Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55894 times)

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 02:22:14 am »

Breaking an aquifer, should be fun, I know how, but I never did it ^^ Lots of hostile civ, just hope we will be able to do something about it except shut the bridge. If you don't do it and the next on the list don't do it, I'll probably try break through the aquifer.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 03:21:32 am »

I haven't even found it yet. Here's the turn so far.

Why the seven were sent to that blasted land, none still living knows. Whether the king hoped to avoid sharing the fate of the elves by hiding outposts in remote lands, or these seven had merely drawn his ire, these reasons have been overshadowed by the remarkable events that came to pass. The story of the founding can best be told through the journals of the rulers.

11 Slate
The Trade depot had been built, and the channel for the magma foundries is nearly complete. Very soon, we will be secure beneath the earth.

26 Felsite
The Miner struck platinum while digging out the dining hall. Truly a good omen.

28 Felsite

A fire imp killed the farmer Shorast Nisheral today. One of the smiths killed it.

23 Malachite
At last, all of the food workshops are complete, and booze is flowing from the still. I’ve put in the order for the dining room furniture, and I trust that it will be fully furnished ere year’s end.  The dwarven caravan draws near, but we have a massive supply of crafts made of billion, silver, and platimun.
12 Galena
While hunting, our tanner killed a fire imp, but was badly injured in the fight.
3 Limestone
The tanner has recovered. The imp was delicious.
12 Limestone
The caravan has come. I’ve ordered the pile of crafts to be moved to the depot.
17 Sandstone
Migrants! Wonderful. Our population is now 13. I set a couple of them to smoothing the dining hall.
11 Moonstone
A vamari caravan has arrived.

14 Moonstone
Caught a jawa* in a cage
That just fills me up with rage
There’s been no bloodshed in an age
The thief has read his final page

* Also caught was a zephyr

16 Moonstone
The vamari caravan master seemed to be very proud of the goods he sold us. I hope he doesn’t realize I only bought them to melt them down.

20 Moonstone
The goblins have been driven off, at a cost of two lives. Urist Febeggut and Dastot Alenzuglar, our two miners that were forced to hold the line, were killed in action. Enemy casualties were five wrestlers killed, four wrestlers captured. This was possible due to excellent timing on the opening and closing of the bridge. Two of our dwarves were wounded in the battle, neither seriously.

22 Obsidian
With both our miners dead, I had to recruit replacements. As training, I had them dig out an arena beneath the residential quarters. That arena is now complete. As soon as the sword I ordered made is complete, I will personnaly slaughter the goblin prisoners. And the Zephyr.

I'm really plesaed with how the goblins turned out. They're much more challenging at this stage of the game, but they're not nearly as overpowering as orcs.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:11:35 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »

1 Granite
The high elves, who, unlike their disgusting cousins still exist, have come to trade. This is convenient, as a force of dynasauri has come to siege. We will sit behind the merchants and collect thir goods after the enemy kills them. Then we kill the enemy. It’s the perfect plan. There are 16 dynasauri here.
16 Granite
The only survivors from the siege were the five dynasauri and a beak dog that were caught in the traps. The others were slaughtered by the merchants, who lost one of their guards.
17 Granite
Now, we have frost giants. You know the drill.
21 Granite
On this day, Lord Shonus Scholarbridge was slain in battle.  Also killed was the weaponsmith. The High Elven caravan was destroyed, but the giant force was driven off with heavy losses.

Here's the save
http://bb.xieke.com/files/SGIX.zip

Two sieges in one season nearly wrecked us. There's only 11 Dwarves left alive, one or two of whom are wounded, and I haven't found the aquifer, so we have no water. The good news is that we have lots of steel equipment from the dead high elves to melt down, as well as plenty of food and a supply of wood.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:16 pm »

Ok, ready to go. When do turns end? What rules are in effect?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:22 pm »

The main rule it to try to really add something, and to keep the defences reasonably strong.

Turnover is the same as VIII.

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:06:42 am »

Can we pull the lever to lock off the outside world if we have two seiging civs immediately after each other (<1 day between)?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:27:46 am »

That's why I built it. If you time it carefully, you can use it to split the emeny into managable chunks.

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 05:15:14 pm »

Ergh, I'm sorry, I can't handle playing a fort where my dwarves die, it hurts me too much. I've played a season, but can't play any further. Shall I upload one season later with really only one event of importance, before any more seiges come, or forfeit?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 07:17:43 pm »

Well, if you've stabilised the situation from my save, I'd say that that's enough to upload.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 12:32:03 am »

Because it's midnight, I'll probably sleep soon, so you have up to 8 hour or so if you want to extend on my turn.

