Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71472 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2010, 02:40:36 pm »

Dd te e. vrthss, od ro.

Place the sawdust and shaving in the group storage. Then begin the work on the dreaded silk belt.

No getting away from making this. It's pretty much all I have left.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:44:14 pm by lordnincompoop »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2010, 02:49:37 pm »

Request permission to join Cycle 3, as well. I'll be... Archimedes, Crafter?  :P

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

NEVER! i first im on the waiting list

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2010, 03:19:37 pm »

What? Isn't Cycle 3 empty?
And can you please use better grammar so I can understand you better?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:21:29 pm by Phantom »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2010, 03:58:21 pm »

Request permission to join Cycle 3, as well. I'll be... Archimedes, Crafter?  :P

current players will be added ONLY when the cycle is finished, so as to keep new blood circulating.

Since your in the current cycle, you cannot join the wait list until your cycle is finished. You have 5 more worlds in this cycle, then you can be added to the end of the wait list.

And No, Cycle 3 is filling up already, :) lots of interested players, and I am quite happy that people like the game so much.

Working on rolls now.

And technically, RAM is first on the waiting list, heh Jet is 2nd. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2010, 05:22:06 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

Grek:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

Waiting list:

Gather attempt, Bring the chainsaw as a self defense weapon and go in search of Ice Wolves I can tame. Or kill the Abominable Snowman, and bring it's body back to the ship.

Oh and leave all my other stuff behind, except the fuel barrel.
attempt: 57+2=59
quality: 2
quantity: 19-2=17
Putting everything but your fuel barrel into group storage, you protect yourself from the cold and head out into the blizzard. You first attempt to find animal life, or even any life for that matter, and unfortunately nothing but blowing snow and massive frozen glaciers greet you. In the end you give up on your hunt, and grab a few icicles to bring back to the ship.
+59 gather exp(~!levelup!~)
+ 3 foot long icicles(frozen water, worth about 1 liter per icicle)

Lets go see if theres anybody around to Trade with.
attempt: 14
Heading out into the blizzard proves no easier for you, but with the intent on trading your idol and necklace you spend the day searching anyway. Eventually, you return to the ship with no luck and time wasted.
+14 trade exp

Trade. I try to find intelligent lifeforms to trade my crafted items I'm carrying with me right now. Before I do go I leave the iron bar, the 5 packs of batteries and two units of plasma in the group storage.
attempt: 47-10=37
Fairing little better than Fireheart, you do however manage to find a very suspicious cave with a triangular crystal in the middle. With no idea what it does or why, you have to return to the ship empty handed.
+37 trade exp

Craft. I will mix the crab ichor with the scorpion ichor in a mad genetic experement to create scorpiocrabs.
attempt: 91
quality: 82
base influence: 78+82=160
It's alive, ALIVE!!! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxG8UjgMAU4] White lab coat and lack of glasses be damned, you have control of the DNA of every strand in the two amounts of arthropod blood. With a little tweak here, a fusion there, and maybe a wee bit of electical trauma, a strange new creature is grown from nothingness. You dub the black shelled creature a scorpiocrab. With a single hard shell from a crab, and an enlarged left claw, the roundish creature actually has two extra appendages from the rear of the beast that end in deadly looking scorpion stingers. The creature has eight legs, three compound eyes on stalks, and seems to walk sideways.
+182 genetic engineering exp(~!Levelup!~)
+320 crafting influence
+ 1 scorpiocrab(Alive)(1 large black crab claw, 2 large black scorpion stingers, 8 scorpiocrab legs, 3 scorpiocrab eyes, 16oz scorpiocrab meat, 10oz purple ichor, 5oz scorpiocrab offal, approximately 6 large pieces of black chitin) !base influence:160!
Note: was going to make actual growth of the animal another crafting action, but you did roll a crit. So congrats.

