Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71578 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »

(Will everything left be consumed by the ship? Or will only the noncrafts be consumed?)

When the cycle ends, everything in group storage will recieve a number, I shall then roll and randomly choose a few items to carry over. Anything in there could show up in the 2nd cycle inventory, it's up to the roll really. You'll see more when I actually do it. Only a few more turns left now.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2010, 12:36:19 am »

Oh, and I will abandon 2 units of starcloth then claim 2 units of Off-green plasma and 1 unit of woven Starcloth.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:55:21 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2010, 02:51:37 am »

Using the crabs, the offals, the legs, eyes, claws, a battery pack and some steel, meld them all together into a giant, friendly super-crab (live) approx. 2m tall. Place all but giant crab in group storage.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:59:42 am by lordnincompoop »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2010, 06:06:18 pm »

Change of plans, I abandon 3 units of woven starcloth and claim 3 units of off-green plasma.
I craft my linking a bar of RAMium metal to a unit of off-green plasma and forming them into an amulet with ethereal spiders inside, the wearer of the amulet can sense and control the spiders. The spiders can toggle their form between spiders and clouds of spiderstuff that soaks into whatever they are on, becoming otherwise undetectable and allowing the wearer of the amulet to track the subject until the spider is recalled.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2010, 06:51:24 pm »

Craft. I use 10 of the pines and one bag of seed to make my miniture biome capsule more of a forest feel. The rest of the pines and seeds can be put in the group storage.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2010, 09:53:52 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Make a gladius out of the steel bar
attempt: 43+20=63
quality: 60
base influence: 90+60=150
Taking the last bar of steel from group storage you set to work making another weapon. The forging is relatively easy, a litle heat applied here, a little flattening here. And you have your weapon.
+63 weaponcrafting exp(~Levelup!~)
+ 150 crafting influence
+ steel gladius  !base influence: 150!
*gasp* you used the skill you allready have, heh

Craft. I use 10 of the pines and one bag of seed to make my miniture biome capsule more of a forest feel. The rest of the pines and seeds can be put in the group storage.
attempt: 77-10=67
quality: 37
base influence: 30+37+91=158
Condensing and shrinking some of your pines and a few of the seeds you add them to your biome. The biome grows a bit, and the tiny animals frolick among the new trees and enjoy some strawberries as they grow. Overall however it becomes a little more cluttered and harder to see what all is inside.
+67 micro ecology exp(~Levelup!~)
+158 crafting exp
- miniture biome capsule(boreal forest, orange-sun, beaver, fox) !base influence: 183!
+ miniture biome capsule V2.0 !base influence: 158!

Grab the Glass Goblet and Van de Graaff Generator from group storage as well as the Crab Shell Shield from my inventory and go in search of beings to Trade with.
attempt: 42+1=43
Grabbing the goblet and the gadget, you head out for the statue bordered hole into the mountain. However just inside you find three large blocks of rock that you can only assume are floodgates. Looking around you can see some mechanisms connected to the gates, but no way to open. You yell a few times trying to get the attention of someone inside, but to no avail. Eventually you give up and head back to the ship.
+43 trade exp

Craft a Tanto-Kama... (Look up Tanto anr/or Kama) Out of steel I beam.
attempt: 65+1=66
quality: 89
base influence: 59+89=148
You decide to make a specialized knife for your day of work, and look to the group storage for some of the steel left over from the I-beam. However, previous creations have emptied the beam of all useable units, and you have to improvise. Taking a handful of copper ore, and two of the chromium bars you set to work. Fusing the metals together and forging the knife proves fairly easy. The quality of the final knife is quite impressive and you take a moment to admire your work.
+66 weaponcrafting exp(~Levelup!~)
+148 crafting influence
+ metal Tanto-Kama !base influence: 148!
Note: full inventory

