Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25250 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:36 pm »

Turns out it's a moot point:  Even without a graphics pack i cannot get it into 1280x768 without stretching and skewing everything and leaving loads of black space.

Even if i could, however, it would be useless as FRAPS cannot record it in 2DHW or 2DASYNC or any of the other modes that don't bog down the system.

Ahh well, so it goes.  I think it's fine though for the update mode because it runs really fast when I'm not recording, and I don't want it to go too fast when I record something to show you guys anyway
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:20 am »

I personally don't really like the Mayday graphics, probably because the tilesets are fine as ASCII. The Mayday grass is really chunky and looks horrible, whereas the ASCII grass is fine even with the occasional rocks, dirt, and trees.

Ah, well personally I just use the ASCII... but it's not really friendly to the Let's Play community as a whole...

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:08 pm »

I personally don't really like the Mayday graphics, probably because the tilesets are fine as ASCII. The Mayday grass is really chunky and looks horrible, whereas the ASCII grass is fine even with the occasional rocks, dirt, and trees.

Ah, well personally I just use the ASCII... but it's not really friendly to the Let's Play community as a whole...

In this situation I guess they can all just "suck it, suck it down!"?
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:27 pm »

In this situation I guess they can all just "suck it, suck it down!"?

Hooray for abundant Daikatana and John Romero phrases!  ;D

Still, the game had it's good aspects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SC7z8W134

Meanwhile, now Jef has me wanting to finally get around to making an LP series, but with my recent HD replacement, I'm lacking in most of my old games... maybe I should list some I have and see if Jef has an interest in watching an LP of any...  :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:03:25 am by Alehkhs »

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:26 pm »

Jef has no time for such tomfoolery, man. He's too busy making LPs to watch LPs. From what I've seen of his video, making an LP is a delicate and painstaking process.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2010, 11:59:03 pm »

Jef has no time for such tomfoolery, man. He's too busy making LPs to watch LPs. From what I've seen of his video, making an LP is a delicate and painstaking process.

I wasn't really expecting him - or anyone in particular - to take interest (sarcasm gets lost in the internet, more often than not), but he at least interacts with his original viewers here on the forum from time to time...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:02:21 am by Alehkhs »

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:22 am »

Because he loves us and we're here and we give him kisses. Also, sarcasm? On the INTERNET? You shit me not?

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2010, 12:13:35 am »

Because he loves us and we're here and we give him kisses. Also, sarcasm? On the INTERNET? You shit me not?

I would nnnnnnnever lie to you...

also, I'm the Queen of France! (wears Duelmaster's stomach on head)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2010, 12:20:21 am »

Now now, my pretties, do not speak in such tones, the bad moods will taint the flesh and turn it sour.

Now I must get back to baking DELICIOUS Let's Plays for you to consume and become plump and juicy and tender ... And vulnerable ...

Heh.  Cannibalism aside, send me a pm here or on YT Alehkhs and I'll see if you've got anything interesting cooking.  Either way, I'd love to see what you're up to and if ANY of my supporters go on to do their own LP's they can expect to be advertised on my channel, as, imo, we're all in this together.  So get to it!  Or I will eat you!!  Maybe both!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:01 am »

Don't be deceived by my internet alias, my fair felly fellow! I'm not actually a master of dueling, it's just silliness. But you? Wear the organ that very well digests my food? Oh god, it flies off in a bloody arc!

In other words, I didn't really get that Queen of France reference. I'm terribly sorry, please don't hate me. Also, I think you excrete me so.

Also, he called me a pretty. My life is complete now. That being said, I don't think I'm too much up for making an LP. My voice is horribly unsexy and my microphone is uncalibrated and choppy. Plus my computer isn't exactly fit for today's modern games, but it runs DF with high FPS, fortunately.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2010, 12:50:46 am »

Don't be deceived by my internet alias, my fair felly fellow! I'm not actually a master of dueling, it's just silliness. But you? Wear the organ that very well digests my food? Oh god, it flies off in a bloody arc!

In other words, I didn't really get that Queen of France reference. I'm terribly sorry, please don't hate me. Also, I think you excrete me so.

Hmmm, not sure why I said it, but it was a reference to an obscure short film that came about several years ago.

Please, do watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYxCSXjhLI

Re-watching it now, it strikes me that nearly all items of this film could very well spring forth from Dwarf Fortress...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:39:03 am by Alehkhs »

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2010, 07:15:30 am »

For mount and blade, I suggest not joining any kingdom, if you get strong enough, the kingdoms will ask you, and I think they might even fight over you.

If there's a decision being made though, I'd vote yellow, they're vikings using axes and throwing axes, and maybe some 2-handed axes.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2010, 07:49:12 am »

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2010, 07:02:59 pm »

Your migration wave included Doohl. Loves forever nows. May his peasantry serve you satisfyingly well.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:45 am »

I am not entirely sure what your little bit of code you mentioned would do(I only get java and some actionscript, which works a little differently), but I do know it's one of the basic parts of coding choices or circumstances(Like if value x is higher then 5, then do this bit of code, and if value x is less then 5, do the other thing, to put it very simplified.) So..yeah, I'm thinking I'm not really making a lot of sense here(Note to self, no posting if you aren't sure the words come out like you want them), so I'll move on to M&B.

Because of how youtube does things, I never managed to view in 720p anyway(Unless I let things load for 30 minutes first), it is still very clear and all the text is readable. And as reminder, the nords are yellow, they are at war with you, and the khergits are purple, also at war with you. If the purple ones prove a little too difficult(High-accuracy horse archers, and lots of them) you can try the nords(Who prefer fighting without horse, and are thus easier to beat in open battle.)
Since you're a mercenary of Swadia and not a vassal, talk to the king every week to get your paycheck, which should cover about half your weekly upkeep(Going up like 100-200-300-400, etc) Borcha's board shield can't be used when he's on his horse, so he's without a shield when riding.

And for Dwarf fortress, I suggest keeping just one dwarf as architect, if you build enough architect-needing buildings he/she will become skilled, and dwarves get a happy thought when they walk near the building. (Which includes bridges, trade depot, smelters, pumps, and probably some other things.)
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19