Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: LP DW/Q3: Chapter 8: In which we get new members!  (Read 17229 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: LP Dragon Warrior 3!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 07:51:55 am »

[extreme_sarcasim]My attention to words and typos is so great![/extreme_sarcasim]

Yeah I'm tired of waiting guys, so I'll just do the best thing for this topic, move on and start playing the game. Hopefully my typo location aptitude will steadily increase as this goes along.

Yes, FEMALE it is! Don't want this party to be a sausage fest, although if we get more chicks this could wind up being a... spam sandwich fest. Sorry about that visualization, I've been watching ZP lately.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: Who are we?
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 10:59:33 am »

ALLRIGHT! LET'S DO THIS!

I didn't think Corn would be an appropriate name for a female, as shown by that one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. So I went with the almost universal term for corn, maize at least that's how you would spell it in my household.

(I'm making up most of this Cheesy dialouge to have it seem interesting FYI.)

Maiz: *Phew*

Maiz: Well, tomorrows the day.

Maiz: I don't expect the same fan fare from the people like my father had. In fact, I don't know what to expect. What ever it is, I'm pretty sure that the king will skim out on whatever I actually need.

Maiz: Hmph, it's not like I've come to rely on anyone.

Maiz: The only other person, besides me who actually stood a chance against Baramos is dead. It's not like the world has a choice, tough shit for the king.

Maiz: 'Not even in my life time!' He says, 'A woman? No, matter the lineage, I won't send such a poor excuse with my blessing! Are we even sure it's your daughter!?' he goes on to say.

Maiz: After that, he hires a bunch of mercenaries. After that, none of them come back. Then he calls me and my mother to the castle, 'She has ten years.' He doesn't even look at either one of us in the face.

*Mom: Your father didn't learn how to fight by himself. I taught him Maiz and I will now teach you.
**Maiz: Mom... why do I have to fight Berimost?
*Mom: It's Baramos. You may not like the idea of fighting but; it's too dangerous to leave him alone. You may have noticed Maiz, that many monsters have begun roaming the wilderness. You may remember the large groups of men who came to our city and promised to return but never came back. Now, do you remember your father?
*Maiz: Of course... you said Baerimose took him away.
* ??? ?: *Tut* *Tut*

Ortega: It's Baramos sweety.

Maiz: ...

Maiz: Where? What!? Is this still a dream?

Maiz: I'm definitely not in Aliahan anymore.

*Voice: I represent all. Soon you will appear before me as a true hero. Bu-
**Maiz: Wait, don't you mean heroine?
Voice: Um... appear before me as a true heroine,  buuut, before that, I wish to know what kind of person you are...
Maiz: Wait does this invol-
Voice: Truthfully answer my questions. Are you ready?

Maiz: I guess so...
Voice: First, tell me your real name.
The answer being my usernameVoice: In which month were you born?
Maiz: December 31, though surprisingly it never snowed that day.

Maiz: Yeah

*Note, I actually put in my wrong birthday. I am an aquarius; your sign only impacts the first question you are asked.

Voice: Don't think too deeply or hard. Just reply with complete honesty. It will help me to know more about your personality. Let us begin. On a journey, do you feel more confident with strong equipment as opposed to taking allies?
Maiz: Hmm, uh, well people are friendly but if I have to prot-
*Voice: I said to not think too hard.
**Maiz: Oh, fine I would feel better with someone to help.
Voice: Have you ever thought of how wonderful flying could be?
*Maiz: Yes.
**Voice: Do you think birds are free?
Maiz: I guess so.
*Voice: If you could be reborn, would you like to be reborn as a prince or princess?
**Maiz: Prince or princess?
Voice: I am omnipotent but also blind. It comes with the job. Answer the question.
*Maiz: Um, I'm happy being a normal person.
**Voice: You know it's my first time doing this. Anyway, do you find it hard to turn down people's request.
Maiz: Yeah...
*Voice: Do you sometimes daydream and amuse yourself with your imagination?
**Maiz: When I'm alone, yes
Voice: If there were one wish in the world that would come true, could you say that wish right now?
*Maiz: No thanks.
**Voice: That wasn't a request.
Maiz: Then let's keep going.
*Voice: Do you often think of the past?
**Maiz: Daddy...
Voice: What?
*Maiz: I said, yes.
**Voice:  Do you think the world has more sadness than hapiness?
Maiz: No, I always see everyone happily amongst each other.
*Voice: Do you want to grow up quickly? Or have you felt that way?
**Maiz: Isn't this technically two questions?
Voice: Just answer the last one.
*Maiz: Yes.
**Voice: If you hold onto your dream for a ling time, do you think it will come true some day?
Maiz: Yeah, are we done yet?
*Voice: No although I see... I have a better idea of what kind of person you are. This is the final question.
**Maiz: Good because this is getting whoa hey!-

