Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71390 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 2, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2010, 11:24:56 am »

Well, I think we may be thinking too complicated here, and the game is already pretty in-depth. I could add a cost to deal with the group inventory, as well as a group influence pool, but there would be issues with how people handled things at the start. people would be required to gather, and I don't want to force that on the players. I might just decrease the negative from being a gatherer, so that they can craft or trade a little easier. Letting the offset be more the lack of influence gain then the negative on non-gather rolls.

Even as things are right now, gatherers have the lowest negative of all the specializing classes. I'd rather just let that be since they won't make influence without doing the other actions, and I'd rather encourage people to gather interesting objects for more interesting crafting possibilities.

also since we have chatted quite a bit this morning, current turn actions stand as thus:
* posted actions:
phantom
lordnincompoop
Grek
thunderclan

* Waiting on:
Rashilul
Kinesen
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:32:28 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »

It seems to me that if you recover the golden fleece it would earn you a certain amount of respect...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »

Golden Fleece, just $39.99 at Old Navy!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »

Phantom can take the chainsaw after my experiment.

Craft. I look at the chainsaw and feel how a hammer strikes the anvil in my head. I take the solid liquid and shape it into the form of the chainsaw I found. I make sure the copy chainsaw is able to function just like the original. Put the result in my inventory.

Success or fail, Phantom is goin to get a new toy.

Edit: Keep the chainsaw now since Phantom changed his action which I missed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:37:53 am by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2010, 01:49:09 am »

Use the green sand to make a glass goblet? Decorated with lime metal.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2010, 11:56:24 am »

World: whoo boy, this should be fun, see below
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:
Rashilul:
Kinesen:
Grek:
lordnincompoop:
Phantom:

Waiting list:

Make a Longsword, the blade out of iron, and smelt the lime green stone into the cross guard and rain guard.
attempt: 13
Grabbing a pile of the green stone, you begin to work it into a bar of your iron while forging a longsword. However the stone seems to throw you off, everyone knows you should wait until after the blade is finished before you add extras, but now you have a lovely lump of green stone and iron mess.
+5 iron bar
+1 iron and green stone lump
+13 weaponforging exp
Note: using one iron broke that stack, you now only have 1 inventory spot left.

Hatch the eggs I found...So...Craft I guess
attempt: 58(difficulty modifier for multiple eggs would make it fail, so 1 egg hatched)
quality: 60
base influence: 78+60= 138
Seeking your inner mother, you channel a gentle urge into your first egg. Being careful not to damage the tiny little creature, you heat the shell and increase the time rate around the egg in a tiny pocket. Within moments the little egg breaks open and you release your skills as the miniature iridescent blue bat-like bird with no feathers chirps at you imprinting upon the first thing it sees.
+58 enhanced incubation exp
+ 138 crafting influence
+ 1 tiny iridescent blue bat-like bird with no feathers, about the size of a walnut. !base influence: 138!

Hollow out the block of white stone and shape it into a large pipe. Should be large enough to contain the wood cylinders etc.
attempt: 37+20=57
quality: 75
base influence: 19+75= 94
Taking the block of white stone from group storage you focus your power and inhale greatly. Holding the block before your lips you exhale mightily, and blow the stone up like a balloon, while your power keeps it from shattering. Stretching the stone and creating a giant sized pipe, big enough to hold all of your prior experiments.
+57 stonesculpting exp
+94 crafting influence
+ 1 massive white stone pipe !base influence: 94!

I am going to try to trade again. Same as last time.
attempt: 55
economy: 34
influence adjustment: 50 = base influence only.
Determined to find life in this harsh world, you head into the wilderness and actually find it. Along the banks of the river you find a small group of what looks like refugee children. As you get closer you notice they are actually felines who have evolved opposible digits on their front paws. The language is a series of hisses and mews, but the power from your divine translates perfectly. They are a wary species, having survived whatever destroyed the rest of this world, it takes some time for them to accept you. After a few hours and demonstrations of your good will by helping them fish with your power, they accept you and allow you to trade. They seem curious about the bonsi, if not overly interested, and their level of economy isn't that impressive. With a little haggling and alot of catfights, you manage to sell the small strange tree for two bolts of red silk scavanged from the wasteland, and three old-looking silver-plated coins.
+55 trade exp
+ 93 trade influence
- red cactus bonsi, with blue needle-leaves. !base influence: 93!
+ 2 bolts of red silk
+ 3 old silver-plated coins

