Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: An ambush! Skulking vermin?  (Read 1726 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
An ambush! Skulking vermin?
« on: December 29, 2009, 08:04:47 am »

I didnt know kobolds ambushed too... this is certainly the first time it happened to me.

Its not another entity that has kobolds in it, as they are using equipement from kobold entities. I did add a modded race, but it didnt affect kobolds, and there are no duplicate entries. (I did check the error log)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: An ambush! Skulking vermin?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:10:39 am »

If they steal enough of value from you, they WILL send ambush parties. They retreat either when they've suffered a few losses, or their archers use up all their arrows. Assuming they have archers with them, and it's not a copper-spear armed murdersquad who hate your guts.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:11:21 am »

Kobolds do ambush you if they manage to steal enough items.

NINJA!

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:26:09 am »

I like watching GCS' ambush Kobolds.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »

Almost lost a base to a kobold ambush once. Of course, this was after a giant had rampaged through it.

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:16:46 pm »

An adorable force of cute has arrived!

I've never had the kobolds siege me before, even had them swipe an artifact, twice. D'oh! I wonder what the threshold is.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 01:25:25 pm »

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a kobold siege. Should mod that in, though.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 02:05:33 pm »

They're a little bit more threatening when the ambush shows up with 4 bowmen...  it's much easier to make sure that your stocks are properly secured.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 02:15:36 pm »

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a kobold siege. Should mod that in, though.

Did you read the first post Halceon?
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

TheHunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 02:25:29 pm »

ambush /= seige

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:31 pm »

An adorable force of cute has arrived!

I've never had the kobolds siege me before, even had them swipe an artifact, twice. D'oh! I wonder what the threshold is.
Hmm, all they stole was a bunch of GCS clothes. The place former owner died in was where some rather deadly modded-in creature resided. My fort was still in its 1st year, so I just ignored it.

I wonder what the threshhold indeed, maybe by the time goblins can ambush and siege the kobolds dont get much of a priority? Dunno, I had them steal more then that, including an artifact, without ambushes.

Also, those kobolds wernt so cute. The little buggers stabbed my architect/appaiser/mechanic in the heart with their copper sticks of organ mangling. Now I cant see whats worth what :-\

Lastly, Halceon might be refering only to the sieges that get anounced like 'an evil force of darkness has arrived'. If not, then yeah... read before posting.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 03:31:03 pm »

ambush /= seige

Siege: many enemys arrive yelling "A vile force of darkness!!!"
Ambush: Few enemy arrive stealthed.

AFAIK kobolds don't siege, but their ambushes can be annying.

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 04:54:29 pm »

Don't the elves behave the same way when angered?
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

SenorOcho

• Bay Watcher
  • Strategy Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »

No, Elf sieges still trigger a "The enemy have come" message, even though the elves promptly go into hiding on arrival.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 07:01:50 pm »

Dont underestimate the might of a kobold ambush party. Ages ago I once  had a fort where they somehow managed to sneak thru the entrance, the barracks  down several busy hallways only to be revealed by a kitten in a little used hallway near my artifact room.I think they managed to kill about 8 of my civilian dwarves before the military came and ripped them to shreds.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.
Pages: [1] 2