Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: The Castle Mightygrips: Cancelled. [community]  (Read 48058 times)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: The Castle Mightygrips: A medieval hell. [community]
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2010, 01:33:05 am »

Can't you...pretend, or something? If not, try Linda.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2010, 01:35:37 am »

I can leave it, since Spartan could plausibly pass as female. Figured it's worth a check though - I imagine Randall doesn't want a girl named Randall (or Randette, oh gods).

ed- And hey, we're one week into the fort and two years into its history! Huzzah.

Today (tomorrow? the 3rd, regardless) is a big travel day for me, so I doubt there'll be any updates. Maybe one at night. I dunno.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:23:39 am by Retro »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:37 am »

Great axes! I love axes almost as much as I love hammers! Hammerwarriors are awesome. I don't think I ever play as anything else in Adventurer, except for axewarriors. I love getting great-axes too. They're so ridiculously enormous that you know it's going to hurt.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2010, 09:45:26 am »

Please don't ask me where my avatar is from. I don't know.

On a total random note, your avatar is from an anime called Queen's Blade. A horrible ecchi thing where that bunny demon uses her 'hair' to squeeze her breasts and attack with acidic breast milk... and I am forever scarred by having known this. XD
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:24 am »

Please don't ask me where my avatar is from. I don't know.

On a total random note, your avatar is from an anime called Queen's Blade. A horrible ecchi thing where that bunny demon uses her 'hair' to squeeze her breasts and attack with acidic breast milk... and I am forever scarred by having known this. XD
That is awesomely awesome. I'm totally into weird stuffs like that.

THE MORE YOU KNOW~~

Edit: I went and looked it up!
The girl in my avatar is Merorna/Melona, a pink haired bunnygirl slime assasin shapeshifter.
SO SAYS THE INTERNET, IT MUST BE TRUE.
I am such a perv, and this has nothing to do with the thread.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:35:24 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2010, 11:21:51 am »

Im ok with being a girl but can you change my name to Randal
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2010, 12:03:39 pm »

Sweet, I wasn't expecting to get a Dwarf so soon. I thought it would be another season or two before enough arrived.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:05:45 pm by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2010, 12:28:04 pm »

Cheers. You can switch my labors to whatever you need the most right now. Just nothing that will kill him. Don't let him have too much fun.
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

DwarfOfDefeat

• Bay Watcher
  • Reproduces through Mitosis
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2010, 01:36:51 pm »

make a new feminine name for mine and make sure im still the warrior priest :D
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »

Back, and with update! Also, hey, I’m the 99th post. We are just cruising along here. DwarfOfDefeat, I renamed Narglard ‘Nalar,’ as it was similar enough without the masculinity. Spartan 117, I changed Spartan to ‘Sparta’ for the same reason.

---

17th Slate, 13~

Life is chaotic here. As much as I’ve improved my organizing skills, it’s just about impossible to keep track of everyone. Our population went from 9 to 30 in an instant, and I’m not sure we have jobs for everyone. Most newcomers have been put to work doing generic masonry and carpentry work to continue work on the cabin – some, though, insisted on serving in military duty. Since Rykue and Dermonster have been ordered to clearcut the jungle, they’re again out of the barracks. Our new fightin’ force consists of new migrants Grath, Sulvor, Randall, Sparta, Nalar, Angron, and Ubik.

Between sparring sessions, Sparta and Ubik had been bothering me about getting some crossbows built, as they were hoping to become archers (the others have picked up our obsidian swords and have been cutting each other up). I ordered one of the new artisan immigants to do it – Doom, I think; I was trying to learn names quickly. She responded with “You do it yourself!” I don’t know if she was just trying to sound rebellious or actually be rebellious. Most likely the former as she ended up making the crossbows anyhow. We got some archery ranges up, and our two new archers have been steadily practicing.

Some more raccoons attacked, and after we cleaned up, I noticed a bit of a scuffle happening. Irwin was hissing at one of the new migrants… Pasakoye? Something like that. He was a butcher, and the two were fighting over the corpses.

“It’s not a point of contention. I’m better than you. I’ve seen the way you handle a cleaver; you’re no good at it.”

“Hiss! Spat!”

“That’s not a counterargument!”

I let the two sort it out for themselves – best not to interact with Irwin anyhow – and I later saw Pasakoye with a bag of raccoon bodies heading over to the stables’ butchery.

I’ve been trying to sort out living space for everyone. A married couple immigrated, so it’d be prudent to get them their own space. The communal bedroom, on the other hand, is… a bit cramped.

In other, less… orthodox news, yet another migrant went into some sort of fit. She attacked Gutendorf, who had been touching up some of her stone intruments for the autumn caravan, and claimed the workshop for herself, shaping a bunch of bones and wood together obsessively. I can’t recall her name, but she refused to talk to anyone for a few days, eventually producing… well, it’s uncomfortable to talk about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nobody’s quite sure what to make of it, though it seems to be worth around 3600. It’s rather disconcerting, and… draws you in, really. We don’t like to talk much about it, although the dwarf in question (Boltspirals? Something like that, I never caught her first name) has become quite the bone carver.

As a final item of news, this place of hell has been blessed with a child!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its traditional name is Besmar, but Rykue and Gute are still discussing a more colloquial name for the boy. How exciting! I’ll have a crib made up immediately.

---

So, lots of fun stuff is going on. The swordsdwarves are all trained in wrestling to about level 7-9ish prior to their swordsdwarfship training, and will hopefully be tough enough to take down a single orc squad. First mood was secretive; thank gods, since my last fort only had one non-possessed mood in 10 years. Think I managed to fit in all the new guys somewhere in there, though the military didn’t get much face time. Later, I guess.

In terms of the baby: I don’t want to leave them open for dorfings as I previously did, so here’s the new plan. Rykue and Shintaro Fago, the first one of you to respond gets to choose the baby’s first name and their dwarf’s last name becomes the new family last name (through DC).

Legendary count: Morul Boltspirals (unclaimed dwarf) is our 3rd legendary, in bone carving; Rykue is our 4th in wood cutting, and Quinn’s become the 5th (and first multi-legendary) in organizing. My little admin’s got quite the stats now! 6 Strength, 6 Agility, and 2 Toughness. I’m thinking about giving him some rasslin’ training so he can become an emergency defender.

Since school's back on for me now, updates will probably be less frequent, though I'll do my best to do one a day still if I can. Stuff like four a day will likely be right out, though :P

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:04 pm »

I suggest you don't put Quinn in for training until the rest of the military is at least normal at swordsdwarf, considering we have obsidion weapons, I don't want him to be cut up.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2010, 03:27:54 pm »

Well! That was Fun.

Seems we've run into a bit of a problem. Our warriors are strong... but against 45 Giant Wolf Spiders, they are tasty. We had a siege in the summer, and I gave the offensive a shot in a backup folder - every single warrior died, and shortly thereafter the entire fort died. Not a single orc or spider killed.

I think the problem here isn't that the orcs are strong, or that the spiders are strong, but that the spiders fire these goddamn waves of webs that just instantly freeze everyone for easy killing. When your whole fighting force is stuck in a web (from one spider, ignoring the other 44) it's impossible to attack or defend. I think I might have to remove the spiders' abilities to shoot webs, or make my dwarves [WEBIMMUNE] - this is like fighting 45 GCSes that have orcs on them.

Orcs I think I can handle. The spiders I didn't expect. Turtling is easily possible, but it's no fun, you know? Goddamned spiders.

I suggest you don't put Quinn in for training until the rest of the military is at least normal at swordsdwarf, considering we have obsidion weapons, I don't want him to be cut up.

Yeah, despite his superstrength and speed, he's not a very tough fella.

Sulvor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »

So better trained dwarves are less likely to hurt each other?
Sulvor has created a backpack (made out of dwarven babies) and is now a legendary leatherworker

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2010, 06:42:35 pm »

So better trained dwarves are less likely to hurt each other?

They're less likely to "miss" and injure eachother while sparring. If we were using wood or silver weapons, it wouldn't be that bad, but we are using obsidian and that is equivalent to steel. Once they are better with their weapons, sparring won't be too dangerous except for the rare mishap.
What I do is train all my dwarves to be skilled in shields before I give any of them weapons, so injuries well never occur.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2010, 10:30:25 pm »

I'd like to claim Morul Boltspiral, just so that his history is tracked, and someone doesn't change his name by claiming him later. He already has a pretty cool name.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25