Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25281 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2010, 06:17:18 am »

Hey, I am going to the village to visit my grandma this weekend. It takes 4 hours by train thus I am downloading your LP right now and I will convert it to watch on my mp3 player while I travel. Finally a good thing to do in a train :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2010, 01:20:36 pm »

Just watched that video with questions, and I'll just give some suggestions for lets plays here(Since I dont have a youtube account, so cant post comments there, but think of me as a subscriber anyway since I'll keep checking for videos.)

Not mentioning progress quest here, even though I think you could easily entertain with it.
I'm suggesting Evil Genius, and Dungeon keeper, two games that are sandbox-building with humour, Evil genius has a story and questline in it, but there's nothing forcing you to continue it and you can just build your base in whatever way you want.(Not to mention all the ways you can torture captives.)

Sorry if I'm spamming in this thread, but as I mentioned, I don't have a youtube account and will just post comments here.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2010, 01:58:54 pm »

I'm right there with you Jef, concerning the anticipation for the next installment of DF Adventure Mode!

Concerning LP suggestions, have you ever played Mount & Blade? I'm not sure how conducive it would be to an LP, but it's open-ended, and you're... well, you, so I have no fear of your ability to make it good.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2010, 02:10:27 pm »

@Deon, enjoy the vaycay and glad to be joining you ... spiritually ... by voice ... or whatever =)

@XSI no worries mate, this is sort of home base for the LP stuff anyway so I'm glad to hear from ya whever.  I haven't played Evil Genius but I did play a lot of Dungeon Keeper back in the day, I'll check it out and see if it'd make a good series!

@Alehkhs Yes, I have played M&B quite a lot actually, through many different versions, and I agree that it could make a very entertaining LP, in fact, I think there are already some LP's of it up on the old tubes.   I could probably add something more to it, but, TBH, I haven't played it since Paradox took over and did all that weird multiplayer stuff so I don't know how different it will all be.  I know for the previous versions the difficulty was greatly changed, used to be, I could ride around on a horse with no armor using a pitchfork and kill an army of like 60 guys solo.  Last time I played, I got utterly destroyed so, it could be fun to try and give it a more serious jaunt.

I will say this, though.  It suffers a bit from the same vein of stuff that Adventure Mode suffers from, the "what now" symptom, as, in the beginning, there is plenty of stuff to do, but, after a while, after you've got a castle and a village and some other stuff, there's really nothing to do but run around doing REALLY long open field battles.  It might make a nice playthrough just to sort of experience everything once, but, again, IDK, I'll have to pick up the new version and give it a whirl.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 06, 2010, 02:31:26 pm »

Yea, M&B does sort of drag a bit in late-game, but eh...

There are some other LPs of it (two, I think), but they don't really form themselves a narrative in the way you do; they're simply playing a game. Thinking of M&B made me think of the newest version of Sid Meier's "Pirates!" which is essentially Mount and Blade, only with boats, maybe check that out?

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2010, 02:43:56 pm »

Oh don't even get me started on Sid Meiers Pirates Gold!

I've loved that game to pieces and played it to the core probably like 3 times already =)

Now that you mention it ... I wonder ... hmm .. =)

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2010, 03:14:17 pm »

I've loved that game to pieces and played it to the core probably like 3 times already =)

Such a great game!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2010, 12:00:53 am »

"Next time on Let's Play Stranded 2.. we harvest some pot for a hippie to learn the native tongue!"

I envy you for being able to actually say something like that with a purpose.
Not many people get to say that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:02:30 am by Duelmaster409 »
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2010, 12:01:25 am »

Er. Damn. Ignore this.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2010, 12:07:08 am »

Such a great game!

Yeah that other guy that did some adventure mode videos started doing this one right after we talked about it so I guess I won't be doing it.  Woulda been fun though.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2010, 12:26:22 am »

Seeing as how no one watches that other guy why not do it any ways?

It's not as if there is only room for one version, the internet is a large beast and there are more than one set of eyes to see through.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2010, 01:06:08 am »

Yeah that other guy that did some adventure mode videos started doing this one right after we talked about it so I guess I won't be doing it.  Woulda been fun though.

Why let that stop you... :( every game is a different story, why not tell yours?

Did he get the inspiration from our convo? 'Cus then I'd still say it's very free-game for you...
He did start the DF AdMode LP after yours :P

EDIT:

It's not as if there is only room for one version, the internet is a large beast and there are more than one set of eyes to see through.

I've watched a good amount of your LP's. Particularly the ones for IVAN.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:18:40 am by Alehkhs »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2010, 03:41:46 am »

lol so evil (in b4 someone corrects it as dwarfy).
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:43 am »

I watch yours ...

Sorry about the "other guy", I couldn't remember your name on the forums because it's different on ThouTube.  I was just saying I'm not gonna do that one, the only reason I would is if the other ones weren't any good, and I'm sure yours will be fine!  I've got 4 halfway finished games going anyway, I certainly don't need another one. 

If I had called dibs though?  Oh man.  We woulda had WORDS!   ;D

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »

To be fair I was trying to diffuse the situation with some self depreciating humor, it's what I'm good at (I thought!).

But I'm quite honest when I say that I'd rather see Jef do these if for no other reason than to give ME something to watch. It takes an hour for me to encode every video and then another hour or two to upload a video. I can't really game on my computer during this time which is when I turn to LP videos. His knowledge of the game is probably much better than mine and people might actually learn something instead of all the BS I'm going to be spewing.

It's my sincere hope that we never turn into dogs marking our territory and growling at the others to stay off our yard.

Instead, let's play together.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:39:36 pm by A Dwarven Smokeologist »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19