Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: The Castle Mightygrips: Cancelled. [community]  (Read 47990 times)

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Castle Mightygrips: A Noble Pursuit. [community]
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2010, 12:04:54 pm »

It seems all the blogs/threads/web-comics/etc. have been affected by illness lately

[CREATURE:SWINE]
   [FLIER]
   [BIOME:DWARF]
   [EVIL]
   [SPANISH?]

:P
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Diarrhea Ferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2010, 12:05:35 pm »

cmon update
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2010, 11:53:05 pm »

Might I have the honor of being one of the undwarfy topside-dwellers here?

Give him a name related to my username, I suppose.
Job doesn't really matter, but I'd like something rather... non-intensive. Administrative, even. Quinn probably doesn't need an assistant manager, but that's a good example. Quirky personality?

If this would just get in the way of your ideas, or if it isn't what you need, go ahead and do whatever you want, just with the name, I guess. Dankie.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 01, 2010, 12:05:44 am »

How appropriate this be bumped just as I was looking for it!

I tried to get back into this the other day and as a result almost got huge late marks taken off on one of my essays. I thought about just saying 'hey I'll be back soon' again but realistically I'm spending April working on muchos essays and exams, and will be spending the end of the month moving. I should be here - and with enough free time to update consistently - from May 2-3ish onwards all throughout the summer, as I'll be rocking a day job and have free evenings. Sorry, but hey! At least I haven't given up.

Cheddarius and MelloHero, I'll properly add you both when I'm back.

It's May and I'm afraid I'm not interested in continuing. Sorry to anyone who may have still been following this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:41:31 pm by Retro »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2010, 10:40:00 am »

Just press "Notify", it's right near "Reply". Then you'll get an email whenever someone replies to the topic, AND you'll be able to easily find it by going to "Profile"/"Notifications". ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2010, 02:08:54 am »

Say, Retro, would you mind, in your spare time, throwing up a screen-capture or quick description of Quinn's inventory? I rather want to give some fan art a try, and would like something to go on besides my own bland imagination for his likeness.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2010, 02:28:05 am »

Say, Retro, would you mind, in your spare time, throwing up a screen-capture or quick description of Quinn's inventory? I rather want to give some fan art a try, and would like something to go on besides my own bland imagination for his likeness.

Sure, that sounds awesome! Wish we could retroactively add the new version's physical descriptions to old dwarves but this'll have to do.
- cave spider silk trousers and tunic
- pig tail robe
- giant cave spider silk cap
- pig tail gloves
- left giant cave spider silk sock; right pig tail sock
- large cougar leather shoe ...in his right hand? what?
- ...another pair of trousers, now pig tail
- another cave spider silk robe
- two more pig tail socks on his feet

I guess at some point he decided double-socking beat shoes and just walked around holding his shoes for a while? I dunno. Weird. A lot of the stuff is in tatters, and most is at least heavily worn. And personality details should they be relevant: "He is often nervous. He often feels discouraged. He occasionally overindulges. He is modest. He is not easily moved to pity. He is very confident." He also hates rats and doesn't appear to like anything.

Just press "Notify", it's right near "Reply". Then you'll get an email whenever someone replies to the topic, AND you'll be able to easily find it by going to "Profile"/"Notifications". ;)

I meant 'find' rhetorically speaking :P Don't worry, I'm perfectly capable of finding my own thread.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:43 pm »

He likes certain colors and minerals, doesn't he? That's what the Thoughts and Preferences cap you posted on page 1 (2?) says, anyway. Also, if you like, I could use the DF2010 string dump and roll up an appearance for him, but I'm not sure how good an idea that would be; there are a lot of superlatives in there (indeed, I'm fairly sure that my citizens founded my current fort after being banished from the Mountainhomes for criminal fugliness). But I'll see what I can do between that and artistic license.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2010, 07:28:27 pm »

That was a good use of three hours thanks for that.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 06, 2010, 11:54:48 pm »

En nou, 'k het 'n prent. I thought about what pose would best show Quinn's situation in the fort, and came up with this. What does everyone think?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2010, 10:46:06 am »

Awesome, MelloHero! I'll add it to the OP. The facepalm is definitely appropriate. And by 'no likes' I meant no animal likes, should've clarified - ie he doesn't like 'horses for their strength' or anything.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2010, 12:24:55 pm »

This was a great read. Keep up the good work!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]