Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I yearn for a combat log. Where?  (Read 746 times)

Borris Bear

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
I yearn for a combat log. Where?
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:36:57 am »

Greetings fellow dwarves, I am in a conumdrum. I notice dwarf fortress does not let you examine corpses, and there isn't a combat log to reflect the epic combat depth that can go on.

I've been looking for a combat log the last few weeks and coming up blank. I looked up Dwarf Companion but it has an index location error when I try to activate its combat log, which seems to be the only bug in an otherwise very well done program. The Bare-bones dwarf companion that just has the combat log doesnt seem to work at all for me.

I use Dwarf Fort d16 with Relentless Assault mod and a couple animals in all biomes as my mods. I have a windows xp computer.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I really really want to see what happened to the all-bones broken peasant, or what REALLY happens when I drop goblins into my shark tank.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: I yearn for a combat log. Where?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:55:22 am »

As far as I know, there are no good solutions for the current version.  However, the upcoming version has full combat reports in Fortress Mode.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:57:04 am »

The easiest way to do it currently is to examine the subjects, advance forward a step, and repeat.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:06 am »

You can use dwarf companion to activate combat logs for fortress mode. Its buggy, and difficult to use, bt its all we have for the current version.
Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0