Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55928 times)

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 05:30:59 pm »

Narration:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the save!  It went pretty well, all things considered.

Another link to the map, in case you skipped the narration.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:19:33 am by KenboCalrissian »
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »

Alright, I'll mod the save and play until Nuts shows up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »

Signups fpr the 11th through 17th are now open.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:57:05 pm by Lord Shonus »
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2010, 07:57:45 pm »

Signups fpr the 11th through 17th are now open.
I'll take one on the 11th

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Signups for week 2 now open.]
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2010, 08:00:01 pm »

Capital. You can help me with my statue.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »

I think I'll sit this week out, but I'm still interested for the week after and I'm going to keep reading to stay up to date.
Do it.
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »

Journal of Zon Uveliden, Metal King
8 Moonstone
Once again I find myself interim ruler, this time because my predecessor went slightly mad. Or maybe a bit more than slightly. At least this time we have some good news. By some miracle, the stones below the dining room have spouted water. Clearly, this is a miracle of such portent that a monument must be raised to it!
9 Moonstone
In addition to resuming work on the statue Lord Shonus wanted, I’ve ordered a drainage system for the magma trap to be made.
10 Moonstone
A violet xelic ambush is here. I’ll let the magma trap deal with them, if they’re stupid enough to come in.
12 Moonstone
The miners found aluminum in the drainage channels. That’s nice.
13 Moonstone
Now, we have two ambushes. That’s as many as two ones. And that’s terrible.
17 Moonstone
A vamari caraven is here. The ambushers will steal their goods for us.

I’ve negotiated with the vamari liaison. He didn’t seem to be bothered by the fact that the caravan had been wrecked. I’ve completed a system to empty the magma trap into a reservoir. The trap can be refilled either from the reservoir, or directly from the pipe. I’m now planning a way to speed the drainage.
13 obsidian
   While digging an imporived system for inserting prisoners into the Arena of Death®, the miners found garnerite and casserite.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2010, 12:57:32 am »

26 Obsidian
One miner has been badly wounded in a necessary cave-in. Fortunately, we will easily be able to treat him now.

11 Granite
War. A massive giant siege has come to massivegem. I count 48, including two of their leaders. I hope the magma trap can stop them.

13 Granite
Our jewler has been taken by a mood! He has created a frost crystal animal trap.
28 Granite
Sadly, the weight of the giants is too great for the magma trap to drop them. We have, however, managed to divide the enemy into two groups, and captured two giants and several horses.

3 Slate
Victory is sweet. The magma trap was well enough designed that the entire remaining force has been trapped in a small section of tunnel, even though the trap could not directly affect them. Soon, they will all be caged or slain.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:50 am »

You'll have play longer than anyone else, and by far lol ^^

Next time that we got a gap between two player, I want to put my defencive system all together. Or Deal with any kind of trouble the previous ruler put us in ^^
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2010, 01:46:20 am »

Certainly. I needed to take this gap in order to tweak the map, and when nuts didn't show, I decided to simply continue.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2010, 03:35:58 am »

26 Obsidian
One miner has been badly wounded in a necessary cave-in. Fortunately, we will easily be able to treat him now.

11 Granite
War. A massive giant siege has come to massivegem. I count 48, including two of their leaders. I hope the magma trap can stop them.

13 Granite
Our jewler has been taken by a mood! He has created a frost crystal animal trap.
28 Granite
Sadly, the weight of the giants is too great for the magma trap to drop them. We have, however, managed to divide the enemy into two groups, and captured two giants and several horses.

3 Slate
Victory is sweet. The magma trap was well enough designed that the entire remaining force has been trapped in a small section of tunnel, even though the trap could not directly affect them. Soon, they will all be caged or slain.

9 Hematite
A silver xelic caravan has arrived.

13 Hematite
A xelic ambush has trapped one of our soldir trainees far from aid, and was slain before any chance at help could arrive. Every one of the ambushers was captured.
15 Hematite
Something we offered upset the xelics, so we robbed them.

17 Hematite
Another ambush has caught and killed one of our engravers and our original mason, along with our hammerdwark trainee
23 Hematite
The father of the fallen trainee has taken up the hammer in memory of his daughter.

The Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7781-sparkgearix
The Save: http://bb.xieke.com/files/2/SGIX.zip
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:49:05 am by Lord Shonus »

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2010, 04:15:20 am »

I approve of the magma reservoir addition to the magma trap  ;D

I would suggest placing a fortification between your reservoir-to-trap pump and the bridges, like I did with the pipe-to-trap pump.  The purpose of that fortification is to prevent non-burnt enemies from getting too close to the pump operator and scaring the dwarf away.  It's nice that the back of the pump acts as an effective wall between the operator and the enemy, but the distance is just as important.  As long as you can keep the enemy from getting within 5 squares of the pump operation tile, it should work great.
Do it.

LordNuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2010, 04:23:12 am »

Grabbin' the save.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2010, 04:39:12 am »

I approve of the magma reservoir addition to the magma trap  ;D

I would suggest placing a fortification between your reservoir-to-trap pump and the bridges, like I did with the pipe-to-trap pump.  The purpose of that fortification is to prevent non-burnt enemies from getting too close to the pump operator and scaring the dwarf away.  It's nice that the back of the pump acts as an effective wall between the operator and the enemy, but the distance is just as important.  As long as you can keep the enemy from getting within 5 squares of the pump operation tile, it should work great.

That's a good idea. I actually intended that the reservoir not be used, for now, to refill the trap. It was mainly for the purpose of draining it, and keeping a stockpile in case some of the more insane magma-based weapons that SG is so well known for drained the pipe.

EDIT: Please do not use the many prisoners for anything but arena training. It's better than sparring because it desensitises the dwarf.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:47:26 am by Lord Shonus »

LordNuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:02 pm »

Due to real life springing forth from an ambush most of my time got scared away. The time remaining was spent trying to do something useful/fun yet failing in a horrible way, all dwarves got massacred. So I'm forfeiting my turn.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33