Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25270 times)

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 11:33:54 pm »

In legends mode, click on sites or civs and then press "d" to export a detailed map. All the town info was just from reading the history of the major civs and writing down when each town was founded and stepping through historical maps year by year.

Oh, yea I know how to get a map, I really meant where did you get the world file? Did Valcon post it somewhere? or is it a common file from the wiki?

Meanwhile, we're at a cliff-hanger now (KAY!!!), and my incarnation still hasn't picked up a beter weapon than her tunic...  >:(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:35:56 pm by Alehkhs »

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 12:33:11 am »

Really ... is there a better weapon than a stolen elven tunic?  I think not!

I just emailed dasqoot the region file as long as he promised not to spoiler any of the stuff I hadn't experienced yet.  He introduced me to DF a few years ago and we've been friends IRL for like, 15 years or something, so I trust him.

As for the cliffhanger, I left my comp encoding so when I get home tonight, the story shall continue!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 12:39:38 am »

I'm now up-to-date and will continue following this highly enjoyable LP! I'd love an expendable follower as well, whenever you restock.

-ed: Also, that river 'experience'? Oh man. I snrked loudly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:30:11 am by Retro »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 12:56:13 am »

Really ... is there a better weapon than a stolen elven tunic?  I think not!

I just emailed dasqoot the region file as long as he promised not to spoiler any of the stuff I hadn't experienced yet.  He introduced me to DF a few years ago and we've been friends IRL for like, 15 years or something, so I trust him.

As for the cliffhanger, I left my comp encoding so when I get home tonight, the story shall continue!

Ah, good to know.

And I thought that Alehkhs was using her tunic... just some topless woman running around the wilds bashing people like car windows: with her shirt wrapped around her hand.

I am eagerly awaiting watching the continuation.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 01:00:44 am by Alehkhs »

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 01:24:40 am »

Alehkhs smashes the Titan with her rhinestone studded elven tunic, it is bedazzeled!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 02:49:33 am »

The last moments with Kay, learning his life as it left his body... that was actually very moving.

I know many people would frown for me to call it 'emotional,' but I see no reason that this should be seen any less emotional than a book (text) or a movie (images).

I actually found it a sad moment, thinking of the way Kay impacted the world.

The music from BSG probably added to the moment... :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:51:52 am by Alehkhs »

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 03:07:45 am »

Here's a simplified map of the Empire of Smoothness, the greatest Empire any world has ever seen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As resident crossbowclubber and the group's professor-emeritus from the University of Blunted Bayonets, I'm trying to muster support for an elven genocide. They occupy the holy crossroads of Hillstones!

Also, the whole empire worships war, lies and chaos. They have temples to the foulest gods in every city. It's really neat for a human civ. Sneakdimples has 217 inhabitants, 6 5-story apartment buildings, over a hundred defenders and a strong siege engineer force. I've never seen a town like it.

Speaking of messed up religions, here is a god that only a mother could love.

A teeny, tiny cave-spider god of dance...it has to be worshiped by some sick, sick basta...oh, ya... Bengel Hairybasement. A guy who wrestled a sasquatch, a cyclops and a a grizzly bear worshiped a mouse-sized, tap-shoe-wearing, wet, fishy smelling arthropod.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:29:12 am by Dasqoot »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 04:34:05 am »

I don't recall Hairybasements ever practicing this faith...?

Also, this LP is making me wish that Toady would work a bit more on the Adventure Mode.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 04:42:35 am »

Valcon said in an early video that he went to a temple and joined as a follower, but cut the segment out to make the video fit the 10m limit. I guess this was it.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 04:57:07 am »

Ah... yea, I recall some of the early cuts now possibly involving temples.

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2010, 05:53:42 am »

Also, this LP is making me wish that Toady would work a bit more on the Adventure Mode.

Well, Valcon wanted to try to put a spotlight on adventure mode before the next version goes live. WYSIWYG, and the wishing goes into donations and support for Toady. Valc is a big fan of adventure mode and we are hoping for a lot of love to carry over in the entity position updates and eventually the caravan arc. I think adventure mode is going to be the de-facto after all the site, economy and entity position stuff is updated and he thinks it's going to be downplayed, so I hope I am right.

There aren't a lot of adv. mode supporters, so hopefully everyone who hasn't tried it out will!

edit: I should say, after that, I play 100% fortress mode and never look at adv. mode or legends so maybe we can get some love for them with a little elbow grease from our OP. Commenters, subscriptions, donations to T1, suggestions, etc. - are the point of such futile adventurism. Chrome doesn't even recognize "adventurism" as a noun yet, we have a lot of work to do!

"adventurism \adventurism\ n.
1. recklessness in politics or foreign affairs. [WordNet 1.5]
Source: The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48"

Okay lets not be reckless. Wait, would dwarfs be reckless? Let's make a crazy thread in any case!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:59:24 am by Dasqoot »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 07:45:38 am »

well adv mode was neglected in the 2d-3d conversion. in the 2d version you can discover sites like pyramids that would be populated by zombies and skeletons. elven retreat trees had names. and you discovered caves and ruins when you are adjacent to them on the world map. and for some reason 2d adv mode runs a huge amount faster than 3d.
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2010, 09:25:42 am »

well adv mode was neglected in the 2d-3d conversion. in the 2d version you can discover sites like pyramids that would be populated by zombies and skeletons. elven retreat trees had names. and you discovered caves and ruins when you are adjacent to them on the world map. and for some reason 2d adv mode runs a huge amount faster than 3d.

Some of that was in early 3d too. 3d pyramids filled with skeletal and zombie pikelords I am sure of, and almost positive about named trees. Back when goblin sieges were still not working.

Here's the VisualFortress dump of Tormentpartners. Possibly the strangest dark tower ever.

For some reason it reminds me of the Thundercats' lair.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 06:51:56 pm by Dasqoot »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2010, 07:33:16 pm »

For some reason it reminds me of the Thundercats' lair.

I can see it...

Care to take a look at Sneakdimples?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:46:35 pm by Alehkhs »

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »

Yeah uh, now imagine me basejumping around the thundercats lair ... THUNDERCATS H---splat. 

Speaking of which, I'm now uploading the FORTIETH episode of LP DF Adventure mode, in which I experience GRAVITY!  Again ... and ... again ...
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19