Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: LP DW/Q3: Chapter 8: In which we get new members!  (Read 17218 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP DW3 Chapter 6: Hiatus schimiatus!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2010, 09:35:54 am »

If you give me the sprite, I'll give it a try for him. :P

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2010, 09:55:13 am »

If you give me the sprite, I'll give it a try for him. :P

If you want, but first you'll need permission from any one person. And if you are, here's something to make the process more convenient.

"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

Hey, I thought about this briefly yesterday and suddenly the hiatus is gone! Awesome!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2010, 03:25:57 pm »

Yeah, I know it's a very good thing to have happened. Now can someone update me on the status of these sprites?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2010, 04:26:12 pm »

While I was thinking of the next update, it occurred to me that anyone reading this topic would become easily confused by the next few updates.

Here is why, Troy and Dan plus Fred and Pyro look completely the same. The only remedy for this is if you (Spartan and Archangel) edit your character sprites. If you guys can't, then I'll do something to make them look different.

Here's what I need to continue.
-16X16 dimensions
-Minimum of four colors (any) for the sprite
-Four view points of your characters (North, south, east, west)
-Sprites must have two animations (you know for walking The orginal DW3 have a shuffling movement going on)
-.bmp or .png, which ever floats your boat

And I'd like it if the sprites came in a sort of easily cut and pastable way. You know, a type of grid manner form like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note again, I only need a total of eight different frames, if you want to throw in anything else for the hell of it, be my guest.
What.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »

I'm a competent pixel artist, by the way! I'm a bit rusty but modifying sprites like that would be easy.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:53 pm »

While I was thinking of the next update, it occurred to me that anyone reading this topic would become easily confused by the next few updates.

Here is why, Troy and Dan plus Fred and Pyro look completely the same. The only remedy for this is if you (Spartan and Archangel) edit your character sprites. If you guys can't, then I'll do something to make them look different.

-16X16 dimensions
-Sprites must have two animations (you know for walking The orginal DW3 have a shuffling movement going on)

And I'd like it if the sprites came in a sort of easily cut and pastable way. You know, a type of grid manner form like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note again, I only need a total of eight different frames, if you want to throw in anything else for the hell of it, be my guest.
What.

Anyone who isn't first to claim a specified gender and class character must have their PC's sprite modified enough that they look different from everyone else.

As much as I would want to (for mainly lazy reasons) I could have a group of only three warriors of the same gender following me for this entire LP. I would not want to do that because that would be boring (and I'd probably die a lot too). And I could say that they're all triplets or something, but I'm not doing that.

Not to mention I've given everyone free reign to make their own characters that I would tout around with mine; these decisions increase the topic's quality, that is good. Let's say now that every single character type (class/gender) has all been done once, that means that there should only be one of that person (unless their twins or something...) therefore it would only make sense to make them look different. As of now this is how it stands for some characters.

Dan, Troy, Fred and Pyro (And any other order as long as the class is right)

If I kept these guys looking like this (and anyone else who may join) most people would probably wind up like this at the end.
Spoiler: Kinda gross (click to show/hide)

I don't want to be responsible for any spontaneous head asplosions. So I'm asking all of you

IF YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO CREATE A CHARACTER OF A SPECIFIC CLASS AND GENDER, THEN YOU MUST EDIT YOUR CHARACTER'S SPRITE.

And this is what I need the sprite to look like, you know something I could put onto a computer, an image file, either a .bmp or .png. This is vital to continue with updates.

-16X16 dimensions

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »

I can't do spritework.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 08:30:30 pm »

Then request something and I or someone else will have your sprite ready.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2010, 01:47:52 am »

You could say Spartans character was a twin of my character and save the sprite work.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2010, 05:27:58 pm »

Um...a guy in a red cloak? I don't really care.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2010, 07:01:41 pm »

You could say Spartans character was a twin of my character and save the sprite work.
Um...a guy in a red cloak? I don't really care.

<A rendition of my artistic enthusiasm.

Fine, whatever but that's just lazy and boring as hell. Seriously, 16x16 and no one so far has thought of anything.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 07:26:11 pm »

Make Troy's clothing and stuff mainly black, with grey trim and, to fill the four colour requirement, white and blue parts please.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »

Wait, confused.
I meant Archangels dude.

Saves the trouble of sprite manufacturing.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 10:54:54 pm »

Fine, make my guy look like a medieval version of Master Chief!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9