Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25310 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »

Oh also, I'm going to be uploading a few videos I made for a different game, The Guild 2, just to see if anybody has any interest in an LP of it.  Fear not, I recorded these ... god weeks ago, and adventure mode is my LP of choice, but I needed to have a different game to play in between DF bouts.  So I figure 1 TG2 a week and the rest, adventurmodes!

I'm fine with you lets playing The Guild 2! I tried to play it myself, but it wouldn't work on my computer. :\

Luna

• Bay Watcher
  • [AMPHIBIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2010, 07:48:02 pm »

These are awesome, I'm working my way through them right now. I'm at 30 right now.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:25 pm »

I'm fine with you lets playing The Guild 2! I tried to play it myself, but it wouldn't work on my computer. :\

Yeah, it can be difficult to get working.  Make sure you run it with the most current patch (1.4 or 1.3 if you can't get 1.4)

Glad you're enjoying them Luna, it's been lots of fun... and insanity.  Pretty sure the Adventure Mode Let's Play is a result of an IRL strange mood =)
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

powell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2010, 10:46:24 am »

I actually got the Guild 2 after seeing your videos, got it working pretty good. Hoping you could do more of the Guild 2 sometime.

edit: and I just notice that 8 and 9 are posted :D

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2010, 04:12:20 pm »

I just got the guild 2 about a day before I found you made videos of it, great game, fun to watch too.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go watch those new videos.

Edit: I actually got the guild 2, pirates, which is apparently a standalone expansion which includes piracy and naval trading. I really don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:40:47 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2010, 01:27:18 am »

once the new version of DF comes out, I'll [...] do some more adventuring to explore the new new-ness of it all.

...and hopefully never use this mod again... -_-
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:04:01 am by Alehkhs »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2010, 08:09:38 am »

I'm pretty sure Civ Forge's megabeasts are built to withstand fifty-legendary-dwarf pileups in fortress mode.

There's no way a single adventurer can take them on, barring a thrown spear that pierces every single vital, and nonvital, organ at the same time.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2010, 11:16:27 am »

Oh yes, it'll be back to vanilla for me.  I don't really grasp the appeal of modding fully.  I suppose it was interesting to wonder, for a moment, what I might run in to ... but then whatever it was evaporated in the heat of the f'd up world or immediately killed me in an entirely unentertaining way.

Here's hoping toady has some more madness in store for us adventurefolk!

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »

These were absolutely great to watch and listen to.  Your running commentary never failed to entertain.  I loved them, and hope you'll continue to make more.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2010, 09:34:32 pm »

I've watched every single Let's Play from Jef. I especially liked the Guild 2 ones, and I'm considering getting it myself.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2010, 10:02:36 pm »

You guys are awesome =)  Yes yes, many more, I must keep duelmaster busy, right? ;D

I just started a new let's play, Liberal Crime Squad (another Bay12 game, very similar to adventure mode in some ways) and plan on doing that for a bit until the new version of DF is released, and, probably beyond as well.  Also, just as a side note, I will be using fallen adventure mode heroes to name my LCS members, so, don't be surprised if you turn up as a crackhead or a prostitute in another one of my Lp's!

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the support and comments, and can't wait to get more up there for ya.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »

You guys are awesome =)  Yes yes, many more, I must keep duelmaster busy, right? ;D

I just started a new let's play, Liberal Crime Squad (another Bay12 game, very similar to adventure mode in some ways) and plan on doing that for a bit until the new version of DF is released, and, probably beyond as well.  Also, just as a side note, I will be using fallen adventure mode heroes to name my LCS members, so, don't be surprised if you turn up as a crackhead or a prostitute in another one of my Lp's!

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the support and comments, and can't wait to get more up there for ya.

Keep me busy you must, for I am armed with a cup FULL of hot chocolate.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2010, 10:21:16 pm »

Alright, time to 'e' my -=Bulk Upload=- for a multi-grasp attack!

... Thought, that wouldn't actually work, I'd have to 'r' it, I guess ... Semantics!  The gauntlet has been thrown!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2010, 11:20:25 pm »

Godsdamn Jef; you're like the "Mom & Pop Store" of Let's Play. I've often considered bringing these oft-overlooked games to the LP scene (or just doing LPs in general), but with you around, I don't feel I need to.

Keep it up!

On a further note: I'd rather be a trusted general than a lowly meat shield follower ... I'm already the Sorrow of Poets...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:44:21 am by Alehkhs »

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:07 pm »

LCS LP? My wish has been answered!

Again Jef these are awesome and now with Coco out of commission they do a good job filling that empty viewing time slot :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19