Maiz: Whats! ...
*Merchant: What?
**Maiz: Nothing...
Mask guy: Good, shut up wench!
*Old guy: Forgive him... he's darunk, why don't you sit over here, mi lap el comfort. OH GOD YES PONNY! THAT ANGLE YOU SEXY VIXEN, OOOHH I CAN SEE EVERYTHING!
Maiz: (Wait, alcohol, lewd men and women in little clothing... I find this to be offensive.) Hey, what's going on here?

Merchant: Dancing up on the stage is Ponny. She is some kind of popular! She's cute, sexy... She's perfection!
*Maiz: I'd be pretty too if I danced to a bunch of drunken loons while wearing nothing...
**Merchant: Pardon?
Maiz: Nothing... bye.
*Merchant: Buy a pint! I own the place!
**Maiz: This guy dosn't look drunk. Hey, what's up?

Maiz: (... Ooookay, I don't even want to guess!)
*Ponny's "Fiance": You might not believe me, but I'm engaged to that girl. B-but I'm worried sick about it.
**Maiz: O.K., but why would you tell ml-
Ponny's "Fiance": Oh! I know! Could you go ask her? If she still loves me? Please?
*Maiz: Whoa (I'm not getting in the middle of anything) hold on for a second...

Door man: Leaving so soon? Because you can't come back inside.
*Maiz: What!? Why not?
**Door man: You got the wrong shoes on.
Maiz: *Sigh* I guess I'll stay a little longer.
*Door man: That's right, that's right. Stick around and enjoy!

Maiz: Yeah I'll go talk to Ponny.
*Ponny's "Fiance": You will! OH THANK YOU MISS THANK YOU!

Maiz: Yeah, but first!

Maiz: Not even a fancy skirt or scarf, ah screw.

Mask Guy: HEY! Get off the stage ugly!
*Old man: OOHH YEEESSSS! TWO... I Like being drunk.
**Maiz: ... sorry to interrupt.

Ponny: Huh? What? Engaged?
*Maiz: Yeah, that's what I thought too.
**Ponny: Oh, yeah. We are, I guess. But that was long before I became a star...
Maiz: Long before?
*Ponny: I can't deal with it now. I know! Turn him down for me. O.K.? Please?
**Maiz: Uh- ... oh yeah, I'll do it.

Maiz: Geez, how do I- I'll just be blunt.
*Ponny's "Fiance": Wh- what did she say? If she refused, my life wouldn't be worth living...
**Maiz: Well don't take it that serious, I'm su-
Ponny's "Fiance": Is she going to honor her promise to marry me?
*Maiz: Not even listing...

Maiz: I have to set things straight, unlike your "fiance" I'm honest.
*Ponny's "Fiance": Wh- wha, what does that... mean?
**Maiz: You know very well, no, she won't marry you.
Ponny's "Fiance": B-b-b- but... Wh-why?
*Maiz: Hey! Don't cry... she's right there! Don't let her-
**Ponny's "Fiance": She accepted my ring...
Maiz: Hey you O.K.?

Maiz: Like I was saying... wait, what HEY! I'm not done!

