Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71610 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 7, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2010, 12:12:20 am »

What? Nobody wants to cut down trees?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:07 am »

I abandon the *Crab Meat Roast*.

I request an eternal flame to smelt with.

I claim 2 units of cromium, 1 unit of gold coins, and a 4 units worth piece of the massive sheered steel I-beam.

I Craft by combining the newly claimed items into an incorruptible(can be shaped into objects, but not combined with other substances or otherwise be changed into something else) metal.

I abandon the new metal.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:51 am »

Crabs don't want their food, huh?

Melt down a chromium bar, smash the baby crabs together, and poor the liquid metal onto them. Call it art

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2010, 05:04:51 am »

Cruel man, very cruel.

Craft. With the forest I create a habitat, or a zoo, suited for the fox pups and the beaver, making sure that I also use the orange-sun plasma to emulate a day/night cycle. This will be put in my inventory.

Hey look, wanna see my zoo? It's in my pocket. :P

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »

Just waiting on Nincompoop, then we can get the last day of this world started.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »

I insert a particualrly expensive-looking gold coin into the back of the crab (in the shell, heads-side facing me) to create a seamless connection between coin and shell (like those two-tone coins/nibs/etc).

Sorry for holding people up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2010, 03:06:35 pm »

I feel so sorry for these crabs!

Also, this is epic, keep it going all of you. I will hunt you all down and kill you if you let this die.  ;)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:40 am »

never shall I let this die. ;)

Delayed a bit, but never dead.

Rolls here in a bit.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2010, 04:03:24 am »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:
hibernation:

Have the wolf give birth, then regularly feed it crab meat so It could produce milk for it's young. well it looks like there are no more crab meat. Then feed it the crab legs anyway, people eat crab legs anyway.
attempt: 53+1
quality: 62
base influence: 28+62=90
Making a bed for your wolf with your powers, you prod just enough beneath the visible. It dosen't seem to take much, but eventually you induce labor. Then after an hour or so, you end up with a small pack of 4 white wolf cubs.
+53 animal breeding exp (~Levelup!~)
+90 crafting influece
+pack of 4 newborn hudson wolves !Base Influence: 90!
Note: after a little thought, you /can/ increase the health of your animals, but to do so you must have a food or somesuch item and the animal to craft a healthier animal. And there is still the risk that the animal will die if you crit fail. so say next turn you want to feed your new pups crab legs, you must first make animal feed, then the turn after that you do a craft action, combining a wolf and one unit of crab feed. You will eventually get a healthier wolf, with a base influence value. I just realized today that breeding is Ethreal Crafting, ie: making something from nothing. The parent subjects will be sacrificed in future breeding projects.

I think I'm going to join the party and Gather some wildlife on the way (hopefully!) back to the ship.
attempt: 42+4=46
You manage to pull yourself from the chilling lake water, and look around. Dripping wet, you stride through the forest, you don't come across any viable wildlife. You do however find the portal that you were looking for last night and return safely to the ship.
+46 gather exp (~Levelup!~)

I abandon the *Crab Meat Roast*.

I request an eternal flame to smelt with.

I claim 2 units of cromium, 1 unit of gold coins, and a 4 units worth piece of the massive sheered steel I-beam.

I Craft by combining the newly claimed items into an incorruptible(can be shaped into objects, but not combined with other substances or otherwise be changed into something else) metal.

I abandon the new metal.
You put the crab meat roast into group storage, and request some gear for smelting from the ship. It zaps you with a lash of electricity and then says in a female voice. "Please be sure you have the full 250 influence for equipment purchases when you wish to buy upgrades."[Note: specify exactly when you purchase equipment, as you could afford it after the rolls, but in your post it comes before you make the metal]
attempt: 83+20=103
quality: 50
base influence: 63+50=113
Taking two units of the chromium, a large handful of gold coins, and cutting 4 more units off the shrinking I-beem, you prepare to smelt everything together into your super metal. You toil well into the later hours of this day, working carefully to allign every last atom of your metals into a strong and unchangeable substance. In the end you fuse the materials together and get it as close as you possibly can before stacking the bars into group storage.
+206 metalurgy exp(~Levelup!~)
+226 crafting influence
+8 bars of RAMium metal. !Base Influence: 113!
Note: The metal is quite unchangeable by mortal means. But due to the nature of the game, if you put it into group storage and another player decides to use it for something, and the rolls favor them, then they will be able to change it as they wish.