I'll see what I can do for the multiple problem that would arise :p I don't have read the summary, will do it tomorrow. Or should I say, this morning, good night, hope you'll awake for dreaming a little more :p Life is a dream and everyone awake.

(Anyone think I'm crazy can say it lol).
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:20 am »

Thanks for the extension.
----
Journal of Unib Lunatir, Bowyer, immigrant to Massivegem the Arches of Assault in the midspring of 304.

28 Malachite: After a long trek, I and 19 of my compatriots have finally arrived at this glorious new fortress from the Mountainhomes. We heard it was a most productive fortress, full of glory and trade and money! The Mountainhomes have not had much need of bowyers for a long while, given that they already have legendary bowyers uninterested in taking me on as an apprentice, so I ran away with this group to come to the Massivegem. When we got here, there was no leader; we ended up wandering our own way to the dining room, where we finally got instructions from the 9 dwarves currently living here. It was horrible, on the way down we heard two dwarves dying screams for water, but there was no water, either here or on the desert around here that we passed through. After hearing about the attacks that have occurred here, a few of us signed up for military service with some new maces; I'm still holding out for bow-making though.

1 Hematite: One of the recruits was happily jabbering in the dining room when he suddenly stopped talking and ran away. We found him in a craftsdwarves workshop, where he had two pieces of slate and some high-elf bones. Perhaps he will create something out of them: he used to be a fish dissector and came here to learn a new skill, but who knows what he shall create?

3 Hematite: He created a beautiful amulet, which he calls Maramtakuth, the Pristine Charm. It is encrusted with slate, encircled with high-elf bone, and has slate spikes for good luck. He also came out quite a bit more insane: he no longer goes by Kubuk, but by Sweet Tea Hamesyrup, claims he is a kobold, and orders us around. Given his ideas, perhaps he would make a good replacement for the former despot Lord Shiso. We'll see what orders he gives.

4 Hematite: Sweet Tea ordered a huge expansion of the farming room for general storage, in the unstable upper soil. When we can hear hobgoblins and dyansauri encampments just a few days' march from the Arches of Assault, we need a more warlike ruler than Sweet Tea, certainly not this pansy of a cowardly kobold.

--
Save at http://billydorminy.homelinux.com/SGIX.zip

Have fun!

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 04:38:32 am »

i will take the next possible day

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 04:41:49 am »

You'll have to come back the tenth if you want to sign up. I'm only accepting one week's worth of people at a time. Preference will be given to those who are yet to have a turn.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 02:20:20 pm »

I'm grabbing the save ^^

No need to thank for the expansion, when I sleep I can't play lol. So in summary, no water, heavy causality and a fortress with a legendary crafter? Sound good to me.

Here lie the record of the journey of Labreck III, a great dwarf who die when he venture to SparkGear IX, the book is crafted in tanned hide of High Elf. On the first page is draw a dragon and a cercle, black and white.

3th Hematite
Here I'm, my journey was long and perilous but I finally arrive to SparkGear, my father die in a fortress call SparkGear, as my uncle. But I'll survive. First thing, I present myself to the fortress and find my way to the great hall. A couple of dwarf was their and I show them my paper, sealed by the king himself.

The fortress is young but have already encounter our mighty enemy. No one have say it, but I know firmly that the king want to raise a gigantic army their and defeat once and for all the goblin and their alike. Farming is up, good, some stockpile too. We even got some magma and forge. I'll have to scout to find some iron and after that we will be able to produce steel.

We have some recruit, good thing, I hastily change their training for sword, we need the best for our soldier, crossbow and sword. Hammer is a fancy, mace also. The entrance is strange and I'll need to study a way to make a defencive corridor where the enemy will be strike down before they could reach the inner fortress.

10th Hematite
Someone would have to explain me that, why, in hell! each time I took control of a decent fortress, something go wrong? Anyways Hobgoblin besiege us, I have take the lead of the ranger unit and our close combat formation will have to hold, I hope the bridge work fine, if we can cut the enemy force in two, that will be an easy victory. They are 15, 6 axe user, 1 sword user, and a bunch whole of moron.

Armok, give me strength!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:29:59 pm by sir labreck »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 03:17:13 pm »

I couldn't do it because of upload trouble, but if you could post a map when you finish, that would be good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33