Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25280 times)

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2010, 08:34:45 pm »

I'm going to enjoy watching you play the new version of dwarf fortress, probably as much or more as playing it myself.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2010, 04:30:09 am »

yeah for somereason i find it more entertaining to watch other people play and say whats going through their mind rather than playing myself...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2010, 02:30:14 pm »

Oh god, I tried LCS before and it was OK but I was bored... But after watching your full LP I was carried away and now I am playing it the whole day! It's so awesome! My main character had 15 agility and he was an extremely cool thief but now he's in jail for... I think something about 200 months, so it's not a bright future. I forgot to mention that he's the last survivor: my apartment was raided by police because I started too illegally and all my squad (about 10 members) was shot and my main char was beaten and arrested... But I had a single wench, a -14 juice prostitute, in another apartment.... And now I have 5 sleeper cops and 7 members under her lol. And I train her in disguise (9+ already) and security (8 already) to take my main char out of jail...

Man this game is SO awesome! :D Thanks for *enlightening* me!

I am now [Deon] ;D (enlightened)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

~8 hours in LCS. That's crazy. Last time I spent so much on single game was when I just started to play DF :P.

Anyway, I've found a few tips which may be not needed on wrong, but I hope they help somehow:
1) All your "important" members should better be recruited from lawyers. This way they start with high Law skill and defend themselves without problems.

2) ASAP find a Tailoring worker (sweat shop workers are fine for it) and sew a few police uniforms. These clothes are tolerated almost everywhere.

3) Try to recruit lawyers with high agility. Don't give them car if possible. Car chases are quite deadly and depend on many situations and driving skill which is hard to raise. If you're on foot, agility 10+ should give you almost 100% chance to outrun fat cops ;D.

4) Hire a few "lawyers", 2-3 should be enough for beginning. Let them do all the "main" work. Send each to different apartments (in "police uniform"! This way you can be "yellow" in lockpicked apartments while other clothes are "red") and train Security and pick up some loot which is close to doors. This will get them starting juice (to 10 or even 50 for stats increase). After the first confusion appears (something about conservatives being suspicious) start to run on the 1st floor back and forth to max disguise for this round.

Following these tactics, I've got four 9+ security 11+ disguise 6-9 law teammates in no time. They can infiltrate almost any building and build up juice to over 1000 quite fast.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:16:16 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2010, 05:01:25 pm »

For the guild 2, elections are always at 17:00, and your characters get called at 15:00. The sovereign (Or mayor, etc) is elected by all the other offices(Until the imperial level), and all trials are at 9:00.

Also, only family members can use the toad shit.

I suggest getting bengal a woman too, he's probably getting lonely by now, I mean, he's what? 30-something by now and still a virgin in a time where 16 years old is when people start getting their children?
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2010, 05:28:58 pm »

Well I suppose he's failed at everything else I've asked him to do,  might as well have him fail at that too!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Chucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2010, 07:30:34 pm »

Thanks for pointing me to those x-com let's plays. The guy sounds like Alan Partridge and it's killing me! He seems great at the meta game but awful (and lucky) at tactical play. Not for him: saving moves or ducking. Yes for him: leading lone troopers into certain death to "draw out" the aliens! Seems to be working though and I'm up to vid 20!

I just noticed you started on a new (Stranded) series so screw you! I really needed to get this website finished!

edit: I googled enemy unknown and got the abandonia link and, from that, I assume that it's no longer free to download but is available on Steam... yet I follow their 'buy' link and the pack that steam offers doesn't seem to include this game??? Anyone know why? I don't mind buying it I just want to play it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:18:38 pm by Chucker »

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

There is some cool info ididnt know on the TVTropes page for Liberal Crime Squad.  Like being able to turn conservatives liberal in combat by playing the guitar to them.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2010, 03:13:32 am »

Man i hope you find something specific that i wont mention on stranded 2... :D

There is some cool info ididnt know on the TVTropes page for Liberal Crime Squad.  Like being able to turn conservatives liberal in combat by playing the guitar to them.
Its like kenji in 20th century boys...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2010, 03:47:55 am »

Just got home from an extended stay at the hospital and what do I find?

Quote from: valcon
We'll name him 'Pimp Alehkhs'

This is the greatest welcome-home gift yet! Note that in the course of standard LCS event of an accident, it even allows for a sort of 'Pimpacy,' a la Pimp Alehkhs II, III, IV, etc.

My long-walking dynasty is at your service! [/color]

EDIT: Continuing on with my 'gift,' I must now say, disregard the above... :(

Thanks for putting me in though :D

editEDIT: Disregard the previous disregardance - I will now catch up with the rest of the series. I will be back.

EDITomega:  :'(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:20:22 am by Alehkhs »

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2010, 04:06:25 am »

edit: I googled enemy unknown and got the abandonia link and, from that, I assume that it's no longer free to download but is available on Steam... yet I follow their 'buy' link and the pack that steam offers doesn't seem to include this game??? Anyone know why? I don't mind buying it I just want to play it.

I have the answer to that, Xcom enemy unknown is named Xcom: UFO defence on steam.

Besides that, I finished watching those link lets plays for that challenge, fun and interesting, the same person has a terror from the deep(Sequel) challenge where he does duck and reserve points for reaction shots, I'm watching that one now.

Oh, and for stranded 2, try combining a stick with 4 of those claws you left laying around, it makes a lighter spear then rock+stick.
Also, use the net to catch butterflies, it will really help to know what happens when you do that later when you're doing the sandbox mode(If you're going to do that, I think you mentioned it.)
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2010, 05:48:34 am »

Man, I am totally rocking the world, running around with 4 crazy musician thieves and two liberal judges. No shots, and they are all mine. I can easily evade even SWAT sieges this way, and agents with their dodges suck their pistols :D.

The main thing is, if your musician is great, he can confuse an enemy with 1 play. Same with judges. Thus with luck I am able to neutralize 6 enemies a turn; well, in fact usually 3-4, but still it's enough to escape or to convert them (if they're good). I am able to go through the city without disguise.

The problem is... dogs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2010, 04:10:04 pm »

Stranded 2

Use a stone, healing herb, and water to make a healing potion.
Also, antidote gets made with poison, I think it would be poison, herb, water, and a stone, but I'm not sure, and never actually made one, but I believe poison is one of the ingredients.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:11:51 pm by XSI »

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2010, 04:59:29 pm »

Okay coolness thanks man, I couldn't find anything online about it ... we'll see! 

Also, just as a side note, there's a thread over in the Curses forum for the LCS LP, and so just toss any future comments or questions over in that one on the Curses forum, mostly to make sure that the LCS experts can enjoy and respond, though I do appreciate having a nice place to talk about all my LP work with you guys!

So yeah, more to come, back to the ... Well, playing video games can never be considered a grindstone, so, back to the ... fun ... stone?
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2010, 04:21:01 am »

Again, more from me on the guild 2, better rush courtney to the courtroom(End of vid 30), it's elections time and she should show up to get the officie of sovereign.

You can easily check where your characters are needed and in how long by using the same bookthingy as you use for important units, there's a tab on it for datebook, which lists all dates characters are needed somewhere, and how long you have to get them there in time.

And again, I'd like to suggest getting some more family members, you know how to make them :p
Bengal has political regard because he is a nobleman, or well, the son of Captain Awesome, who bought the title of nobleman, which makes Bengal also a nobleman.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19