Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55891 times)

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

Someone will probably try. Sad for your connection...
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile

Wow, this is still going on?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we can say so, yes, the fortress is not dead, nor SG :)

You can take a turn if you want, took the save and play as much as you want lol.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Decided to try one last time.

It worked.

Got the game running now. Will start writing some pointless stories soon.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Ok, no story. I just discovered im absolutely lame at it.

Anyway....

17th Galena, 311.

Figured out what two levers did...not pulling any others. Also low on energy, out of wood(to build windmills), so im having my lazy dwarves manually pump. Slaughtered a bunch of beetles, since they were dropping my FPS and they arent usefull at the moment anyway. Took a look at the whole fortress and found it complete spread out...and half in magma. Stopped farm production,  way too much food for now.

Also trying to get rid of that invisible monster. Would try channeling, but sadly its on a wall, which has magma right next to it. Going to pump water on it.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Slaughtered a bunch of beetles, since they were dropping my FPS and they arent usefull at the moment anyway.

Nooo!! My precious beetle minions!  >:(

Good luck, you'll need it.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better them than us I'll say :D

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

8th Sandstone, 311, Mid-Autumn - Life Saving Waters!

Took me a season, but I'm finely making progress. Got the pumps working(by taking out the gears connecting the first pump, and having that manually pumped. Saved like 60 energy. Got two windmills from whatever wood I could find, such as stray horizontal axes). I also got a pump "started" in the dining room, to clear out the passage below. Also slaughtered a couple more bettles, tried to stay in the "male" range.

"Edit" Oops, realised im not going to be able to pump water into the channel.......im thinking if I might be able to pump it "back" into the magma pipe....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:59:26 pm by Orb »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

10th Malachite, 312, Mid-Summer - Conquering the Lava

{Any ideas why theres a white border under my pictures?  :-\}

I did it.  :)

The sandy area is now clear(well going to be) of lava. Took some destruction of the fort's aesthetic value(I didnt think it mattered atm, it can be easaly fixed), but the lava is cleared out. Got "lava fighter" teams carrying buckets of water to a hole in the dining room leading to the lava below. Two dwarves died in the endeaver, one because of my foolishness with pumps, and the other mining into pressurized lava(he was a peasont anyway, someone had to do it...).

From this point it should be easy to get rid of the lower lvs of lava......atleast I hope. Since ive reached a good place to stop, any one want to take a turn? If no one feels like it, I will continue working on the lava problem.

Note: I did actually mine out the wall the "creature" was standing on. Theres still a siege, so I dont think it worked. Didnt check to see if the creature fell. Any ideas? If it cant be fixed, it would be cool to have an isolated fortress...except for the fact we will have absolutely no wood.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:09:29 am by Orb »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software

{Any ideas why theres a white border under my pictures?  :-\}

The white bit is part of the picture; the forum is displaying the picture correctly.  Whatever program and procedure you used to take a screenshot, it included a white bit at the bottom.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Impossible, you are actually surviving, give me that save so I can put an end to this ^^

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

:o Awesome picture!  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:39:53 am by Demonic Spoon »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Nice drawing of a hellhole!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas