Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too many stickies.  (Read 2998 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too many stickies.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 02:55:33 pm »

seriously, clear out the stickies.  its supposed to be for forum rules and announcements and things.

permanent sources of information and reference belong either linked in a single reference sticky, or in the wiki.

current events like the soap thing and the chat topics will float to the top on their own if theyre active.  if theyre not active, they dont need to be on the top.  if someone is interested in following an old thread, they can "follow replies" on the thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 02:56:42 pm »

Heh, your settings are broken.

I see 9 stickies and 43 non-stickies. It's a problem on your end then.

seriously, clear out the stickies.  its supposed to be for forum rules and announcements and things.

Srsly, stop bothering Toady with such crap. People were asking to introduce stickies and how it's important to stick some threads, and now it's the opposite. Everything works as supposed and stickies take little to no space, so don't bother Toady One with minor things like these.

I am sure that un-sticking will produce even more flame and raeg, thus better leave it as it is.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:58:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 03:02:59 pm »

I have the same settings as shadow archmagi, so yea its the default settings.

Still, you're right deon, if the stickies bother you, why not just change your forum layout settings.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »

Srsly, stop bothering Toady with such crap. People were asking to introduce stickies and how it's important to stick some threads, and now it's the opposite. Everything works as supposed and stickies take little to no space, so don't bother Toady One with minor things like these.

You probably shouldn't act like you can speak for Toady concerning what bothers him.  There is obviously such a thing as "too many stickies" and some people feel we're at that point.  You've already said your piece in this thread, so unless you have something to contribute, leave it alone.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 03:06:57 pm »

OK, I admit that there's some problem with it. If you have default settings, then yeah... Maybe there should be "important" and "unimportant" stickies which are shown depending on the settings?

Also "you've already said your piece in this thread, so unless you have something to contribute, leave it alone" too. :P
I want to conversate too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 03:10:00 pm »

Also you you've already said your piece in this thread, so unless you have something to contribute, leave it alone. :P
I want to conversate too.

The difference is that I'm not the one saying "Stop bothering Toady with such crap."  Let's review the forum rules:

• "Do not pick a fight or insult another poster."  Calling someone's thread "crap" is definitely insulting them.
  • "... if a thread has been designed for a specific purpose, please try to adhere to that, especially if the creator urges you to do so.  Do not derail threads."  Speaks for itself.

Now let's all leave that line of discussion behind us.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 03:12:19 pm »

Yeah, let's not have a tantrum spiral due to stickies of all things leading to banhammering. ::) though it would be somewhat amusing to watch as all tantrum spirals...

cooz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 03:35:20 pm »

Maybe stickies aren't core of a problem here, but default forum settings. Increasing number of displayed topics on page could have other advantages (than discussed above). For example when you revisit forum after day or so you may miss some topics in which you would contribute if they were still on first page.

P.S. I have changed settings to display 50 topics per page since I registered.
Pages: 1 [2]