Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71537 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 9, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »

1. I have been doing that for a while now, making inventory access only before crafting might be a good idea.

2: The rest of it is just an attempt to do something different, and get Grek back. Being summoned to replace someone who basically died due to the timetable being more important than us left my character with a bit of a different perspective. But I am enjoying the crafting if you want to leave all the characterisation nonsense out of it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

This really is a very standardized game. You can express yourself however you like, but it's not like a full RTD where you can do actions outside of the three main Gather/Craft/Trade.

And honestly, I don't know why you pick now to do any of it, heh there's only 4 more turns before cycle shift, and then everyone playing currently will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list if they so choose.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #377 on: January 31, 2010, 05:55:52 pm »

Trade. I trade my shield and the biome. I'll put the eggs back in the group storage.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 31, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »

Waiting on a solid action from Phantom, then I can do the rolls if I feel up to it. Might be delayed until tomorrow anyway.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 01, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »

-.- still no action from phantom?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:31 pm »

Step 1: Slaughter ONE bear.

Step 2: Use Bear skin for a fuel link cable between the Chainsaw and Fuel Barrel. (Like a chainsaw)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:50 pm »

ok actions are in, I'll see if I can't make a turn tonight. Dealing with some illness lately, and have a huge migrane right now, so may still be a delay. I will get it up in the next day or so though.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »

Oh no! get better soon Haika!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:01 am »

I want in on the next available cycle.

River the gatherer

Oh and by the way, hope you feel better. i know what migraines feel like.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 04, 2010, 07:52:12 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Get a whale bone from storage and carve scenes from the worlds we've visited into it...Craft
attempt: 9
You take a bone from storage and attempt to carve a sort of image diary of the worlds and locations you've seen during your divine travel. However engraving bone is a very delicate thing, and your not that delicate. Putting just a bit too much power into one gouge you shatter the bone, sending small bits of fossil dust everywhere.
+9 bone engraving exp

Use the chromium link chain to link together the strong iron kopis and the steel gladius.
attempt: 48+20=68
quality: 90
base influence: 38+90+45(kopis)+40(chain)+75(gladius)=288
Taking your weapons and your chain in hand, you think about how you can make them more awesome. Heating the ends of the chain into a glowing red, you adhere them to the hilts of the weapons. Spinning them around with the chain makes for an extremely deadly weapon. Holding your new sword-chucks proudly you pose for a moment, even though no one is looking.
+68 exotic weapon assembly
+288 crafting influence
- strong iron kopis !base influence: 91!
- Chromium Link chain !base influence: 80!
- Steel Gladius  !base influence: 150!
+ Kopis-Gladius Sword Chucks !base influence: 288!

Send the bears to storage.
Use Bear skin for a fuel link cable between the Chainsaw and Fuel Barrel. (Like a chainsaw)
attempt: 56
quality: 97
base influence: 75
Slaughtering the only adult bear, you take hold of the skin and begin to clean it and tan it. Stretching the inner side and wrapping it around you end up with a furry tube. You seal this with a little of your powers comming up with a fully functioning bear skin fuel hose about six feet long.
+56 leather crafting exp
+75 crafting influence
+ 1 black bear skin fuel hose !base influence: 75!
Note: you don't have a fuel barrel, you have an oil barrel. If you want a fuel barrel, going to need a crafting action to refine the oil first. As well as an assembly action to connect it to the chainsaw.

As the bears are in group storage now:

Take a bear, and while still keeping it alive, remove everything inside it except the skin. The result should be a live hollow-bear.
attempt: 90+20=110
quality: 67
base influence: 95+67=162
Taking one of the bear cubs from storage, you lead it over to your work area and prepare for your change on it. Dabbling in a little black magic is easy enough, a pentagram on the floor, and a little of the mother bear's blood borrowed from Elias' butchery improves your chances. Removing the inside materials of the cub, you replace the inner workings with an empty darkness. the new hollow type creature is still alive with nothing but a moving skin, claws, teeth, and pits of bottomless darkness as eyes.
+220 demon creation(~Levelup!~)
+324 crafting influence
- black bear cub
+ hollow demon cub !base influence: 162!

I craft by making a 'living' metalcloth mask with a woven starcloth backing bound with RAMium metal. It will shape itself as its wearer wishes.
attempt: 77+20=97
quality: 91
base influence: 81+91+38(starcloth)+73(metalcloth)+56(ramium)=339
Inspiration strikes as you turn your creative powers to making a mask. Weaving some of the starcloth into a sphere shape, you lattice the front with your living metalcloth. Then bending a piece of ramium metal into a ring, you place that at the base. With a few splendidly delicate twists of the metals you engrave tiny runes of power along the ramium. The final product is blindingly bright as the starcloth gives off it's plasma power and is then reflected in the shine of the metals. Upon wearing this mask has the power to encase the wearer in a full suit of armor, based upon the inner soul of the bearer.
+194 Milinery exp(~Levelup!~)
+678 crafting influence o.o
- unit of woven starcloth !base influence: 77!
- unit of 'living' metalcloth !base influence:146!
- bar of RAMium metal. !Base Influence: 113!
+ brilliant living soul mask !Base Influence: 339!

Trade. I trade my shield and the biome. I'll put the eggs back in the group storage.
attempt: 54-10+1=45
You head out into the world, thinking that perhaps the mountain fortress is abandoned and maybe there are other civilizations around but sadly, you only find wilderness. At the end of the day you return to the ship with your items.
+45 trade exp(~Levelup!~)

A loud pitched wine accompanies this last shift. A female voice comvers over the speaker as soon as the former world dissapears from the viewport. "Creators should be advised that cycle functions will be initiated within three days from the current time. All active creators will be returned to sleep storage after that time limit." As the ship comes to a stop on the new world, the whine stops, but a red light above the exit portal blinks an ominous orange.

World Difficulty:

And there we go, lots of massive rolls this time around, and a fun new world to explore. Though it's hard to see what one might get on the last world of a cycle. And sorry again about the delays, I've been doing a lot of things lately, so may have to shoot for a 3-4 day update schedule. We will see how it goes. I will message the next cycle people after the next turn, hopefully people are awake and able to respond within a few days. Also added River to Cycle 3.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 10, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #385 on: February 04, 2010, 08:41:56 pm »

I claim 1 unit each of RAMium metal, woven starcloth, and 'living' metalcloth.
I Request 2 appropriate pieces of equipment and craft a pair of armoured boots with RAMium metal bodies, 'living' metalcloth soles and fasteners, and innersoles composed of off-green plasma contained within woven starcloth.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 04, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »

Refine the oil.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:42:12 pm by Phantom »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:53 pm »

Bonecraft

Take a whale bone and carve it into a new staff. Then attach the bear skull to the top and add bear claws as decoration.

(Hopefully this run of bad luck will end before the cycle does.)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48:41 pm »

Actually thunder, from all that i have read you have had some of the best luck up until that big-bada-boom incident. though i thought it was humorous, the way the staff ended up stuck in the floor, even if you did get heavily dinged, that sucked, even from my POV.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 04, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »

I actually forgot that staff ended up in the floor...Might try to get it out later...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45