Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55931 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Signups for week 2 now open.]
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »

downloaded and started

-found a miserable potash maker locked the bone room.  seemed like a decent fellow, cool under pressure and not prone to anger, so I let him out.
-projects planned: organized food processing industry, main entrance fortifications, military
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:23:01 pm by nil »

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2010, 03:09:31 pm »

Gah ^^ Take your time Nil, but do it fast. When you finish, and if it have time between next player and the rest of this turn, I'll finally put my devise out, Giant would be kill as easily as other foes ^^ Probably I'll try to link it to magma for better efficiency, but that will depend the time I'll got to build 1 thousand windmill to get everything powered. Soldier will have sparring real life training, thought, for marskdwarf. Balista will deal a lot of punishment and magma will destroy anything too powerful for your taste. Possibility to add cage trap, weapon trap, or rising spike. It's not wonderful, for 33 easy payement of 666¤ dwarfbuck :) Or one masterly make steel anvil ^^

Do as you wish Nil, some mega project should be fun.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 04:16:52 pm »

SIGN ME UP PEOPLES!!! THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE SLOT SO IT IS JAN 12 YEEEEE EEEE!
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2010, 04:38:24 pm »

Labreck, you do realise that we barely have enough wood for beds, let alone the massive windmill projucet you're suggesting, don't you?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »

Good news:  Windmills generate 40 power on our map.  I just popped open the save and built one to check.  Still, I wouldn't get into anything extremely power consuming because wood is very difficult to come by.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2010, 05:39:20 pm »

There is an infinite water source now, so pump some out and make a dwarven fusion reactor. Just a perpetual motion machine that multiplies power...
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Does this Sparkgear meet your standards, Architect?
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

I've never seen an enemy use two different types of mounts, neat!  These are high elves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In other news Sweet Tea just went melancholy.  Only casualty so far.

I also didn't know you could use pet-impassible doors to block invaders.  Maybe a bit of an exploit but that would be a great spot for a spike-trap...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:13:00 pm by nil »

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2010, 06:13:06 pm »

Does this Sparkgear meet your standards, Architect?

It's a little early to tell. If it doesn't fizzle out at less than 20 pages, then perhaps.
The sigs topic:

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »

We now have a legendary glassmaker.  The table he made is nothing special, but who cares?  With any luck the future will see massive glass structures tower over the black sands of the desert floor.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

Dedicating several dwarves to helping him spam glass windows is a huge wealth booster, and you can use them just like walls (only, non-load-bearing). Perfect for megaprojects. Your glass towers will be worth bookoo money instead of crap. I did it with clear glass, due to an overabundance of freakin trees.

2 normal glass furnaces, constantly on Sand collection, with a stockpile right by the magma glass furnaces (2), which should be close to the sand. The location of the normal furnaces is inconsequential. 4-8 dwarves on furniture hauling only, with all other dwarves having that turned off. A windows-only furniture stockpile near the site of any proposed projects. Another large windows-only stockpile to keep your forges clear. You alternate turning one forge on to windows /R and then the other, allowing clutter to clear and production to continue at a high pace. Your force of furniture haulers will do all of the sand collection, window moving, and installing. The rest of your fortress can continue undisturbed, and any little random furniture hauling tasks (which are pretty uncommon after your fort is established) will be taken care of as well or better than they normally would.

None of this matters if you don't care what the tower is worth, but it's better to have glass windows than glass blocks for walls.
The sigs topic:

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »

Right now I've got raw glass, blocks, windows, pipes, corkscrews and cages all on repeat, with a second furnace repeating sand jobs.  Don't really have enough labor to scale up much more than that or use workshop preferences effectively.  Windows are a great idea, generally..  not only are they worth a lot, but they look pretty good in the newest visualizers.

The moment I drove off the high elves on their horses and unicorns the hobgoblins showed up with beak dogs and horses.  Killed them with both the magma and with the new fortification system--Labreck killed an elite, titled bowgoblin and became and elite himself.

edit: 12 dwarf migrant wave woo

edit2: possessed armorer!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:46:40 pm by nil »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2010, 08:34:06 pm »

Well, at least we already have a legendary armorer, and an armor artifact is always nice.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2010, 08:38:53 pm »

Well, at least we already have a legendary armorer, and an armor artifact is always nice.
Turned out to be steel greeves, so it definitely wasn't a total waste.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2010, 08:43:57 pm »

How's Labrek's kills?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33