Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71614 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 8, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:47 am »

Remember inventory.
Abandon entire inventory.
Request Fiery Aura [Plasmaforging].
Claim 1 units of green plasma and 9 units of pure copper ore.
Craft Green-Copper plasma.
Abandon Entire inventory.
Claim inventory from start of turn, and 1green Plasma.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:37:39 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:24 am »

Craft my pure copper ore into a shield

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2010, 02:36:53 am »

It occurs to me that you could split crafting into resource crafting, component crafting, and product crafting.

Resource crafting would have no influence attached to the finished product but could have its quality result added to its quantity roll.

Component crafting would be much like what we do now.

And Product crafting could have an increased quality result but could only use materials with influence attached to them and would only ever produce a single item.

Also, if you change the influence gain from crafting, consider giving people influence if crafters craft with items that they provided.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2010, 03:06:14 am »

Can I join as a crafter?

And can someone drop me a pm when I can actually play?

Sure, I'll add you to the waiting list.

When the cycles end, I will be Pming everyone who is signed up, and go down the wait list until I get 6 active players. These PM's will probably go out around world 10, day 1, or so. People will be asked to post in the thread saying they are ready, and either confirm or change their character type choice.

It occurs to me that you could split crafting into resource crafting, component crafting, and product crafting.

Resource crafting would have no influence attached to the finished product but could have its quality result added to its quantity roll.

Component crafting would be much like what we do now.

And Product crafting could have an increased quality result but could only use materials with influence attached to them and would only ever produce a single item.

Also, if you change the influence gain from crafting, consider giving people influence if crafters craft with items that they provided.

Again this gets into the realm of the very complicated. I could put a source tag to remember on every last item. Then give influence to those that sourced it when it is finally traded. But if someone gathers some source materials, and a trader trades for some other source materials, then several crafters take pieces and make components, that are put together, and then a trader trades the thing away. The tags for who gets what influence are going to be crazy long.

I want to keep the game as simple as possible without becoming simplistic... if that makes any sense. Part of this is my own lazyness, the other part is if we start to have too many rules, it stops being fun.

Still not sure what I'm going to do with the balance of influence just yet, but I will keep pondering it, got my nerf bat ready, just need to decide what needs the nerf and what needs a boost without ruining everything.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #334 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:25 am »

Gather.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45:27 pm »

Using 2 steel bars, one chromium bar, one copper bar and the two lumps of green plasma create a solid steel-chrome ball approx basketball-size decorated with bands of the copper.  There should be two moderately-deep indentations, containing the green plasma, making them glow (additionally, the containing "forcefield" for lack of a better word, should keep the overall round shape of the rest and keep the indents from affecting the rolling performance). The bands should be in magical-looking shapes and have a ring around the indents, and the whole thing should look old, like an ancient artifact. Keep the copper and steel unoxidized, though. Grab the most energetic of the crabs/lobsters.

Also, Haika, if you're going to change the rules, I'd suggest doing it on a fresh cycle, with new victims participants.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:48:08 pm by lordnincompoop »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:30 pm »

Craft a small skeleton out of copper ore and use the glass encased feline skull with glowing eyes as the head.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2010, 04:18:08 pm »

Also, Haika, if you're going to change the rules, I'd suggest doing it on a fresh cycle, with new victims participants.

yep this has always been the plan, changing a major rule during a game cycle would be rather disrespectful to those currently playing. When this cycle is over I'm going to write out the rules using what people have pmmed me and any changes before the next cycle starts.

rolls incomming btw

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »

I've just noticed that you've changed you're Avatar!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:59 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Then make a Katana-To!
attempt: 6
Taking a bar of steel from the group stockpile you begin work on a new weapon. Heating the area around the steel until it is glowing hot, you begin to flatten and fold the blade-to-be. However, halfway through the process one of your wolf pups gets curious. Sticking it's head in under your arm right as you swing a hammer shaped from power at the sword. You reactly as quickly as possible to avoid smashing the wolf's head into the blade, and instead your hammer clips the blade and sends it flying. It smashes against the bulkhead of the ship, and several splinters shoot off, causing small fires. One of the other wolf cubs in particular was sleeping nearby, and it's yelps of pain echo through the ship as it catches fire. The ship reacts by throwing a force field up around both the wolf cub and the shards of metal, a small opening emerges in the wall of the work area sucking everything inside the force field away. A small beep informs you that you have been charged 60 influence for the service, and both your blade in progess and one of your wolf cubs is gone beyond recovery.
+6 weaponforging exp
-60 influence
- newborn hudson wolf !Base Influence: 90!

Remember inventory.
Abandon entire inventory.
Request Fiery Aura [Plasmaforging].
Claim 1 units of green plasma and 9 units of pure copper ore.
Craft Green-Copper plasma.
Abandon Entire inventory.
Claim inventory from start of turn, and 1green Plasma.
Asking the ship for another piece of equipment related to fusing metal with plasma, you obtain a shiny new injection that contains a massive amount of information on how plasma reacts with metalic substances. +1 equipment [plasmaforging] -250 influence
attempt: 70+20=90
quality: 12
base influence: 3+12+64(plasma)=79
Applying your newfound information however is another matter entirely. Using the same general principle as the last time, you use some of your new plasma to try and create more plasma out of the copper ore. You do manage to spread things out and make a new group of plasma, but most of the material is consumed in the process. Even as skilled as you are, something about the green plasma dosen't like fusing with the copper at this point.
+180 plasmaforging exp(~levelup!~)
+158 crafting influence
- unit of green plasma !base influence: 128!
+ 5 units of off-green plasma !base influence: 79!

