Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25302 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2010, 02:20:39 pm »

Awesome, glad you are enjoying it! 

Here's the seed information, I didn't change any params or anything, just hit the Generate world button on a fresh install.

from my gamelog,

Generating world using parameter set MEDIUM
 Seed: 3913336832
 History Seed: 374896128
 Name Seed: 3137106432

Also, I figure what I'll do once Noloc finally bites it, is I'll just host and post the save game file in case anybody wants to adventure or build a fort in the world where Noloc wandered, as well as check out the legends screen, etc. 
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »

I watched the first 10 vids, nice work   ;D
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2010, 12:29:26 am »

Also, I figure what I'll do once Noloc finally bites it, is I'll just host and post the save game file in case anybody wants to adventure or build a fort in the world where Noloc wandered, as well as check out the legends screen, etc. 

After that, how about a new world? An alternate existence, where even the dead might walk again...

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2010, 06:36:41 am »

2d adv mode? with the hidden undead tombs and ruins?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

cooz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

Or some custom made world with lots still alive megabeasts?

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:03 pm »

2d adv mode? with the hidden undead tombs and ruins?

I did a test using dwarf companion, I dug a little deathtrap in dwarf mode next to sharkcovers on a chasm and then turned all my dwarves into zombies and skeletons and locked them in the deathtrap/tomb and tried to adventure there, but they were all gone when I got there. Replaced with Troglodytes in the still locked room.

Sure would be fun to set up a tomb like that to LP explore with such a blinged out adventurer. Anyone have any suggestions for that?

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:22 pm »

I've just found, and watched all those videos(Edit) the videos in the playlist, and would just like to say I liked watching.(And will be checking in regularly to see if there are updates)(edit) watching the rest of them, this post was made after viewing number 39, which is last in the playlist, so some/all of these points may be outdated already)

A few things though.

To view legends mode while playing, make a backup of your save, then have your adventurer give in to starvation/retire. You can check legends after that, and then just continue playing on the backup as if nothing happened.(Make sure to save first, and then make the backup. I suggest also testing the backup before trying anything just to be safe.)

The human ranger in the goblin tower was most likely kidnapped by goblins as a child, and then grew into a ranger with his new friends. Goblins steal children, so those thieves you found? They go to nearby villages and take their kids. There have been reports of goblin towers populated entirely by kidnapped elves, humans and dwarves.

A small suggestion for if you run out of ideas, you can climb a mountain peak, the game will give you a little pop-up window of "You reached the summit of Mount Urist". It's a lot of walking, and some small searching for the right path up. In a similar vein, you can search a dwarven settlement with tunnels connecting them to other dwarf places, then walk the whole tunnel. I wouldn't recommend that though, they are worse then searching the dwarf king.(And you cant use the travel mode to get out once you're in them)

And for the thread's discussion, I believe there was a map made especially for adventuring in, with several players making their own forts for the purpose of exploring in adventure mode. Not sure what the name of the thread was. I've made a few forts for it myself, as tip, go easy on the traps, and no cage traps. Traps are really nasty for adventurers(Stonefall, weapon, and cage traps are very painful. Weapon traps may just hurt a bit depending on the weapon.)

Edit: Some small changes since I noticed the let's play doesn't stop when the playlist stops, I'm probably just tired as it's 1 am here.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:11:09 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2010, 07:12:48 pm »

Valcon: When you're out of stuff to do, maybe consider taking forts from other players and explore them in adventure mode?

Still enjoying these, by the way.

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2010, 07:16:40 pm »

I thought of the same thing. Adventure wonderland or something like that...It would be really fun to watch since I haven't seen any of the stuff that's been created in that world. Still it would be epic to abandon with zombies and skeletons locked everywhere in your fort. I'm not the best with mechanical stuff, but mostly I'd want traps that could be reset if the first adventurer dies. One off use pressure plates destroy themselves, so we can't use those, but normal pressure plates, you could just walk over them again to reset the drawbridge or wall that closed behind you, or turn off the water flowing into the room.

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:04 pm »

excellent series: morbidly funny, somewhat randomly hilarious, and just plain morbid(just like DF). Also regularly updated, a good thing (and 500 minutes of my life gone ;) ).

Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2010, 10:02:50 pm »

Oh, hey, didn't notice there were new videos - I had subscribed to "[Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Adventure Mode]", which went up to episode 39 and then stopped. Upon checking your other videos, I found that the current episode is #50.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:56 pm »

Oh, hey, didn't notice there were new videos - I had subscribed to "[Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Adventure Mode]", which went up to episode 39 and then stopped. Upon checking your other videos, I found that the current episode is #50.

Oh my ... I think I forgot to keep adding them to the playlist D=  Sorry about that!

Also, 51 now, and 52 as soon as it's done encoding!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

Re the 51st episode:  WHAT.

Edit:  I expect redorf'd.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:50:16 pm by calrogman »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2010, 11:29:19 pm »

Oh crap. I'll need to take a day off to catch up.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2010, 12:17:18 am »

Re the 51st episode:  WHAT.

Cool, it looks like I killed you.

Looks like the start of a loyalty cascade, probably triggered by trying to "save" Raneman.

[edit] And now I'm dead.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:21:40 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19