Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Future Succession Game for New Version  (Read 7653 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Future Succession Game for New Version
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:35:44 pm »

I plan to run a brand new succession fort once the new version comes out.

It will be based off my mod, which will be made for the new release. This mod is pretty hefty, but it will only add some civs, creatures, a megabeast and possibly some assorted items. The mod, which I have informally called the Paranormal Mod was made to include several animals/creatures/beings that I have seen in culture, movies, books, music etc. The reason its called the Paranormal mod isn't from the presence of ghosts and such, its because the most inspirational stuff is that from mystery/horror films and music and entertainment that focuses on the psychedelic images, visions, and some of the most creative monsters ever.

The fortress itself is geared toward military and the Dwarf-Kull War. The Kull are massive orcish monsters (inspired by a fantasy novel) that have always had conflict with dwarves. They rival the goblins in malice, but far surpass any human in toughness and brute strength. Although their numbers are not great, they still manage to fight off massive invasions. Along with their massive Magnetar mounts (inspired from music video, Dark Ambient genre), they aren't the easiest to bring down, oh and their steel/iron armor doesnt make it easier. These dwarves have been sent with their first leader to establish a military base just north of one of the Kull's largest cities.

As for the fortress itself, it is geared toward military and little else. Try to keep the spirit of the game, as I want this to be a military based focusing on Kull destruction. The fortress will have miners, a small wood industry, a strong smithing industry, a crafting sector (to increase migration) and everyone else is a military\farmer\doctor. Eventually it will take on the Boatmurdered mentality, where its the "miners military and the guys keeping them alive."

I would really like to keep this idea, but its still preliminary. The actual first year will not be played until a couple weeks after the release, to let me make the mod and find a good site. Please feel free to start reserving turns, and also make suggestions as to what features you would like (keep the theme of the fort in mind as well as fps problems that may arise).

Reserves:
1- madjoe5
2- rykue
3-killaconcarnage
4-Lazareth
5- madjoe5
6-TheHunger
7- Sulvor
8- x2yzh9
9- Defiance
10- Duelmaster409
11- Viprince
12- Jetsquirrel
13- Wiiking
14- ajar
15- gumball135
16- dwarfcarpmantis
17-
18-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:10:09 am by madjoe5 »

Rykue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future Succession Game for New Version
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:41:51 pm »

sure i will love to.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:44:57 pm »

The fortress itself is geared toward military and the Dwarf-Kull War. The Kull are massive orcish monsters (inspired by a fantasy novel) that have always had conflict with dwarves.

Eragon?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:03 pm »

i will join

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:46:36 pm »

The fortress itself is geared toward military and the Dwarf-Kull War. The Kull are massive orcish monsters (inspired by a fantasy novel) that have always had conflict with dwarves.

Eragon?

Yes indeed,

Spots are going to be updated, I'm assuming that I will put people in the order in which they responded

Lazareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:59 pm »

Poastin for war

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »

Poastin for war

Eh, this means u want in right...?

Darn children and their lingo

TheHunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:38:21 pm »

I'll take the next available spot.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 01:25:43 am »

Ok, all looks good.

As long as no one drops out, we should defiantly start once my mod is complete. One or two more dedicateds would not hurt though, just to keep the succession alive for a while.

Heres a preliminary list as to the things I will put in my mod:

Civs-
Kull
Fire/Ice Quarks- Small elemant based creatures with Cold/Heat attacks respectivly, weak otherwise
Some (animal)man
Orcs
A Desert Dwelling Civ- descriptive, I know...

Creatures-
Megaladon- massive shark, maybe of megabeast status
Magnetar- Kull's mount and major food source
Flying Snake- venomous, flying, is explanation necessary?
Crystalline Horse- mount used by both Quark civ's
Fenrir- hostile mammals in mountainous regions
Froglet- small, fast frogperson, very poisonous
Etri- basic game animal, comes in several varieties

Plants-
Tobacco and Cannabis- nuff said

Weapons-
Nun-chucks
Glaive- as well as a mini-glaive for dwarf use
Knife
Coiled Sword http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi
Brass Knuckles- will be able to make from different materials
Yari- Small spear, knife-sized, less stick chance, less crit chance

Armor-
Scale armor- level of chain, more protection, heavier, less movability
Llamalar- crafted scale armor made from horn, ivory, cloth and thread

Alloys-
Tumbaga- a gold alloy that is used to make low quality armor, however very light
Cast Iron- a cheaper alternative to steal, nearly twice as heavy, but slightly more protective
Metallic Silver- silver smelted with bisthmuthine, which greatly increases the quality of silver weapons

Edit: I've also decided to change the name of the mod and I am going to brainstorm rules for ingame as well as the method of passing on your save. Also, a suitable fortress name is in order (again the theme!). Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:29:08 am by madjoe5 »

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 04:05:55 am »

a guerrilla warfare theme example: the dwarven fortress of Kul-Menathos has been attacked by the Kull the Kull destroyed 2/3 of the fortress now the survivors must drive the kull off or die trying
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

I'm game. Your mod sounds impressive. Can't wait to tame me some War Fenris (or whatever their plural form is) and outfit my dwarves with steel knuckles. By the way, I think you should rename the Kull, anything would be okay. Even Uruk or Olag. LOTR > Eragon.
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »

I'm game. Your mod sounds impressive. Can't wait to tame me some War Fenris (or whatever their plural form is) and outfit my dwarves with steel knuckles. By the way, I think you should rename the Kull, anything would be okay. Even Uruk or Olag. LOTR > Eragon.

Yea, I see what you mean. I might rename it to something completely different, as they are the only creature that has the same name as the thing they are from. Glad you like it so far.

Lazareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 06:31:32 pm »

Reckon you could also add Katars to the weapons?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_(sword)

Its sorta a mix of a knife and x knuckles (x being a metal name). It has a blade, but you attack in punches or slashes

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 06:37:12 pm »

Reckon you could also add Katars to the weapons?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_(sword)

Its sorta a mix of a knife and x knuckles (x being a metal name). It has a blade, but you attack in punches or slashes

yea, sure, it isnt a big leap from the knuckles. Note that the list is still new, and is subject to change, shortening and adding of items.

Rykue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 08:42:11 pm »

Cant wait till it comes out!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5