note down Architect, will do it when I'll be less lazy...
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

Finally, this fort is starting to look like a proper Sparkgear! 

things I like about this fortress:
-The tanner who stubbornly clings to civilian life, despite being a proficient marksdwarf with 11 notable kills.  I say 'stubbornly' because although I personally have put her into the military twice, she is now a legendary tanner with the title of "Civilian."  Her husband and all but two of her children are dead; one of the exceptions was babysnatched, the other is mayor.
-The green glass windows that have been put up to protect the doors that separate the parts of the old fortress that are flooded with magma from the areas still inhabited.   
-The population: 24 happy, well-fed dwarfs living in the ruins of a fortress that housed three times that number.  Three antediluvian rulers survive.
-The huge slab of warm magma on the surface.
-Small, winding tunnels connecting formerly separated parts of the fortress, bypassing corridors flooded with magma.

One thing I don't like is how it claims to be under siege even though there are no hostiles in the unit screen.  What's up with that?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:37:44 am by nil »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

No clue what so ever. Also the lever I built is connected to the gear assembly right next to it, I forgot to "N"ote it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:00:12 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

Hey Labreck, you should change "chose" in your signature to "choose" in both places.

Woot! It's slightly functional, everything is back to normal! Who is the next person to somehow manage to send it all to hell by omitting every single safety measure and neglecting all of the basic necessities of fortress life!? Someone? Anyone? Let's go!

Reading that, it looks way too negative. So I'll just assure you that it's all in good fun, and you (the individual reader) can choose to believe that or not, knowing that I cared enough to include this disclaimer but am unlikely to respond to anyone who fails to see the lighthearted humor.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33