Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71600 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 6, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2010, 06:27:11 pm »

Trade. Pick up the blue chitin sword and scabbard and find someone to trade it with.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2010, 06:28:45 pm »

Can bonuss be accuired that affect the quantity and/or quality of gathered items. or other rolls without any known bonuses currently?

Not at this time, the secondary rolls are mostly for me to help figure out how to play out a successful roll. Right now you can only upgrade an attempt skill.

Oh, I forgot about the class boosts and such.
Still. Massive usefulness in not getting lost like that guy. Who got lost. And then died or something.

'that guy' was Grek, and he was put back into hibernation where all the creators rest when they arn't active. If he ever posts here again, he can rejoin the wait list and come back again in a later cycle.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2010, 09:02:43 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:
hibernation:

Oh now I'm pissed.
Gather by SLAUGHTERING the police and looting them.
RIP AND TEAR!!! RIP AND TEAR!!! (With the chainsaw)
SMOKE AND FIYAH! SMOKE AND FIYAH!
Well since it's my last day, going out with a bang seems good.
attempt: 9+3=12
You angrily break the bars of the small jailcell they have you in, you can feel the worry about the ship leaving without you closing in quick. You are tempted to kill every living thing within a short radius, but your conscience holds you back, and you merely grab your chainsaw and make a break for it, arriving back at the ship just before nightfall.
+12 gather exp
Note: sooo close... so F8in close... >.> This just goes to show that skills and equipment can and DO make a difference. Just saved Elias' bum.

I gather a warmachine or factory...
attempt: 77-30=47
You wander about the city, desperate to find something useful. You pass several empty schoolyards and a few monorail stations, but can't seem to find the factory or military base that you were hoping for. After a depressing day of searching you manage to make it back to the ship safe and sound.
+47 gather exp

Get the crabs to mate.
attempt: 80+20=100
quality: 5
base influence: 57+5=62
Once again we follow the path of the humble crab farmer. With a little divine nudging you get the remaining two crabs to mate, and produce a handfull of crab eggs. However these eggs don't look very strong or healthy since the crabs have had very little to eat since the last forced breeding session.
+200 animal breeding exp(!~levelup~!)
+124 crafting influence
+small handful of unhealthy looking brownish-red crab eggs(about 10 viable eggs) !base influence:95!

Return to the task of trying to hatch a bat-like bird egg...Craft
attempt: 60
quality: 24
base influence: 74+24=98
Focusing once more on your tiny little eggs, you trickle just enough energy into one of them and they crack open with a miniscule chirp. The little bat-like bird crawls it's way out and cheeps adorably as it sits in your hand covered in discarded egg white. This featherless bird creation is a marbled red and white coloration in it's leathery skin.
+60 Enhanced Incubation exp(!~levelup~!)
+98 crafting influence
+red and white marbled leathery bat-like bird !base influence:98!

Using the gemstone, the magnifying glass and the battery as a casing, create a lethal laser gun-thing to attach to the crab.
attempt: 67+20=87
quality: 71
base influence: 80+71=151
Gemstone, check! Magnifying glass, check! Battery, check! A little tweak here, a litle hammering there. Maybe a wee bit of immaterial power glue, and you have a teeny little laser. Powered by the battery, focused by the lens and then condensed into a blasingly hot point by the tiny green gem. This little laser tube will emit a laser for a good 30 seconds before the battery runs out of juice and needs to be replaced. But it seems to be holding well, and 30 seconds is plenty of time to cut or fry something.
+87 Blaster Master exp
+151 crafting influence
+tiny green laser tube !base influence:151!

Trade. Pick up the blue chitin sword and scabbard and find someone to trade it with.
attempt: 83-10+1=74
economy: 85
influence adjustment: 24=50% off base./ (55+21)/2 = 38
Taking your sword and putting it in the scabbard, you head out in the city searching for a good place to sell or trade the item. After a little scrounging and asking around you find a shop selling samurai swords and other assorted japanese blades. The woman behind the counter seems interested in your unique blades, but dosen't think they are worth a whole lot. Haggle time ensues and you manage to talk your way into getting a handful of assorted sword parts along with 5,000 yen.
+74 trade exp
+39 trade influence
- blue chitin longsword, complete with scorpion stinger hilt clutching white crystal orb pommel. !base influence: 55!
- weak scorpion pincer scabbard !base influence: 21!
+ 2 wooden bokken
+ 1 leather wrapped katana hilt
+ 1 unsharpened iron shortsword blade
+ 5,000 yen
Note: with this trade your inventory overflowed, the Yen was deposited in group storage. Some inventory organisation is suggested.

