Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25245 times)

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2010, 02:12:42 am »

Your paint stuff always seems to have a dick in it.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2010, 10:56:19 am »

@Alehkhs Unreal World ... I played that game.  It sounded like something I would love, but, that game kicked my ASS.  I'd have to play it a lot off-camera to get a good enough feel for it to not just make it a let's fail video.  Not that I won't ever do it, it's just not in the cards for right now!

Haha, yes; it can be quite a getting-used-to! Good luck to you in learning it!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2010, 11:39:42 am »

Haha, Progress Quest. I don't know anything about it's multiplayer, but if you manage to make even one interesting video of the single player, it will be definite proof that you're the king of LPers.

Having just got Mount&Blade from the Steam sale, I'm quite interested to see how other people play it.

So my vote goes: One video of C and then lots of A.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:41:21 am by LASD »

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2010, 02:04:44 pm »

I'm nowhere near up to date on your LPs, but I'm getting there. No. 40 on the Adventure mode one, watched about 30 of them in one day. That's near 300 minutes.

Wow.

Anyways, keep up the good work.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:19 pm »

Well, I did not expect to be mentioned, and then in the starting 7? Wow, thanks :)

Sound quality was good, the music volume at the second half of the dwarf fortress let's play was close to perfect(Maybe a little louder), clicking/keyboard sounds just are a part of the let's play experience to me, so it's not an entirely bad thing you couldn't take them out. It seems like there's a bright future for this fort, no matter what happens to it.
(Little side note, a dining room is actually done the same way as beds, by using q on a table, but setting a meeting zone has the exact same effect with the only difference being that dwarves won't party in it.)
Any plans for the hum-elf town? Wipe them out and live in their buildings, or destroy it all? Peacefully live with them, or wall up the way in while they aren't looking? Or..Well, it's dwarf fortress, the possibilities are endless.

For mount and blade, your mouse isn't visible during the map/menus, but that's a small thing which I'm not sure of whether it's technical or intentional. I like seeing it in first person(That's how I play too), and judging from the points in archery/throwing, it's going to be a very immersive experience.

I had guessed you would do progress quest along with something else, but all 3? You're just awesome.
As for progress quest, you did it, you made watching a bar slowly fill up until 100% interesting to watch.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:31:04 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:47 pm »

Hah, glad you're enjoying them good sir!

Also, man, this M&B one is kicking my ass.   Literally and technologically.

Now, as for the humelf town:  Wiping them out is certainly in the plans.  It depends on how deep the lava is and if I have any means of elevating it =)  Then again, if I can't bring the lava to them ... well, you know the rest >=)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:36:27 am by valcon »
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2010, 12:06:10 am »

Your next migration wave should include Doohl. I'll love you forever if it includes Doohl.

(more than what I already love you anyways)

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:38 pm »

The dwarves won't sleep in the human beds because most likely you haven't claimed them yet. You also don't need to make your own barrels, you can claim the ones in the human homes, if I'm not mistaken every bedroom has a barrel, which may or may not have food already in it.

Claim buildings like the beds by using t(Which can also be used to forbid/claim items inside workshops)
It's interesting to see other people build forts, you seem to have a nice one going, but some small corridors. Not that it matters, when the game starts slowing from all the dwarves, it is most likely because they are having trouble moving through the corridors(Which results in them climbing over each other and trying more pathfinding).

As for mount and blade, you seem to be pretty good with the throwing axes, too bad they only come in packs of 7.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »

Yeah I figured out the claiming rooms and tables and things in the third ep which I'll get up today or tomorrow morning.  As for the barrel thing, they even came with some free meat!  Years supply of meat and whatnot.  MEAT FOR ALL!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2010, 08:00:04 pm »

Why is your FPS in Dwarf Fortress so low? I'd assume your computer would be more than capable of handling it.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:24 pm »

I've just recently realized that the new version of Fraps I'm recording with isn't 64 bit, where, the older version was 64 bit.  Gonna have to fix that, but, for now, it's only bad while recording, it goes about 5 times faster when fraps isn't working.

Also, playing at 1280 resolution in a human town with full temp and weather and all that stuff on doesn't help.

Considering moving over to 40d16, I hear it helps, but I'm concerned about bugs.  Any suggestions?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:46 pm »

From what I've played 40d17 is pretty bug-free and is a big improvement from d16. I'd give it a go if I were you.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2010, 09:26:57 pm »

Err sorry, I meant 17, I haven't been using 16 either, I've just been using 40d. 

At any rate, I'll give it a go =)

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2010, 09:52:06 pm »

hmm... well for d16, you might try the Mayday Bundle

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php

When are we doing a "Let's Play (together)" Jef? :P

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »

I personally don't really like the Mayday graphics, probably because the tilesets are fine as ASCII. The Mayday grass is really chunky and looks horrible, whereas the ASCII grass is fine even with the occasional rocks, dirt, and trees.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19