Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71465 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 4, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2010, 08:44:06 pm »

I feel like tempting fate. I will gather pudding.

You act like you have much of a choice about tempting fate? heh

Craft. Seeing as I can't saw something without a handle I craft one out of my last piece of blue chitin. Is this allowed? Will change if not.

*wonders why it wouldn't be allowed*

And I'll update the wait list when the next turn is posted.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:27 am »

Still need actions from lordnincompoop and Rashilul before I can post the next turn. Been slowing down this weekend, on the 2nd page as I type this.(cleverly designed bump)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2010, 01:07:45 pm »

Slap self. After that, build a motor from some of that plasma, metal etc. and replace that with the wooden handle on the cylinder. If all that is successful, give it a few test revs (part of craft). Reserve some of the plasma for another planned project. Buy a metalworking workshop, hopefully that'll help with smithing and the creation of this motor.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »

Slap self. After that, build a motor from some of that plasma, metal etc. and replace that with the wooden handle on the cylinder. If all that is successful, give it a few test revs (part of craft). Reserve some of the plasma for another planned project. Buy a metalworking workshop, hopefully that'll help with smithing and the creation of this motor.
engine crafting will probably go under a seperate skill than metalworking, probably 'mechanic' do you want that for the equipment instead?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2010, 04:20:07 pm »

Craft a quarter-pounder crab meat roast, decorate it with 1 oz. of crab ichor

Sorry 'bout taking so long.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2010, 05:00:27 pm »

engine crafting will probably go under a seperate skill than metalworking, probably 'mechanic' do you want that for the equipment instead?

starting up the rolls now, you have until I'm ready to post to change the equipment choice. Otherwise I'll give you Metalcrafting.

Sorry 'bout taking so long.

No worries, just need some prodding once and a while. At least your still here.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2010, 06:06:33 pm »

For future refrence, can multiple skill/equipment types add bonuses to creation rolls?
Eh?
Eh!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:04 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

Grek:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

Waiting list:

Get the crabs to mate
attempt: 91
quality: 97
base influence: 6+97=103
Dimming the lights, you have the ship start crooning out some Barry Manalow. Taking two of the crabs aside, you bring them together in the way only crabs can. Underwater, and barely touching. However the effect is instant and you achieve a handfull of bright pink crab-caviar. With tiny baby crabs just waiting to hatch.
+182 animal breeder exp(~!Levelup!~)
+ 206 crafting influence
+ double-fisted handfull of tiny, bright-pink crab eggs(about 97 eggs in total) !base influence: 103!
Note: hatching any number of the eggs will result in breaking of the stack, putting most of them in group storage. However, any crabs 'crafted' from the eggs, will get a bonus to their influence, of about 51, half the influence of the eggs. Gratz on the crit roll, maybe Elias was meant to be a breeder. *invisions a Brock look-a-like*

Hatch another bat-like bird egg
attempt: 30
Cradling one of your eggs, you try the same technique as before to try and hatch it. However, for whatever reason the same amount of heat and time isn't enough, or perhaps it was too much. Nothing changes with the egg either way, so you'll have to try again later.
+30 Enhanced Incubation exp

Craft. Seeing as I can't saw something without a handle I craft one out of my last piece of blue chitin. Is this allowed? Will change if not.
attempt: 93-10+1=84
quality: 50
base influence: 100+50=150 o.o
Using your last piece of scorpion chitin you smooth all of the edges and give it a rounded texture that would fit comfortably into a hand. To make it more impressive, you nab two of the loose crab claws and fuse them into either end of the handle.
+84 bonecrafting exp(~!Levelup!~)
+150 crafting influence
+ 1 blue chitin handle with neon-red crab claw adornment !base influence: 150!