Using the crabs, the offals, the legs, eyes, claws, a battery pack and some steel, meld them all together into a giant, friendly super-crab (live) approx. 2m tall. Place all but giant crab in group storage.
attempt: 47+20=67
quality: 76
base influence: 77+76=153
Like a man possessed you start grabbing half the materials left in the group storage. Crabs, scorpion parts, batteries, all go into your work station. However with the lack of steel you have to make do with some copper. You grab a large amount of the ore and get to work. Using your powers to magically melt every thing but the batteries, you fuse the organic materials into a creature of your own creation. Taking the metal you fold it over upon itself several times creating a reinforced copper shell for your beast. Implanting the batteries into the legs once again, you combine everything together into a large electro crab similar to your other one.
+67 cyborg assembly exp
+153 crafting influence
-2 neon-red crabs(alive)(1-2 pieces of small neon-red chitin, 8oz ichor, 2oz crab offal, 20oz crab meat, 2 small crab neon-red claws, 2 beedy neon crab eyes, 8 neon-red crab legs)
-6 oz crab offal
-4 neon-red crab claws,
-6 beedy neon crab eyes
-14 neon-red crab legs
-pack of AA batteries, 8 batteries per pack.
-20 copper ore
+ reinforced giant copper electro crab (alive) !base influence: 153!

Change of plans, I abandon 3 units of woven starcloth and claim 3 units of off-green plasma.
I craft my linking a bar of RAMium metal to a unit of off-green plasma and forming them into an amulet with ethereal spiders inside, the wearer of the amulet can sense and control the spiders. The spiders can toggle their form between spiders and clouds of spiderstuff that soaks into whatever they are on, becoming otherwise undetectable and allowing the wearer of the amulet to track the subject until the spider is recalled.
attempt: 93+20=113
quality: 42
base influence: 66+42+39(plasma)+56(metal)=203
The calling of Hephaestus himself seems to flow through you. After a quick shifting of your inventory you begin your grand design. Twirling your fingers about you in intricate patterns your living metal forms into tiny semi-transparent gem-like spheres. The plasma shatters into several pieces that stretches and crackles into tiny spider shapes. With a clap of your hands each sphere absorbs a crackling plasma spider flawlessly. Looking like bits of lightning trapped in amber like a bug, the bright green spiders react to your powers as you instruct the necklace for it's magical properties. In the end the object is of mythical quality and impressive enough to please even the dullest observer.
+226 enchanted jewelry creation(~Levelup!~)
+406 crafting influence
- unit of off-green plasma !base influence: 79!
- bar of RAMium metal. !Base Influence: 113!
+ mythical spider tracking necklace !base influence: 203!

Trade just dosen't seem to be possible this cycle. :( Though this turn you guys slaughtered that group stockpile. In the future be sure and check what all is in storage before you use it. There was one bar of steel and three people trying to use it. This leads to me being creative with other materials.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2010, 10:02:40 pm »

Send the bears to storage.

It seems that some people violated the 'Don't Make any Sentient stuff' rule. Guess that means I can build a robot with free will now?

Could I like make a robot and transfer my skills to it?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2010, 10:57:43 pm »

Get a whale bone from storage and carve scenes from the worlds we've visited into it...Craft

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2010, 11:43:36 pm »

Send the bears to storage.

It seems that some people violated the 'Don't Make any Sentient stuff' rule. Guess that means I can build a robot with free will now?

Could I like make a robot and transfer my skills to it?

Last I knew, crabs wern't sentient. If you mean the cyborg electro crab thing. No you can't make a robot with free will, nor can you give anything your creating powers. That comes from the ship and the God himself, you can't just give it away like some sort of twinkie.

That said, you could make a robot and program it to do just about anything you like, should the rolls hold.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2010, 01:47:43 am »

Use the chromium link chain to link together the strong iron kopis and the steel gladius.

Strike a pose

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 31, 2010, 03:03:07 am »

As the bears are in group storage now:

Take a bear, and while still keeping it alive, remove everything inside it except the skin. The result should be a live hollow-bear.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 31, 2010, 03:15:34 am »

Spoiler: preferred action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: backup (click to show/hide)
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 31, 2010, 06:46:32 am »

Spoiler: preferred action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: backup (click to show/hide)

Nice try, but there's so much NO in that first action, that saying no, just dosen't cut it. I advise against blatently trying to get around rules like this in the future. If you keep trying it, or if anyone else trys too much metagaming like this, the Smiths' hammer will come down hard, and You'll find yourself loosing influence, items, or even your player spot. Don't knowingly try and push the boundries of the game, just tempting fate that way.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:32 am »

I was expecting to be kicked out of the round and dumped on the bottom of the waiting list.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »

Hrm. I see only four things wrong:
1. Shifty inventory movement to get around inventory caps
2. Using Grek's soul, which you don't have
3. Leaping off the ship
4. Becoming a villain instead of a crafter
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45