Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF talk 6 and beyond  (Read 729 times)

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF talk 6 and beyond
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:58:14 pm »

Out of curiosity guys could you maybe post the dates you're going to release the df talks (if you know them)? Personally I love the things so I'm waiting for them as anxiously as I am for the next release.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: DF talk 6 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 02:10:00 pm »

They're not going to announce release dates:

When are you guys doing the recording?
We try to not advertise when we record and edit because it causes undue frustration to the community at large.  Also we like to give Mallocks some extra time if he needs it to transcribe for our reading “listeners.”
Can you give us an estimated time to release, then?
Between now and February.  Seriously, that would cause the exact problem that Rainseeker just mentioned -- causing the community to get frustrated and complain that it's not out on time.  Just chill out and let them do their thing.  If you're a-hungered for development details (and who isn't), the dev log has been bountiful of late.
That's the thing. As so far it's been a monthly project, it's nearing the point where it isn't out on time. Which is why I was asking for a broad "oh, a week or two" type answer. I can see where they're coming from, though
I don't see how a free recording done in Rainseeker, Toady and I's free time can be  'nearing the point where it isn't out on time.'  I don't see how something that we very specifically avoided setting any dates for can be 'late'.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:11:46 pm by Footkerchief »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 02:19:54 pm »

Though Given Toady's sudden illness (4 days!?! yikes) I don't think Talk 6 is going to be out for a while.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 02:25:20 pm »

Though Given Toady's sudden illness (4 days!?! yikes) I don't think Talk 6 is going to be out for a while.

Yeah, and with the upcoming DF release so (seemingly) close, I wouldn't be surprised if he delayed recording to finish up.  We'll see though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:45:09 pm »

Yeah, and with the upcoming DF release so (seemingly) close, I wouldn't be surprised if he delayed recording to finish up.  We'll see though.

The main reason I have doubts about this is that I have no idea how much time Toady himself actually spends on this and it doesn't seem like he really spending all that much time on this. 5 hours max.

Though it could just be deceptive and it takes a lot longer then that.