I feel like tempting fate. I will gather pudding.
attempt: 50+2+1=53(specific modifier would make you fail, so general used)
quality: 94
quantity: 57-94=1
Diving down to the bottom of the ocean, though taking several hours you eventually reach the sand bottom. Filled with micro-plankton and other assorted deep sea life you form your powers into a sort of energy bucket and with it scoop up a large amount of deep sea sand. Closing your powers around the collection, you surface, and manage to find the portal back to the ship just in time.
+53 gather exp(~!Levelup!~)
+ approximately 10 units of deep sea sand and water(5 units of white ocean sand, 3 units of banana yellow water, 1 unit of microscopic plankton, 1 unit of trace minerals and fish waste)

Craft a quarter-pounder crab meat roast, decorate it with 1 oz. of crab ichor
Attempt: 83+20=103
quality: 25
base influence: 70+25=95
Sacre Bleu! What is this? How on earth could I miss, such a sweet little suculent crab. Quel domage. what a loss, Here we go, in the sauce. Now some flour, I think just a dab. ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuuEDDyvzuE ~ Channeling your inner french chef, you deftly prepare a *Crab Meat Roast*. The ingredients are masterfully minced crab meat, superiorly minced crab ichor, and minced giant scorpion eye stalks.
+206 cooking exp(~!Levelup!~)
+190 crafting influence
+ *Crab Meat Roast* !base influence:95!
( You broke 1k influence again, might want to buy some more gear. :) maybe a big silver pot *hums the song* )

Spending some of your hard earned influence, you request some metalworking gear from the ship. It provides you with a small hand held spot welder to use with connecting metal pieces.
attempt: 46+20=66
quality: 93
base influence: 56+93=149
Setting your mind away from anything involving, ugh... cloth. You begin to construct an advanced engine from the parts laying around. With a swing of your hands here and there, massive sounds of grinding metal and groaning iron resound around your workspace. In the end, you manage to create a viable plasma-based engine made from an iron bar and the partially fused iron and lime metal chunk.
+66 mechanic exp
+140 crafting influence
-250 gear purchase
+ iron and lime metal yellow plasma engine !base influence:149!
Note: your inventory is now full, any further crafting without donation to the group storage or using what you have will result in the end product going into group storage.

Another appointed time has arrived, and another world disappears into the void behind you as the Aglaia leaves it behind.

World difficulty: 95. A rumble from outside heralds your landing, as an eerie wind seems to howl past the portal of the ship. Looking outside a blizzard obscures your vision for a few moments, before you manage to spot an opening in the clouds. High above your position a massive mountain floats in the sky covered in distant verdant green, and trailing waterfalls of sparkling water. Spires made from some sort of white stone are visible, and a crystaline chime is barely heard before the image is swallowed up by the clouds once more.

Whee... so many huge rolls this turn. :D I had so much fun putting that les poissons song on loop while writing Rashuilul's action as well. I reccomend people listen to that link while reading. *nodself*  Link to better audio quality and auto loop: http://lair2000.net/Mermaid_Lyrics/lyrics/Les_Poissons.html Singing Star Trek DS9 star ftw.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2010, 06:27:39 pm »

For future refrence, can multiple skill/equipment types add bonuses to creation rolls?

when you create you use one skill, and one type of equipment. If it becomes too complicated and using many skills, usually that means it's neither of those basic skills and something more complicated, like the mechanics skill used last update.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2010, 06:29:38 pm »

Excellent, Crab attack dogs here I come!

Gather attempt, Bring the chainsaw as a self defense weapon and go in search of Ice Wolves I can tame. Or kill the Abominable Snowman, and bring it's body back to the ship.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »

Lets go see if theres anybody around to Trade with.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:51 pm »

Trade. I try to find intelligent lifeforms to trade my crafted items I'm carrying with me right now. Before I do go I leave the iron bar, the 5 packs of batteries and two units of plasma in the group storage.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »

Oh and leave all my other stuff behind, except the fuel barrel.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2010, 04:42:35 am »

Craft. I will mix the crab ichor with the scorpion ichor in a mad genetic experement to create scorpiocrabs.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »

Buy another glass tool and craft a glass neon crab out of two small piles of green rocks. Also, place the *Crab Meat Roast* into group storage.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45