Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25260 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2010, 01:53:18 pm »

I never said I had a problem bro, honestly, I have no idea what you are on about. 
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »

For stranded 2, try combining Wilson(Volleyball) with branches.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2010, 03:00:40 pm »

Yeah maybe I can build him a stand or something so he can watch me ... harvest ... hemp*

*ijuana.

Hey on a Dwarfly note, I was wondering if anybody had any experience using tilesets with the 40d17 beta thing?  I read a bit about it and it looks like it's going to have weird transparent tiles and stuff that I don't understand, so, something tells me old tilesets won't just pop over without a problem. 

Anybody have a good one for 17?

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

Hey on a Dwarfly note, I was wondering if anybody had any experience using tilesets with the 40d17 beta thing?  I read a bit about it and it looks like it's going to have weird transparent tiles and stuff that I don't understand, so, something tells me old tilesets won't just pop over without a problem. 

Anybody have a good one for 17?

Hmm... I haven't tried anything yet, but would you want pure ASCII or something similar to what you've been using so far, with some sprites and what not?

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

Well, one of the goals I've always had with the adventure mode LP is to try and grab some people that may have never been exposed to DF and get them to give it a look, a try, or another chance etc, and, from my experience, giving them matrix code/alphabet soup to look at doesn't do a good job of that, so probably something graphical.  I mean, I came up with the ascii stuff so don't get me wrong; that's HOME.  I just think it'd be better to display some kind of graphical perspective.  Also, it helps with identification for people who aren't as Dwarfed out as most of us here. 

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:40 pm »

Well, one of the goals I've always had with the adventure mode LP is to try and grab some people that may have never been exposed to DF and get them to give it a look, a try, or another chance etc, and, from my experience, giving them matrix code/alphabet soup to look at doesn't do a good job of that, so probably something graphical.  I mean, I came up with the ascii stuff so don't get me wrong; that's HOME.  I just think it'd be better to display some kind of graphical perspective.  Also, it helps with identification for people who aren't as Dwarfed out as most of us here. 

Hmmm... perhaps the Mike Mayday set? He usually packages it all as a pre-installed download (although he does change some settings, which I'm not fond of, and gets rid of the music, which is easy enough to fix).

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2010, 07:31:13 am »

Nice videos on the guild, I think what happened to the thieves guild was that it got upgraded into the schoolbuilding, so access is blocked. Also, for both the thieves from that guild and the highwaymen from the robber baron camp you have to select the individual thief and set their orders(Pickpocket, scout, burglar, waylay, etc) It's kind of like ordering the town guard to torture, or arrest. Except you don't need politics.

And I'll mention it again, the 'selling' bit on goods is what you get for selling them, sending gems to macon instead of lyon had you missing out of 70-80 gold for every gem. It doesn't sound like much, but if you're selling in bulk it can be a lot. (Almost 100 gems would mean you miss out on 7000 gold)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:01:01 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:09 pm »

Double post for stranded 2, take revenge on the entire island, cut down all trees and destroy the rocks, burn down everything else.

You can destroy rocks by repeatedly hitting it with a pickaxe, though it takes ages for the bigger ones.

One vote for burning down everything or in some way destroying everything as vengeance.

edit: also, after finishing the campaign, I suggest a random island, probably some mods, maybe make a megaproject out of it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:21:44 pm by XSI »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2010, 01:20:03 pm »

One vote for burning down everything or in some way destroying everything as vengeance.

It'd be cool to see, but I'd hate to have Jef spend the time - he's already spent a ton of time just gathering leaves and wheat.

Now, what I would like to see him do, is survive on the raptor island (from main menu): survive at least a week or two (in-game).
I smell a challenge... :D

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2010, 02:01:57 pm »

Oh lawd ... heh.  I should've known "chill out and listen to more Bob Marley" wouldn't get many votes, but RAPTORS?  Cruel ... =D

On a completely unrelated note, I'm gonna put up a video today showing how I go about making my LP's for the few of you'n'yall that were asking for some tips, going through cutting and merging and encoding and stuff, so stay tuned for that if you're curious about making your own LP, and if so, hope it helps!

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2010, 03:33:33 pm »

I just found these on youtube searching "dwarf fortress" yesterday. Didn't know there was a thread. I'm up to 8 and these are awesome.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2010, 10:59:18 pm »

Jef you needs thouself un blog por favor. While blogs are slightly overrated nowadays, I just think I'd love to READ ABOUT YOU CREEPILY.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »

Quote from: Alehkhs
Ha! I knew my recommendation of M&B would become realized!

Anyways, M&B and more DF (of course). However, I'll always prefer vanilla DF to modded.

Yea, no modded DF... remember how that turned out -_-

Also, I know you've mentioned Notrium before (top-down survival, please play as the human first if you do this; the other modes are pretty broken), but have you ever considered Unreal World? It's a great little survival roguelike.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2010, 04:39:47 pm »

As answer to/comment on the 207 video, since I don't have a youtube account to post comments with, I'll just do it here.

My vote goes to M&B, but a challenge, do it without having the damage reduction at default 1/4, take full damage(And set AI to not be retarded), it's what the dwarves would do!...Or are you secretly a pansy elf?
 I also suggest you use a different weapon every video just so there's some variety in the killing, this would be nice to do if you feel like it's getting too easy.

As for a little something about myself, 19 years old, learning programming, but instead spending my time watching let's play videos. I always go for the more unknown games like DF, the guild, stranded, M&B, and I even played progressquest for 'a while'.

In fact, I've had progressquest running for 6 months, 12hours a day minimum, I guess that's not really something to be proud of.
I am proud of my logical thinking though, I can solve any logic puzzle.

What's that game where you fly a plane in the intro video? It looks interesting.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2010, 04:55:38 pm »

@XSI Yeah that game is Arma II, it's not exactly what I would consider an obscure game but it sure made an interesting intro =)

@Alehkhs, yes, definitely vanilla DF but with a graphics pack, and as for Unreal World ... I played that game.  It sounded like something I would love, but, that game kicked my ASS.  I'd have to play it a lot off-camera to get a good enough feel for it to not just make it a let's fail video.  Not that I won't ever do it, it's just not in the cards for right now!

@Duelmaster409, uhhh, as much as I'd like to be creepily read about I'm not quite sure I'd like to do a blog thing.  Who knows ... but, for now, I'm just gonna interact through YouTube.  It's quite fun enough making silly MSpaint videos and the like =)

Also, Chicken Launcher, glad you are enjoying and thanks for checking them out!

Bay12-4lief.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:58:27 pm by valcon »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19