Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Future Succession Game for New Version  (Read 7642 times)

Wiiking

• Bay Watcher
  • Overproducing plump helmets
    • View Profile
Re: Future Succession Game for New Version
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 09:29:41 am »

Aye, count me in if you are still recruiting. If everything goes well, I won't be the end of your fort :)

And indeed the raws will change a lot. Those all-new layer tags and stuff.

With the new version I don't think we need anything else than sand and the stone for plaster in the embark.

And if what we've heard is true and you can set the number of Z tiles in the world gen, do set it up to quite a lot, won't you.
"He's Wiiking. He can do anything." -Metabie
"What Wiiking did was quite smart." -Dare
"Wiiking hits it right on the nail if you ask me." -Nedstar
"Wiiking is supah powah!" -Shotking

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:53 am »

Aye, count me in if you are still recruiting. If everything goes well, I won't be the end of your fort :)

And indeed the raws will change a lot. Those all-new layer tags and stuff.

With the new version I don't think we need anything else than sand and the stone for plaster in the embark.

And if what we've heard is true and you can set the number of Z tiles in the world gen, do set it up to quite a lot, won't you.

Yes. I tend to make a fairly large fortress, with most, if not all features available. Remember the style of this is very militarized. The majority of the population will be military and doctors. Aside from them, its metal workers and farmers and not much else.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 09:35:53 am »

Is there still room for me?

sigh

Don't charge the enemy with miners, military. They'll die. Attack Kull with LEGENDARY Champions. Remark: Otherwise it would be best if those miners had mining lasers attached to their headbands.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:38:16 pm by ajar »
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:40:17 pm »

I'd say the new version will be packed with plenty of Fun, with or without new modded beasties. Toady seems to be mentioning a lot of 'Gigantic underground beasts' in the Dev_Now, and 'Dead dwarves' are usually also mentioned in the same sentence.

That said, sign me up please :)
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »

I'm surprised by the great outcome so far. All spots have been updated and I just hope that not too many people pull the "I forgot and now I can't," or some other reason as to why they can't play their turn.

As for the mod, I have been brainstorming a bit and coming up with some great ideas (at least in my own mind). Can't wait to really begin.

Also: Do you guys think that it would be wise to start some of the creatures, and just base them off of the cougar raws that were released? I kinda want to get a headstart, but it might get outdated by the actual release or something.

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
  • [SHARK] [FLIER] [SIZE:1600]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 08:45:39 pm »

Count me in. i just hope the fortress lasts that long.
first sucession game for me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:26 am »

lol i laughed at your avatar. Is it from a movie?

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 02:10:31 pm »

yeah. mega shark vs. mega squid, and it's probably one of the worst movies ever made. it's so bad, that unless it's out of context, you can't laugh at at any of the scenes like this. if you plan on watching it, bring either eye bleach or a blunt object to bash the memories out of your head.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:56:41 pm by carpfishmantis »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »

i watched final destination 4 yesterday and  IT SUCKED MONKEY BALLS

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »

yeah. mega shark vs. mega squid, and it's probably one of the worst movies ever made. it's so bad, that unless it's out of context, you can't laugh at at any of the scenes like this. if you plan on watching it, bring either eye bleach or a blunt object to bash the memories out of your head.
The title is Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus, if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it, but if it's like any of the other SciFi SyFy original movies I've seen, then your assessment is spot on.
EDIT: Wow, I just wiki'd it, and apparently that movie saw an actual theatrical release. Wat.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:13:20 pm by tfaal »
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

carpfishmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:58 pm »

The title is Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus, if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it, but if it's like any of the other SciFi SyFy original movies I've seen, then your assessment is spot on.
EDIT: Wow, I just wiki'd it, and apparently that movie saw an actual theatrical release. Wat.
NOTE TO SELF: as evidenced by me not remembering the exact name of the movie, i have theorized that bludgeoning one's head with a 7-iron is a slightly effective method of amnesia.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:15 am »

I don't particularly want a turn, but I will be following this very closely. And I may steal some of the mod.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:20 am »

I don't particularly want a turn, but I will be following this very closely. And I may steal some of the mod.

Oh yes, I must mention that I am releasing the mod as part of an unrelated project to the general public. It will come first, and I will post to dffd and on the modding forum sometime after the release.

Once that is finished, then this succession fort will run.

Wiiking

• Bay Watcher
  • Overproducing plump helmets
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 05:07:11 pm »

Resurrecting this for great justice. I do not forget.
 ;)
Now that the new version is out, we can finally begin.
We are still doing this, right?
"He's Wiiking. He can do anything." -Metabie
"What Wiiking did was quite smart." -Dare
"Wiiking hits it right on the nail if you ask me." -Nedstar
"Wiiking is supah powah!" -Shotking

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 05:48:44 pm »

Of course! I'll start this once my mod is done. Right now I would consider it nearly 30-40% done with some sort of release around next weekend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5