Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71345 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 4, Cycle 2)
« Reply #585 on: March 23, 2010, 08:22:04 pm »

Hehe

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 23, 2010, 08:32:08 pm »

oo... tough luck cheddar... (note to self: do not fuck with atoms.)

and you lost the penis-medallion too! :( good thing you have plenty more platinum!
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »

Yeah. Still plenty of time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #588 on: March 23, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »

Well, at least there is enough materiel for a while now.

With the wood, I shall craft generic mechanisms, and once again give them to group storage.
Eh?
Eh!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 23, 2010, 09:23:19 pm »

the last thing you see is a burnt image of a certain flailing genitalia as it slowly vaporizes into blinding light...
- platinum genitalia medal !Base influence: 135!

Nnnnoooooooooooooo!

Oh well. Probably the gods' way of telling you the medal was too small.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »

forge platinum katana
Back to Mafia with me!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:56 am »

Wheeeeeee! Clearly, this is a sign from Hephaestus that I should open my mind.

I craft a bong with platinum from the group storage.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 24, 2010, 12:12:09 pm »

I dump the water back into group storage, and claim the sawdust bowl, lotus lift, and wooden gears.

I Trade them with any one I can find. (Not the Katana however)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:31 pm »

Just waiting on a filiusenox move I believe. then we can see how long it takes me to get a turn out. Though I'm suddenly with some time this weekend, so hopefully we can get it going sometime then.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:45 pm »

Carve an image of Cheddarius getting blown up and Fil laughing at him on another bone
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 29, 2010, 01:39:41 am »

World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

EagleV:

Kashyyk:

filiusenox:

Cheddarius:

qwertyuiopas:

Diakron:

~~~~~

With the wood, I shall craft generic mechanisms, and once again give them to group storage.
attempt: 46+20+1=67
quality: 57
base influence: 6+57+36(wood)=99
Taking one of the planks from group storage, you begin to cut out some mechanisms from the wood. Palm isn't the best wood to make strong machinery from, but with your skill and a little density increasing pressure, you manage to create two gears, and three interlocking smaller ones. All together these mechanisms could be used for a great many generic things.
+67 wood mechanic exp
+49 crafting influence
+Palm wood mechanisms(3 small gears, 2 tiny gears) !Base influence: 99!
-palm plank !Base influence: 73!

forge platinum katana
attempt: 27+20=47
You pull up your sleeves, quite dashing by the way, and light your diving glowing forge powers. You ready your hands to work as tongs. Prepare your mind to fold, and beat, and quench and heat red hot. Then you turn and grab the platinum... Platinum right? Err, you realize far too late that you forgot to get any platinum from group storage and have wasted the day planning and preparing with nothing to do.
+47 swordsmith exp(~Levelup!~)

I craft a bong with platinum from the group storage.
attempt: 97
quality: 99
base influence: 93+99+22(bar)+6(grass)=220
Dave's not here man, Just the colors.. Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... look at the platypus. These shoes should be president! In fact I think now we've reached a point now, where the powers that be really have sort of vested interest in all of us being stoned out as much as possible all the time so we don't know what's going on, and we don't care. I'm so ghetto I hate myself. Popcicles. Are you drooling on my diggeri-doo? Best name for the Ethernet cable: "The warm umbilical of knowledge". You'd be surpised how much joy I can derive from a foam-rubber aligator. Let them eat my roommate's birthday cake. Man let's go to the jungle gym and get some Skor bars while we watch the pokemon. Uh, when did the radio start breathing? I could dive right into your shirt right now. Space is a shoelace. Monkey. I'll be right back, my car's probably hungry.

Ok suffice it to say, Osin is long gone from reality right now. The fumes comming from his work area would kill a parrot, and the smoke that fills it conceals everything that he's doing, all you hear is the continuing recital of whatever that is he's saying. Best not to listen too long, you might ooze brain cells out your eyeballs. Later, after the smoke clears, Osin is sitting cross legged on the floor of the ship his eyes rolled way back in his head. Before him sits a shining piece of metal that hurts a sane man's eyes to look at. The metal is warped, smooth, reflecting light in all directions, almost crystaline, and emitting a deep red smoke from the top, with a longer thin piece that looks like it is made of gossamer thread. What you see before you is the Holy Grail of Stoners. Hippies would kill whole redwood forests to get their hands on this thing, it's that impressive.
+194 Smoking apparatus forging exp(~Levelup!~)
+220 crafting influence!
+ godly platinum hookah with gossamer hose !Base influence: 220!
- platinum bar !Base influence: 44!
- hallucinogenic red grass !Base influence: 13!
Note: remember that your inventory is full, clean some out, or next time you might not use some of it and your masterwork item could fall into group storage.. maan.

I dump the water back into group storage, and claim the sawdust bowl, lotus lift, and wooden gears.

I Trade them with any one I can find. (Not the Katana however)
attempt: 72(*gasp* a successful trade roll, I uhh... *goes to first post to remember how to roll it)+10=82
economy: 79
haggle: 54
Gathering up the bowl, lift, and gears, you head out into this strange wasteland. It takes very little time to find someone, well actually you are found. The object is around 50 feet tall, and a loudspeaker blares down at you with questions in irritated brittish english. Eventually you make the pilot of the mech understand that you want to trade some things, and they take you back to their base camp. The war they seem to be fighting is going badly, with much gurrila fighting on both sides. However, the english camp has a quartermaster who has been known to send local items back across the atlantic to eccentric buyers. And he offers to trade for your items. Along with a fistfull of british pounds, you are given a military issue, metalic thermos filled with dark coffee, and a sort of electric blanket with no cord, battery, or visible heating source that you can see.
+41 trade exp
+(166+135+119+99).54=280 Trade Influence
+30££
+Thermos of black coffee !Base influence: 79!
+Fusion Heat blanket !Base influence: 79!
-wonderful sawdust bowl centerpiece !Base influence: 166!
-giant lotus lift !Base influence: 135!
-3 1ft radius wooden gears !Base influence: 119!
-Palm wood mechanisms(3 small gears, 2 tiny gears) !Base influence: 99!
Note: Be aware that money items gained through trade hold no base influence, and while things like coins can be melted down and used for other crafting, they will give you no influence. Bascially trash items.

Carve an image of Cheddarius getting blown up and Fil laughing at him on another bone
attempt: 20+2=22
Still holding the femur you thought about engraving yesterday, you decide to try again with a different subject. However you are interrupted by a rush of Medical... bots? They are sort of two dimensional beings of light with no arms, that run by you and head into the infirmary. You catch a glimpse of what used to be Cheddarius laying on a slab of some sort of marble. The lump of bluish muscle is totally without skin, and blood is oozing everywhere, as a giant mechanical arm equipped with tweasers carefully extracts tiny slivers of metal from his body. Your stomach turns, and you decide to let well enough alone for now at least.
+22 bone engraving exp(~Levelup!~)

Rolls all done man... Watch out for that frying pan on your back porch. Groovy...

What? Oh yeah, Chuckles the invisible noodle porcupine tells me to remind you that any errors and mistakes are brought to you by the letter L, and the number Uv.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 4, Cycle 2)
« Reply #596 on: March 29, 2010, 01:51:01 am »

Drop the grass in group storage. Now that my mind is still in places where it couldn't get on its own, try to hatch the egg.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #597 on: March 29, 2010, 06:31:36 am »

I'll use the last plank to make some more generic mechanisms.
Eh?
Eh!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:03 am »

I scream in apoplectic agony

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 29, 2010, 11:37:34 am »

*facepalms*

Grab 2 bars of platinum and do it right this time
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45