Craft. I look at the chainsaw and feel how a hammer strikes the anvil in my head. I take the solid liquid and shape it into the form of the chainsaw I found. I make sure the copy chainsaw is able to function just like the original. Put the result in my inventory.
attempt: 59-10(no need for modifier here, but would have been added for difficulty)=49
Try as you might, channeling your power to the smith himself seems to give you no help in making one item become another. Perhaps if the items were more similar in make it would be easier.
+49 cloning exp

Use the green sand to make a glass goblet? Decorated with lime metal.
attempt: 71+20=91
quality: 77
base influence: 82+77=159
Yanking one of the lime chunks from the storage like one possessed, you sheer the pebbles sending them flying back into the general stockpile. Holding up your handful of green sand in the palm of your hand you concentrate. The sand begins to move, following your will, swirling, and bending, like a miniture sandstorm in your reach. As soon as the sand is spread out enough, you shout and emit massive heat and radiation from your eyes, fusing both the metal and the sand into one crystaline goblet. The item sparkles in the ship's work lights, rimmed at the bottom and the top by a thin but smooth and shiny ring of lime metal, the crystal clear light green glass holds about 16 oz.
+ 182 glassworking exp ~(levelup!)~
+ 318 crafting influence
+ 1 pristine, light-green 16oz. glass goblet, ringed with lime metal. !base influence: 159!
- handful of green sand

Again the ship shakes and rumbles. And the swirl of colors peels around the view port until it stablizes at the new world.

difficulty: 100 o.o

Alarms start blaring all over the ship. Those looking outside the viewpoint are blinded by a flash of intense yellow light before the ship compensates and shades the viewing material. Outside the viewpoint... is a yellow-orange star. Arcs of plasma regularly blast from the surface, and the massive amounts of energy radiating from the area repeatedly rock the ship, but it seems stable, and with enough concentration, you could wrap yourself in your power and venture out, and walk, upon the molten surface.

Eventually the alarms are silenced as the ship raises shields and protects itself and it's cargo from the hostile world.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 3, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:32 pm »

Gather. Put whatever I might find in my inventory but put the compound eyes and the ichor in the group storage first.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 01:30:25 pm »

Scream at the others about the amazing potentials if we could gather the star, or at least parts of it. Also, create a conveyor belt out of the silk (if Grek lets me have some), durable and tough enough to be able to be scratched by my spiky rods without damage for extended (years?) periods of time. If possible, colour the silk to some exciting/exotic/expensive-looking colour.

This is exciting. Really. :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:33:21 pm by lordnincompoop »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2010, 01:35:17 pm »

Yeah. Hopefully I will collect some amount of plasma to use as a dangarous fuel source, both for the group to use and most importantly as energy for my about-to-be modded chainsaw.

Exciting indeed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:42:41 pm by KineseN »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2010, 02:04:57 pm »

Try to make longsword again. Look out viewport towards star, locate nearby planets.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2010, 02:35:59 pm »

Take the (Cat?) skull and forge a glass covering using one small pile of green rocks.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »

Try to speed up the growth of my bat-like bird

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2010, 03:22:24 am »

(if Grek lets me have some)
This is exciting. Really. :D
Yes.

I am going to gather native space-plants. I would also like to request Nevets's sawdust and wood splinters for another botany project later on.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2010, 12:50:03 pm »

I was thinking while I was washing the dishes and stumbled upon the thought of recrafting an object. Is that allowed?

That led to some other ideas that I might try which I know is allowed until I thought of something else. Would a portable subspace pocket count as a blackhole type?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2010, 01:19:32 pm »

not sure what you mean by recrafting. dismantling and then putting something together again? Yeah that's possible, but up to the rolls. And there's no assurance that you'll get exactly the same thing.

As to the subspace pocket, that's quite doable, would be under 'ethreal' crafting. Making something from nothing however. Meaning that you would need to have a bag or strip of cloth or something to note that the object is there. IE: no making a totally invisible object that may or may not actually be there.

Rolls are done, gonna post right after this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45