Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode  (Read 25301 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Youtube let's play of Adventure Mode
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2010, 08:50:39 am »

Do you have any plans for other let's plays? I'd probably watch paint dry if you narrated it/commented it.
Personally i perfer watching grass grow,,,

"Wow! Look at that sudcker go! Its growing atleast twice as fast as that one over there!
It must be taking the nutrients from the ground faster via its bigger roots!
Oh man, look at this! this blade has grown 0.1mm by the time we started!"
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2010, 11:27:47 am »

Do you have any plans for other let's plays?

Yeah, I've considered a few different games ... I would absolutely LOVE to do Stranded II, but, sadly, it won't run on Windows 7, so I'd have to do it from my laptop ...

Ultima 8 would be fun, maybe Silent Storm: Sentinels, but, that one would have some issues as the battles can take hours due to waiting for AI turns to finish, which is quite boring.  Rome: Total War is one of my all time favorite games, might be fun to do a playthrough of that.  Also, a "Let's Watch Progress Quest" would be pretty awesome =)

I'll soon be posting a video asking for suggestions and some OTHER stuff (big secret, shh) so if you guys have any suggestions, you can post 'em here, or, there, or wherever, and I'll check them out. 

For now, I've just updated Adventure Mode with a few new videos to tide ... well, mostly to tide ME over until the new version is released.    Cheers guys!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:22:08 pm by valcon »
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »

Stranded 2? I thought I'd never find anyone that even knows that game, great potential there. Progress quest? If you can make that interesting, then you're really good with words.

As suggestion, do you know the xcom series? The only let's plays I've seen of those are ones that savescum at least 2 times every video, it would be fun to see someone play it without doing that.

And to add to what Deon said(guild 2), breaking bones can also only be done to unconscious people, and same for dealing a killing blow. threatening someone makes it impossible for the threatened to attack the threatener(Need proof to threaten people).

To knock someone unconscious, just attack them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:40:16 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

Stranded 2? I thought I'd never find anyone that even knows that game, great potential there. Progress quest? If you can make that interesting, then you're really good with words.

As suggestion, do you know the xcom series? The only let's plays I've seen of those are ones that savescum at least 2 times every video, it would be fun to see someone play it without doing that.

While I love X-Com to bits, there is already a series (an excellent one to boot) done by Kikoskia in which he does NOT save scum, in fact, he plays it on superhuman, in antarctica, limiting himself to 1 base and actually manages to do quite well without savescumming.  Lemme link rq:

Couldn't find a playlist, but here's the first vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zpB0Gw46g

Kikoskia is great btw, should definitely check out his LP's. 

Not saying I wont do it, but, if you wanna see a good X-com lp, there you go, here and now!

Also, yes, Stranded 2 is the shit, I love that game, and ALMOST considered going back to XP just to play it.  Then I woke up, naked, in a field, covered in unrelated pamphlets, and came to my senses.  Still, I may do it on my laptop, esp if there is some interest in it. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2010, 01:06:41 pm »

Oh! I know! Try my stranded mod with GCS and stuff! :D I wonder how you fare there.

Here it is:
http://depositfiles.com/files/kajridesg
This is the full package with the game (which is free so it's ok) and the mod (use Single island -> "IslandQuest_051" game, not basic one).

Notice that without a knowledge of a Stranded it may be quite hard to survive, the island is big and I didn't write recipes of items in the log book, so you're supposed to find them by yourself. Also search the shelf (the coast in water) near your wreck, there's A LOT of tools if you search carefully, it's intended to be this way to allow you to have some fun instead of 2 hours of grinding >.<. Also note: many creatures are deadly. And a crossbow reloads SLOWLY, not like a machinegun in original StrandedII. Oh, and lions are faster than you, and many big predators. Only smaller creatures like ants and bugs etc. are smaller than you.
Also, sleep when you arrive. The darkness may be confusing, but it's supposed to be this way. You sleep after the shipwreck, and it spawns different "random" locations like jungles and a stinky marsh etc.

Well, I hope you like it, I've spent a lot of man-hours when I did it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2010, 01:17:35 pm »

Sorry for double posting, but here're some older tips I've found which may be handy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's some description:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=2714.msg396009#msg396009

Basic map (mirror it horisontally in your head, it's mirrored in the game). Warning: it's huge.

Also there's a map underwater, you'd better pick it because then it will be much easier to navigate,
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:23:09 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2010, 01:39:50 pm »

Wow, and, just now, I checked to see if anybody had found a way to get S2 to run in W7 ... YAY! 

http://www.unrealsoftware.de/forum_posts.php?post=165075

Just tested it and it does indeed run in Windows 7 ... some rare frame issues, but other than that it works!  Yay! 

So ... maybe some Stranded 2 shall be on the way. 

Deon, that looks pretty damn awesome, I will check it out ... I'm kinda leaning towards perhaps a story mode walkthrough, then I'd dive into some free form madness like that.  I'll be sure to give you some feedback once I get in to it, but, it looks great =)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2010, 03:07:57 pm »

Cool! Because, you know, I prepared some nice things here and there, and it would be really fun to hear how do YOU react to the environment. You're a perfect storyteller and great commentator for my taste. Well, my taste leans towards dirty jokes and silly situations, but anyway you win :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »

Yay, we made it to 137 subscribers!  Go team!

Here's your present!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNW4XStgABs

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »

Thanks for sharing Stranded II! I downloaded it and am having fun. Thanks!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »

Very cool, I'm about to put up a couple Stranded 2 LP vids tonight.  It's quite a fun game, and, I feel, would be a great place for adventure mode to aim for, amongst it's many other goals. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2010, 11:03:55 am »

The "rest of the LP community" had no boobs D: .
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2010, 01:17:52 pm »

Are you going to keep lighting things on fire? If so, I suggest you burn the lion and then start running.

(Lions are actually pretty weak, just 2-4 spears to the face kills them.)

Do you plan on doing a lot of fishing, digging, and other things?

Also don't forget that everything in your inventory carries over to the next missions, hang on to those flint stones :)
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »

Yeah I've got S2 fairly well covered XSI, thanks for the pointers though, always nice to brush up.

As for Adventure Mode, I've recorded some new vidjers and will be uploading them as soon as they are done processing.  I'm once again fiddling around with the resolution stuff to try and get the best quality out of them, should be quite nice for these bits.

No grand adventures yet, just some fun until death, I expect it will be that way until I have enough resolve through a new version to take the extra bit of precaution required in surviving more than 10 seconds =)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2010, 03:51:48 pm »

150 subscrivers yay! A round number! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19