Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Future Succession Game for New Version  (Read 7663 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Future Succession Game for New Version
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 04:34:06 am »

If I can figure out how to load up a mod I will
Thank you based dwarf.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 05:06:57 am »

If I can figure out how to load up a mod I will

Dont worry, I will put in comprehensive installation instructions. Albeit, they will be quite short, since its only one step, but it is understandably confusing to those who have never gotten mods before.

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 12:22:01 pm »

I mod my own game, but have no clue how to make my modded code replace the code of the old creatures when I give the file to somebody else. Only way I can think of is to make the entire DF folder the download.
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 08:56:37 pm »

Ok, I finished the first raws for the magnatars (their mounts).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now just imagine them being ridden by large, orc-like creatures with full iron armor and weapons. ;)

A few questions though:

Does [WAGON_PULLER] allow them to be one of the 2 free animals received on embark from the wagon? Or is there a way to limit it to only a race I choose, since I don't want dwarves to get their grubby little hands on them?

Are their biomes not restricted enough? I don't want them running around in the joyous wilds, slaughtering the 7 dwarves of an unprepared newbie, yet easily accessible to the race I mod in and able to find them in the wild on evil maps.

What's the best way to make these things unavailable to dwarves? What can I do to make them the common choice of the modded civ, yet dwarves wont even tame them?

Thanks all, Can't wait 'till I start this!

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 10:47:37 am »

Looks great so far. You might want to wait before you type out some of the creature codes, though; the tags will have changed a lot by the time the next version is released.

Also, would you consider renaming the Kull to Urgals? Then, around one in seven of the Urgals born would turn into Kull, who'd be a lot bigger and harder to kill. 1 in, say, 100 of them could turn into a Ra'zac, who'd have the same abilities as in the book. I'm pretty sure it'll be possible to do that after the next release, anyways. It'd add a bit of variety to the civ.
Just throwing out ideas here :)
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

Looks great so far. You might want to wait before you type out some of the creature codes, though; the tags will have changed a lot by the time the next version is released.

Also, would you consider renaming the Kull to Urgals? Then, around one in seven of the Urgals born would turn into Kull, who'd be a lot bigger and harder to kill. 1 in, say, 100 of them could turn into a Ra'zac, who'd have the same abilities as in the book. I'm pretty sure it'll be possible to do that after the next release, anyways. It'd add a bit of variety to the civ.
Just throwing out ideas here :)

Yea, I am definatly going to rename the Kull, but I don't really want the other things from Eragon. I want my own mod, not really an "Eragon mod"

I know that the raws will be completely revamped, but I do want to give people a preview of what they will fight.

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 07:20:33 am »

Im in :P

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 08:47:20 pm »

I mod my own game, but have no clue how to make my modded code replace the code of the old creatures when I give the file to somebody else. Only way I can think of is to make the entire DF folder the download.

Yes, I've done some research for this, but I wasn't able to find a clear answer. I am also looking a way to do this, it will be great if some expert can explain the way of replacing old codes ( I mean sharing codes ). Thanks.
I believe you would simply need to replace the raws folder, or the individual files within if they aren't all modified. Replacing the whole thing would be simpler, obviously.
On that note, I'd like to reserve a spot, though if the Mac version hasn't come out by my turn I won't be able to play.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 08:48:24 pm »

You more or less give the raws that have been altered/added up for download. The downloader then just puts them in the correct folder and replaces the existing txt file of the same name (if applicable)

Ninja'd

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 12:00:53 am »

The last spot shall be MIIIINNNEEE!!!!
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 03:31:43 am »

Don't worry, there will be other spots, I was too lazy at the time to make the "11-, 12-, etc"

There really isnt any set end point. I may decide who's turn will be the "last," based on various leaders successes and the amount of interest shown.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:46:35 am »

Sign me up sounds like fun, Do send a PM when time comes around though since it'll be so long before the actual start, waiting on the new version + mod + first players.

I'm a noob when it comes to mods but is there anything restricting these mounts to your kulls only? I'm sure there's some such tag or its in the civ's coz only elves can ride unicorns and goblins ride beak dogs and whatnot. Evil/Good/Neutral tags of animal related to the civ or? I'm just curious.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 02:07:42 pm »

Ok, I guess that I should send a message to everyone during the start point.

But as far as mounts go, I am not entire sure how it will work, but for the current version, I was looking through the goblin raws and tried to figure it out from there. (ie look for anything mount/beak dog related, but change it to a different thing)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:36 pm »

gimme a spot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5