Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71616 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 7, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #345 on: January 28, 2010, 07:02:25 pm »

I thought the wolf didn't give birth yet! I didn't make a craft action about the wolves.

Umm, yes you did?

Have the wolf give birth, then regularly feed it crab meat so It could produce milk for it's young. well it looks like there are no more crab meat. Then feed it the crab legs anyway, people eat crab legs anyway.
attempt: 53+1
quality: 62
base influence: 28+62=90
Making a bed for your wolf with your powers, you prod just enough beneath the visible. It dosen't seem to take much, but eventually you induce labor. Then after an hour or so, you end up with a small pack of 4 white wolf cubs.
+53 animal breeding exp (~Levelup!~)
+90 crafting influece
+pack of 4 newborn hudson wolves !Base Influence: 90!
Note: after a little thought, you /can/ increase the health of your animals, but to do so you must have a food or somesuch item and the animal to craft a healthier animal. And there is still the risk that the animal will die if you crit fail. so say next turn you want to feed your new pups crab legs, you must first make animal feed, then the turn after that you do a craft action, combining a wolf and one unit of crab feed. You will eventually get a healthier wolf, with a base influence value. I just realized today that breeding is Ethreal Crafting, ie: making something from nothing. The parent subjects will be sacrificed in future breeding projects.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

Damn, I have short memory.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »

Damn, I have short memory.

you're forgiven, just post an action, before we end up waiting on you. :)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »

Make the Wakizashi-To out of steel I beam.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:43:17 am by Phantom »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39:12 am »

I make a foot and a half long chain out of 1 chromium bar.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2010, 11:45:56 am »

Remove the lobster's soul and mind, and transfer it into the ball. The end product should be a ball with a mind that can bounce and roll around by itself (possibly run over some rats, etc.).

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Gather.
attempt: 98+20+7=125
quality: 51, 28
quantity: 51-51=1, 53-28=25
Seeing a calm open area before you, you decide it's time for a little basic resource gathering. You start by heading down to the pine forest below, with an axe-shaped power, you begin to cut down some of the trees, and cleaning them off, ending up with about 20 good sized pine logs. Taking these back, you stop along the way, finding a small staircase down. Inside a stone room you find it is filled with wooden barrels. Checking inside you find one that is filled with two bags, both containing seeds. You decide to grab this and head back.
+125 gather exp(~Levelup!~)
+ 20 pine logs
+ pine barrel(contains 2 pig tail bags filled with strawberry seeds[about 12 seeds each, 24 total])

I request equipment for the following task.
I craft by making a 'living' metalcloth mask with a woven starcloth backing bound with RAMium metal. It will shape itself as its wearer wishes.
I Claim 2 units of off-green plasma and 1 unit of RAMium metal.
deciding to try your hand at a little Milinery, you ask the ship for some equipment. It produces a plastic head for you to hold your items on while you work them. +1 equipment [Milinery] -250 influence
attempt: 14+20+1=35
However even with your new gear, something about making the metal move the way you wish it in mask form is giving you trouble. You ponder a bit, then decide to wait until you understand things a bit more.
+35 milinery exp
note: since your craft action failed, your inventory is still full, therefore extra claims are ignored.

Well, I have inventory space now, I'll go Gathering and maybe with my experience in gathering I'll be able to find something decent.
attempt: 13+5=18
Experience helps, but as Matis shows, talent can go a long way. However this time you are faced with an overabundence of choices. There's alot of resources right before you, but you can't seem to decide what to go after. This question bugs you for hours, and before you know it, the time has run out, and you return to the ship empty handed and frustrated with yourself.
+18 gather exp

Make the Wakizashi-To out of steel I beam.
attempt: 73
quality: 9
base influence: 62+9=71
Finally getting over your crafting slump, you take up a bar of steel and begin pounding away with your powers. You fold the metal several times, giving it a sharp edge, and warp a metal hilt to one end, as you curve the short blade just so. The final product isn't as impressive as a native antique one, but the sword is functional and should bring a good price in trade.
+73 weaponforging exp(~Levelup!~)
+71 crafting influence
+ Steel Wakizashi-to !base influence: 71!

I make a foot and a half long chain out of 1 chromium bar.
attempt: 38+20=58
quality: 23
base influence: 57+23=80
Taking a bar of the chromium metal from storage, you melt it down and form it into very tiny rods. Using your power as a rung maker, you bend the rods into links on a chain and connect them around each other. Eventually you have a decent sized chain from the progress.
+58 metalcrafting exp
+80 crafting influence
+ Chromium Link chain !base influence: 80!

Remove the lobster's soul and mind, and transfer it into the ball. The end product should be a ball with a mind that can bounce and roll around by itself (possibly run over some rats, etc.).
attempt: 69+20=89
quality: 57
base influence:8+57+39(sphere)=104
A path down the dark arts proves no trouble to you. Drawing a seven pointed pentagram on the floor of your work area with your powers, you sit cross legged in the middle. A long latin chant repeats itself numberous times as you move the sphere and the lobster around before you. As the chant climaxes, you smash the lobster into bits against the sphere. A short shockwave of blue magic emits from the collision and the whole of the lobster is absorbed into the sphere. In the end, you can tell that there is a life force within the sphere itself as it moves about on it's own if not watched.
+89 soul trapping exp
+104 crafting influence
+ Lobster Soul Sphere(alive) !base influence: 104!
- Large dense sphere of steel, chrome and copper, adorned with off-green plasma !base influence:79!
- violet lobster(2-3 pieces of violet chitin, 10oz ichor, 2oz lobster offal, 40oz crab meat, massive violet lobsterclaw, 2 deep red lobster eyes, 8 violet lobster legs, 1 violet lobster tail)

One more turn down, a few more actions done. I personally liked the last soul trap spell. ;) remember to check for any mistakes, and let me know if you find any.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »

Yee!

Question: Do things age on their own? Like bread gets moldy after a few days or an animal gets older and/or dies?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »

Make a gladius out of the steel bar

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Nice, DF world.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2010, 07:58:03 pm »

Yee!

Question: Do things age on their own? Like bread gets moldy after a few days or an animal gets older and/or dies?

Time never stops unless you use your powers to put something in stasis or somesuch. However, since you are only around for a few days, (3 days per world, 10 worlds 30 days per cycle max). Most items won't show any type of wear. Things in hibernation with a creator don't age, and if something starts to spoil, I'll deal with that in later cycles. Most items won't last that long though either by being used, or consumed by the ship at the end of a cycle for fuel.

ps: don't forget to post an action when you post, should be the first thing you do, so you know you have it set up to go.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2010, 08:08:48 pm »

(Will everything left be consumed by the ship? Or will only the noncrafts be consumed?)

Grab the Glass Goblet and Van de Graaff Generator from group storage as well as the Crab Shell Shield from my inventory and go in search of beings to Trade with.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2010, 08:16:32 pm »

Craft a Tanto-Kama... (Look up Tanto anr/or Kama) Out of steel I beam.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »

I Craft by combining a unit of green plasma and a shiny chromium sphere(10cm r) into a magical heart to power a machine.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:55:01 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2010, 09:14:44 pm »

A magical heart to power a machine... with the...
POWER OF HEART!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45