Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: The Bay12 Time Capsule  (Read 18391 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Time Capsule
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2011, 09:31:44 pm »

Meh, see, if they do it because I'm a woman I'll bite their face off (they'll probably have done some other annoying things to go with that).  But if it's just because it's me, then why not?  The head-patting is probably mutual, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

It evokes a pleasant sensation, much like scratching behind the ears. I'd equate it with treating somebody like an animal to the extent that I would consider giving someone food treating them like an animal - yes, technically, but it's for a purpose that humans happen to have in common with other animals so I don't see where the insult lies. I mean, obviously if the person in question doesn't approve then stopping and apologizing is the way to go, but that's because you've done something they don't like rather than because of a larger issue, I think.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2011, 03:38:50 am »

Oh, I've got a friend who hates being patted on the head, but is fine with being stroked or scratched on the head. I think it's just the condescending connotati-

We seem waaay off topic here.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2011, 12:48:45 pm »

2011 resolutions:
-Kick my heart condition in the teeth
-Increase my bench by 60 pounds so that I am officially strongest in my grade
-Increase the level of danger I export daily
-Apply myself
-Become even more suave and gentledudely.

New Years is close enough for necro time, amirite?

My suave-itude is about the same, but I've managed my gentleman education well. I... sort of applied myself? I moved up from six regular level classes + a study hall to two regulars, one AP, and four honors level classes with no study hall; although my grades are of the B+ to A flat range. My bench suffered by about twenty pounds at the same time one of my friends upped his by fifty for a competition, making me fourth strongest. My daily danger is way down. The worst thing I got in 2011 was a pretty bad scrape on my hand when I tripped; no bar-fights or car chases or anything.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2011, 04:24:34 pm »

Neither the beard nor the mustache from my 2010 self's dreams have actually happened. I managed to miss this thread a year ago.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2011, 04:27:13 pm »

I'd like to say at this point in time, as opposed to my last post here. I've done all my goals besides the last. Which I'm making great progress on.

Yay for me!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2011, 04:42:23 pm »

I have a new resolution.  Catch up on One Piece and follow along in its glory.
I've been caught up for a few months now!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2011, 08:16:03 am »

Resolution until the end of the year:

1. Try to actually build something on Minecraft
2. Pass my classes.
3. Get a girlfriend.
4. Hell, why not, stop being such a douchebag.

Build something? BUILD SOMETHING? I fucking created a masterpiece. Last night? I was creating a court case. The month before that, I destroyed lives. I seriously mean, I destroyed people. I turned them from a functioning human being, into a computer game playing "ball of rage." All through Minecraft. Fun.

Passed.

We haven't used the words "date" or "girlfriend/boyfriend" but I basically took a girl out too see a movie and later played laser tag in a sort of double-date scenario.

Oh god, I have for a while. No longer am I a douchebag offline, but online? People pushed me way too far back in June of 2010. My subconscious image of internet-folk is ruined and I shall most likely forever be a douchebag online.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2011, 08:28:28 am »

Resolution until the end of the year:

1. Try to actually build something on Minecraft
2. Pass my classes.
3. Get a girlfriend.
4. Hell, why not, stop being such a douchebag.

Build something? BUILD SOMETHING? I fucking created a masterpiece. Last night? I was creating a court case. The month before that, I destroyed lives. I seriously mean, I destroyed people. I turned them from a functioning human being, into a computer game playing "ball of rage." All through Minecraft. Fun.

Passed.

We haven't used the words "date" or "girlfriend/boyfriend" but I basically took a girl out too see a movie and later played laser tag in a sort of double-date scenario.

Oh god, I have for a while. No longer am I a douchebag offline, but online? People pushed me way too far back in June of 2010. My subconscious image of internet-folk is ruined and I shall most likely forever be a douchebag online.

...Dear Armok.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:55 am »

Posting to hope that I'll be just as awesome and successful the next time round as I am now  8)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2012, 05:38:35 am »

Hell, I'm ready for round two... Let's see...

2012:
Do something stupid before the world supposedly ends.
DON'T get a long-term girlfriend.
Straight 7's in my courses.
Get fit again. Hopefully by getting back into parkour.
Still: Eat a brick of chocolate.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »

There is the 2013 Time Capsule thread somewhere on this forum, IIRC.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »

Aye, this capsule has long been opened, people just keep putting more stuff in.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]