Maiz: Ah, guy was better off, who needs love anyway...
*Voice: I represent all. I believe I have a good idea of your personality now. Maiz, you are a solitary soul with a strong sense of individuality.
Maiz: I mean she said "long ago" even she's better off by herself.
*Voice: You are very clear that you consider yourself separate from other people. You give others the impression of being cool and aloof.
Maiz: Huh?
*Voice: Your relation with your friends is not very close.
**Maiz: ... I don't have any friends per se, some people prefer to call me that. I don't personally agree.
Voice: ... You always keep a certain distance from them.
*Maiz: I guess that's true.
**Voice: People may think of you as somewhat of a mystery.
Maiz: ...pfft mom and everyone else.
*Voice: Occasionally, you may view yourself as being lonely.
**Maiz: Hmm... erhm.
Voice: However, you will come to understand that everyone is lonely.
*Maiz: Yy-eah so?
**Voice: That may cause you to shed a tears, but no one will see them.
Maiz: ...
*Voice: After all, you are your own person... This is your personality. Dawn will soon arrive. And you will wake from your sleep. I represent all. I look forward to the day that I may see you again...

birthday

Good morning Chrono! Whoops... wrong game, sorry.

Mom: Wake up. Wake up, dear Maiz. Rise and shine, Maiz. Today is your big day. His Majesty, the King is going to give his blessing for you to depart on your journey. For this day, I have tried to raise you, my daughter, to be brave and strong.
Maiz: Grru... that's great mom... just way a few for me, kay?
*Mom: Now, now! If you keep the king waiting-
**Maiz: Don't worry! I won't take long.

(words) means it is a personal thought

Maiz: (Well, it's not worth staying in bed! ...Daughter, I bet they were happy but do they honestly expect me to save the world? Well woman or not! I finally get use of my secret stash!)

Maize: (I've been saving for quite some time. It can't be guaranteed to raise strength exceptionally but it will help!)

Well as you can see the game has officially started, I'll take this opportunity to explain some little things in the game.

(ONCE AGAIN! STATS!)
Here is my character's stats sheet, STR (Strength, obviously) affects ATK power, AGL (Speed) affects turn order. Moving on VIT (Vitality) mainly affects HP and DEF, INT (Intellect) is only important to spell casters, while LUCK mainly affects finding items after battle or surviving a mortal blow, not sure about other effects though. Enough of that though, time to move on!

BUT FIRST! A bit of derailing of the story here, sorry but we need to generate our characters.

Welcome to Rudia's a place of hellos and farewells! That's what the lady says.

This woman is whom I presume is Rudia, has the of managing your group of four and any other person not in your group. Unfortunately she is not that important right now.

This guy is! He is the one who will register new companions to join your group and considering our the topic page, it's about time we started!

So I guess I'm going by post order.

Nirur Torir, your up first!

As you can see when you create your companion, you have the option to boost a few stats, any but you only get five chances to, the number is always random, so please distribute your stats and no I don't care how.

SO HURRY UP AND CHOOSE! You too everyone else!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:20:43 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: LP Dragon Warrior 3! Chapter 1: Who are we?
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 11:37:18 am »

Let's go with 3 int and 2 vit for me.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 11:46:59 am »

Hm, at this rate I'm going to need to PM everyone.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 12:33:39 pm »

3 int 2 agi.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: LP Dragon Warrior 3!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 01:05:39 pm »

*nothing*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:46:36 pm by Phantom »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 01:40:46 pm »

Doodley doop de doopy do.

Waiting for Boksi, do do do.

Yes, I don't mean to dog anyone but I will say the game has been like this since I last did Nirur Torir's character.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 01:54:48 pm »

1 VIT, 1 STR and 3 AGL.

And gimme a break, I was sleeping. I woke up about an hour ago and it's dinnertime now. Dinner, that's how long I slept.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 02:41:13 pm »

Give me 2 AGL, 1 LUCK, 2 VIT.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 09:55:53 pm »

I have to come clean guys, I can't do all personalities for all classes, the best some of you can do is offer me suggestions for what kind of personality you would want your character to have.

Also sorry Spartan, the best personality I could settle for was sharp, if you want we can pretend you're twisted!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »

Okay, I pull back my offer for you to choose my stats if it's not to late.

3 AGL
2 STR

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »

Sorry, I already did but if it makes you feel better you're the first to join Maiz.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

I'll take that offer.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 10:42:09 pm »

I have to come clean guys, I can't do all personalities for all classes, the best some of you can do is offer me suggestions for what kind of personality you would want your character to have.

Does a foolish jester work?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »

Does a foolish jester work?

Yours was the easiest to get. Too bad your character will be difficult to keep alive.  :-\

Also if this goes on the third page, than I'm updating!

Edit: Nope, I'll update the stats now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9