Craft my pure copper ore into a shield
attempt: 1 ;o
Taking two pieces of pure copper, you begin to compress the material together to form a strong shield. Copper by itself usually isn't a very good material for armor, but you figure if you can compress it enough, the atoms will allign and things will go well. They don't.

The alarms start blaring almost immediately, and the force field just barely manages to contain the massive explosion. Everyone else working in the area at the time are thrown off their feet, as a shockwave manages to escape before the ship could stop it.

Apparently fusing two atoms together is a BAD thing, the ship just barely manages to save you, but some of your inventory is vaporized in the contained atomic blast. Two of the three eggs are gone, and all the copper you were holding got blasted into dust.  The staff is now perminantly embedded into the floor of your work area, and will take a new crafting action to remove it, but it will not be without damage. The bird managed to actually survive, being a quick thinking animal it hid behind the shield that amazingly managed to deflect the blast.

After the energy is finally contained, and the force field is released, a loud beep sound echos around Fireheart's work area, and a female voice sternly says, "Damage to ship on atomic level will not be tolerated, you will be charged seven hundred and fifty influence for repairs."

+1 shieldcraft exp
-750 influence
- blotched purple, white egg, about the size of a grape.
- blotched purple, white egg, about the size of a grape.
- artefact quality sparkling whale bone staff, decorated skillfully with neon-red crab chitin and crab legs. !base influence:189!
- unit of pure copper ore

Gather.
attempt: 23+20+6=49
You leave the ship and manage to actually find a room with some items in it. It looks like some sort of crew quarters, with a few potted plants, a bed to one side, and some glass chairs around a similar table. However, the current resident of the room appears wearing a blue jumpsuit and blinks a few times upon seeing you, before tapping a piece of jewelry on his chest and yelling at you to stay put. Thinking it a better idea to leave, you take off, and easily loose the crewman in the twisting corridors before making it back to the ship, empty handed, but safe.
+49 gather exp(~levelup!~)

Using 2 steel bars, one chromium bar, one copper bar and the two lumps of green plasma create a solid steel-chrome ball approx basketball-size decorated with bands of the copper.  There should be two moderately-deep indentations, containing the green plasma, making them glow (additionally, the containing "forcefield" for lack of a better word, should keep the overall round shape of the rest and keep the indents from affecting the rolling performance). The bands should be in magical-looking shapes and have a ring around the indents, and the whole thing should look old, like an ancient artifact. Keep the copper and steel unoxidized, though. Grab the most energetic of the crabs/lobsters.
attempt: 39+20+2+1=62
quality: 23
base influence: 17+23+39(plasma)=79
Calling upon your metalcrafting skills, you combine the three metals into a hugely dense metal sphere. Adorning the object with some plasma in two indentations you give the globe a glowing effect, along with a strong heat source. You attempt to make it old looking, but somehow the overall effect dosen't quite come through. It's still fairly impressive though. Afterwards you round up the lobster from storage for later mad scientist experiments.
+62 metalcrafting exp
+79 crafting influence
+ Large dense sphere of steel, chrome and copper, adorned with off-green plasma !base influence:79!

Craft a small skeleton out of copper ore and use the glass encased feline skull with glowing eyes as the head.
attempt: 34+20=54
quality: 55
base influence: 46+55+36(skull)=137
Working over some of the copper ore, you first smelt it down to bars, and then start sculpting a skeleton. Attaching the glass encased skull to the end, you manage link together all of your copper bones in a vaguely feline shape.
+54 metalsculpting exp
+137 crafting influence
-glass encased feline skull with glowing eyes. !base influence: 73!
+glowing eyed, glass skulled, copper feline skeleton !base influence: 137!

recovering from the atomic blast created by Fireheart, the ship eventually brings it's engines up to power leaving the current world behind it. The slight rumble is almost routine to you now, as the ship shifts to the next world within a few moments.

World Difficulty:

Whew, some massively bad rolls in this one. Next world should be fun though, :)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2010, 05:30:37 pm »

I've just noticed that you've changed you're Avatar!

Yep, got tired of people calling my RTD characters a she, heh and the only one that I actually did create a female for, kinda died due to disappointment.

I never seem to stick with an avatar for too long anyway, I like to change things up.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »

Gather.

Man that sucks. Just that single point and I would have succeeded in finding something.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »

I thought the wolf didn't give birth yet! I didn't make a craft action about the wolves.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:58 pm »

Maybe you could give everything influence and grant influence to people as their products are used.

I request equipment for the following task.
I craft by making a 'living' metalcloth mask with a woven starcloth backing bound with RAMium metal. It will shape itself as its wearer wishes.
I Claim 2 units of off-green plasma and 1 unit of RAMium metal.
Read the First Post!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2010, 06:40:47 pm »

:o :o :o

That...Could definetly have gone better. My own fault for not putting what I wanted to do in the right words though.

Well, I have inventory space now, I'll go Gathering and maybe with my experience in gathering I'll be able to find something decent.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45