Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help a Newbie  (Read 1980 times)

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
Re: Help a Newbie
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 10:35:15 am »

I did the Tarzan challenge once, accidentally, when I didn't know having wrestling as your highest skill would start you out without weapons or armor.  As a kobold.  While exploring the cave for phat l3wtz, a cave crocodile attacked me.  I threw sand, then strangled it to death.

Then on the way to the nearest humie town, I got attacked by a half dozen cougars and bears, while still unarmed.  Threw rocks, strangled them all, survived.

Got a spear and shield, then encountered my first wolf pack.  That had to be the most epic and memorable battle I've ever had.  Started next to a murky pool, and got knocked in along with 2 wolves.  Somehow managed to survive with only a broken leg, while fighting the 2 in the water, and 2 more on the shore!

I crawled out and saw one of the shore wolves limping away.  Unable to stand on the broken leg, I gave chase and finished it off.  That'll teach you to attack things that are smaller than you!  But then 2 more wolves ran out from behind trees, in opposite directions, and charged!  I stabbed one in the upper body, and the spear got stuck, so I grabbed the other one by the neck with my -iron shield-.  Alternating between twisting the spear and strangling the other wolf, I defeated the entire pack.  As a kobold wrestler wearing nothing but a tunic and loincloth.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 04:03:23 am »

Just mod in a bandanna and go Rambo style! and go killed everybody you see.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Majorlag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 12:13:51 am »

Throwing while sneaking will allow you to take down pretty much anything. And you don't even have to throw anything good. Sand, water, corpses, coins... its pretty much all the same. Just keep throwing until they are sufficiently injured then gouge their eyes out and break their limbs. They're pretty easy to kill after that.
The True Adventures of ___________

Insight into the minds of Dwarf Fortress Players - Random Quote of the Month:
He once spent a week visiting a cave in which there lived seven giants.  Each day, he would come in, track down each of the giants, and beat it to the point of unconsciousness.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 02:01:53 am »

Or rip their brain and heart out with the embedded tag and run away.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 05:32:50 am »

Those tags aren't advisable with wrasslin' Megabeasts, if you like your organs where they are.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 07:17:24 pm »

Those tags aren't advisable with wrasslin' Megabeasts, if you like your organs where they are.
Hah who needs organs!

Horseplank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:29 pm »

I did the Tarzan challenge once...

Epic story.
The Wolf's head flies off in a bloody arc!

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 03:09:37 am »

Just mod in a bandanna and go Rambo style! and go killed everybody you see.

*ahem*

Don't forget that you need a large iron dagger, too, and if you want to go Rambo 3 style, you need to carry a bow, with (modded in) fire arrows!

Actually... this sounds fun...
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.
Pages: 1 [2]