As the last creator makes it back to the ship, the hum of the engines fills the hull and the city outside fades from view into the swirling vortex. A few uneventful moments later, and you arrive at a new world.

World Difficulty:

new world, and your first low difficulty zone. Going to be easy to find things here. :) Better take advantage of it.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 7, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »

Go tame some wolves. Or Bears. Also cut down trees with the chainsaw.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2010, 09:40:28 pm »

(Is it possible to recreate a stack of objects after we've broken it? Or do they remain seperate forever?)  ???

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »

(Is it possible to recreate a stack of objects after we've broken it? Or do they remain seperate forever?)  ???

Probably for what your thinking forever. However, if the original stack was an item, like the chainsaw, then you could theoretically craft it back into working order. But putting your eggs back into the original stack wouldn't work, as the only reason it was in a stack to begin with is for ease of gathering.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2010, 10:02:27 pm »

(Thats what I figured but it was worth checking.)

Leave my yen, chromium block and gravel in group storage then go out in search of metal or ore to Gather

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:01 pm »

Get some crabs to hatch

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2010, 01:13:16 am »

*doesn't say anything*

I once again attempt to craft by weaving two of the plasmas into stable cloth.
The place half the cloth into group storage.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2010, 01:53:47 am »

*doesn't say anything*

I once again attempt to craft by weaving two of the plasmas into stable cloth.
The place half the cloth into group storage.

*wonders* If you have a suggestion or critisim I'd prefer to hear it, hopefully it will make for a better game.

Also your cloth will most likely be one single item. Tearing it in half to place just half of it in group storage probably isn't going to work, unless you crit and make a bolt of the cloth or something I can increase the amount without increasing the raw materials. I'll go ahead and assume you want to keep the cloth if you can't halve it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2010, 03:26:57 am »

Yes, thankyou, I definately want to keep some, i was hoping that 2 plasma would produce 2 cloth, but it doesn't really work that way, ummm, is there any advantage to using 2 plasma instead of just 1?

And I wasn't commenting(or not) on the game but rather the previous post.

Would this be a good place to practice gathering to acquire gathering skills? Or is death just as likely here as elsewhere...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2010, 04:40:22 am »

Yes, thankyou, I definately want to keep some, i was hoping that 2 plasma would produce 2 cloth, but it doesn't really work that way, ummm, is there any advantage to using 2 plasma instead of just 1?

And I wasn't commenting(or not) on the game but rather the previous post.

Would this be a good place to practice gathering to acquire gathering skills? Or is death just as likely here as elsewhere...

2 plasma will probably give you some sort of woven plasma cloth, while 1 would end up making a flattened plasma sheet or something. Won't know the outcome for certain until the rolls are made.

For gathering this world is extremely tame, and you can probably gather here quite easily. However, remember that RAM is a crafter, and gets a whopping -30 to any non-craft roll. And if you get 10 or lower on the 3rd day, no matter how tame the world is, the ship will leave without you, and the auto retrieval system will put you back in hibernation until a later cycle.

Your best bet is to keep making stuff and buy some gather equipment with crafting influence. Something with many gadgets and creations like Nincompoop's generator would make the most influence. You could theoretically do something with the plasma cloth, turning the plasma first into plasma threads, then threads to cloth, then create dye and dye the cloth somehow, then sew the cloth into something, then embroider some patches out of some other material made cloth and then attach it to said something. Each time the base influence will contribute to the whole, and really thats the best way for a crafter to gain influence.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2010, 04:56:51 am »

Spoiler: Old action (click to show/hide)

New action at
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:46:21 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2010, 12:30:22 pm »

Breeding sounds really cheap, then. You can eventually get thousands, if not tens of thousands, of 800000-influence 10th-generation crab spawn or whatnot, due to the continuous nature of breeding. Sure, most of them will go to the group thing, but I bet there could be just one breeder making massive amounts of spawn or crabs, and all the rest would be traders.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2010, 01:40:08 pm »

Breeding sounds really cheap, then. You can eventually get thousands, if not tens of thousands, of 800000-influence 10th-generation crab spawn or whatnot, due to the continuous nature of breeding. Sure, most of them will go to the group thing, but I bet there could be just one breeder making massive amounts of spawn or crabs, and all the rest would be traders.

Breeding will be limited. You'll note already that the crabs were having trouble without substanence. Forcing time shifts like that on any animal probably won't go well. You'd be better off making lots of organic components, heart, lungs, liver, brain, etc. and putting them together. Than trying to breed 80000 times. One bad roll and the whole stock of breeding animals could and probably will die. There's nothing saying you can't try, and if someone puts in enough rolls they should be rewarded in however they do so. but be aware if it gets too boring, I will figure something out to spice things up again.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45