Buy another glass tool and craft a glass neon crab out of two small piles of green rocks. Also, place the *Crab Meat Roast* into group storage.
Another 250 influence spent, and the ship gives you a tiny metal rod used to help more delicate glass sculpting tasks. +1 glass sculpting equipment. (chose sculpting since you didn't specify)
Attempt: 56+20+1=77
quality: 36
base influence: 73+36=109
The last of the green rocks are pulverized and converted into glass. You deftly use your new sculpting rod to mold the glass into a large crab shape. The little guy is quite cute, and even colored slightly with some of the red crab chitin crushed and mixed into the glass.
+77 glass scuplting exp(~levelup!~)
+109 crafting influence
+ 1 skillfully made glass crab !base influence:109!

Dd te e. vrthss, od ro.

Place the sawdust and shaving in the group storage. Then begin the work on the dreaded silk belt.
attempt: 9+20+1=30
Cloth. It hates you. Honestly. All you can seem to do is wrap it around in the general shape of what you want. Maybe you should ask a fellow creator to help? Because fate just dosen't like you on this end.
+30 silkcrafting exp
Note: I laughed far too long when that 9 rolled. >.> Maybe buy some silkcrafting gear? You do have a fair bit of influence you could spend.

I had a great theme song to go with this world, and then the traders both failed. Perhaps next turn will be better. For now, we can go with Grek's action theme song. XD

Anyone guessed what world you are on yet? It has a specific name. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:57:49 am by Haika »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 5, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2010, 05:25:05 pm »

Trade. I try to find the cave again. Hopefully it's not a dead end. Still trading my crafted items that is in my inventory.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:23:45 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2010, 06:16:27 pm »

Um...
Get a the Lobster and a Crab to mate.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2010, 06:46:09 pm »

I'm determined to find something to trade with...Trade!!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »

Forge a circular piece of metal and a small chain out of 1 raw lime metal, and craft a glass lens made of the resulting green rock.
Place the lens inside of the circular piece of metal and attach the chain to the rim.
Wear it distinguishedbly. Place everything else in group storage.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:07:49 pm by Rashilul »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2010, 07:25:42 pm »

I will use a craft action to clone my abomination against nature.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2010, 02:56:58 am »

*poke* no page 2 for you... waiting on nincompoop's action, then we will be good to go.

I will use a craft action to clone my abomination against nature.
Though here, this is Ethreal crafting again, trying to make something from nothing. If I don't hear what you'd like to try making it out of before the rolls, I'll be creative. ;) Who knows what you may come up with.

Forge a circular piece of metal and a small chain out of 1 raw lime metal, and craft a glass lens made of the resulting green rock.
Place the lens inside of the circular piece of metal and attach the chain to the rim.
Wear it distinguishedbly. Place everything else in group storage.

ok then... lots of actions here. First one will be up in the next go. Being the metal chain. Unless you tell me differently before the turn, like say 'make my action: craft a monocle from the raw lime metal chunk' ;/

Also, you trader types, default on trade is to trade away anything in your personal inventory that has a base influence, so if you want to keep anything, or sell some things from group storage, need to be specific.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:00:43 am by Haika »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2010, 03:55:17 am »

Craft a monocle from the raw lime metal and green rock chunk.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2010, 05:02:57 am »

Thankyee. :) Much simpler if you just want the monocle. You could do all that stuff you listed seperately for different skill exp and influence, and increase the end influence of the monocle, but its more fun to make many different things. Otherwise you end up like nincompoop, and get stuck trying to make one part for however many turns he's on.

And just so you know, making the monocle straight up will probably give you 'Optical engineering' as a skill. Also note that you do have a lens made up already, if you wanted to try and save some green rocks for later glass making, you could use it in the monocle for an influence boost. But need to let me know before rolls.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2010, 12:20:09 pm »

Thankyee. :) Much simpler if you just want the monocle. You could do all that stuff you listed seperately for different skill exp and influence, and increase the end influence of the monocle, but its more fun to make many different things. Otherwise you end up like nincompoop, and get stuck trying to make one part for however many turns he's on.

And just so you know, making the monocle straight up will probably give you 'Optical engineering' as a skill. Also note that you do have a lens made up already, if you wanted to try and save some green rocks for later glass making, you could use it in the monocle for an influence boost. But need to let me know before rolls.

If, say, I just use what I have and make the product instead of dillydallying around, would I be more successful then?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45