Melt down a chromium bar, smash the baby crabs together, and poor the liquid metal onto them. Call it art
attempt: 72+20=92
quality: 71
base influence: 75+71+7(crabs)=153
Taking a bar of the chromium from the group inventory, you melt it down into molten metal with a wicked grin on your face. Turning to your baby crabs, you let a fel mood take over as you smash the young creatures into pieces. Some parts are still twitching when you pour the molten metal onto the crushed and ichor splattered chitin pieces. You cool it instantly with a little divine powered breath, and the resulting sculpture you proclaim as a work of modern art.
+184 Macabre Artistry exp(~Levelup!~)
+306 crafting influence
- 3 neon-red crab spawn(alive)(1 piece of tiny neon-red chitin, 2oz ichor, 1oz crab offal, 3oz crab meat, 2 miniscule neon-red crab claws, 2 tiny neon crab eyes, 8 miniture neon-red crab legs)  !base influence: 14!
+ chromium crab corpse collage !base influence: 153!

Craft. With the forest I create a habitat, or a zoo, suited for the fox pups and the beaver, making sure that I also use the orange-sun plasma to emulate a day/night cycle. This will be put in my inventory.
attempt: 67-10=57
quality: 83
base influnce: 100+83=183
Taking your bit of sun, lumps of earthen ground and animals in your working area. You sit crosslegged with the items sitting before you. You slow your breathing and focus. Putting your arms outstretched from either side, you slowly move them into a clap before you. You do this over and over, getting slower each time, as if you were meeting resistance. As you do this, the items before you seem to shrink, the animals become tiny versions of themselves and are placed within the lumps of dirt, that is molded to have stone mountains, fern trees, and weed grasslands. The smallish bit of sun is put into an ecliptical orbit around this floating mini zoo, to provide a regular day/night cycle.
+57 micro ecology exp
+187 crafting influence
- unit of orange-sun plasma
- lumps of forest floor(about 20 units of dark peat soil, 5 units of mixed sand, 5 smoothed lake superior pebbles, 3 units of dead plantlife and leaves, and 2 living weed(thistle), 1 living fern(small and rather unhealthy looking)
- plump beaver(alive)
- 6 fox pups(alive)
+ miniture biome capsule(boreal forest, orange-sun, beaver, fox) !base influence: 183!

I insert a particualrly expensive-looking gold coin into the back of the crab (in the shell, heads-side facing me) to create a seamless connection between coin and shell (like those two-tone coins/nibs/etc).
attempt: 97+20+1=118
quality: 52
base influence: 16+52+89(crab)=157
Carefully choosing a gold coin from the pile in group storage, you attempt to fuse the metalic object to the back of your metalic crab beast. The gold is easily malleable, but the trick is once again to preform the fusion without harming the crab. You've had good luck so far, and this adaptation is no different. Within a few minutes your steel electro crab, becomes a golden-crested, steel electro-crab. However, somehow the gold detracts from the impressive robotic aura the crab had before.
+236 bio enhancement exp(~Levelup!~)
+314 crafting influence
- battery operated STEEL electro-crab(alive) !base influence: 178!
+ GOLDen-crested, steel electro-crab(alive) !base influence: 157!

As the sunlight fades over this third day here near the lake, the ship rumbles and the vortex of swirling color overtakes the picturesque view of the tradepost sign and you are away to the next world.

World Difficulty:

Alrighty, sorry about the delay, didn't feel like a creative mood earlier today, but all is well. Hope people agree with how I handled things here. Need to remember to just stick to the basics and fit all your requests and actions into those. Remember that both Crafting and Trading require you to use an item to do the action. Only Gathering is a source action. No more freebies on breeding.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2010, 04:17:25 am »

Use some of the Copper to Craft a statue, the remaining copper goes into Group Storage.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:45 am »

Gather.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 8, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2010, 07:33:42 am »

I abandon 3 units of Starcloth and a chromium sphere.
I request an eternal flame with which to forge.
I claim 3 bars of chromium and 5 units of copper.
I craft 3 units of chromium and 5 units of copper into a metal then combine it with 1 unit of woven starcloth to create living metal, which will conform to the will of whoever 'owns' it.
I abandon living metal and/or copper/chromium until I have 6 open slots. Then claim 3 units of starcloth, 1 chromium sphere, and 2 units of RAMium metal.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2010, 10:24:53 am »

How is breeding Ethereal Crafting?
First, the Male impregnates the Female, which then may or may not get pregnant.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2010, 11:33:31 am »

How is breeding Ethereal Crafting?
First, the Male impregnates the Female, which then may or may not get pregnant.

Because the baby needs to be made from something, right? Usually the molecules of whatever food the mother eats. If the mother doesn't eat and only has a day to grow a baby, you create babies from nothing. A couple of cells is not enough, it still needs (for humans) 9 months worth of nutrition.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 22, 2010, 11:45:51 am »

Drat. What did I do wrong?  :'(

Engrave my logo and signature onto the circle in a suitably modern, art-nouveau/Bauhaus style. Reserve a chromium bar or two for own purposes.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:38:00 am by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45