Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: LP DW/Q3: Chapter 8: In which we get new members!  (Read 17222 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: LP Dragon Warrior 3! Chapter 1: Who are we?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 12:43:47 am »

3AG 1VT 1LK.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: LP Dragon Warrior 3! Chapter 1: Who are we?
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 04:25:58 am »

Does twisted mage work?
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Chapter 2: What to do with these and what to do with them?
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 10:18:31 am »

Does twisted mage work?

Apparently not but like I said we can pretend that your character is twisted and I'm not so sure that there is a way to change your characters personality to a specific one. I never really did come across any twisted books (items that automatically change ones personality).

Anyway, it's page three, so here is the newest update!

Back on track!

Mom: Follow me, my child.
Maiz: (Ouch! My hand... you'd think I'd get lost in my home of six-teen years...) Mom?

Maiz: (Not listining... I'm not helpless, I can do things on my own) Hey mom!

Mom: Yes what is it dear?
Maiz: You can't expect to be with m-
Mom: I know that, I know that you'd rather do this by yourself. But when you get to accomplishing tasks with others, you get more done than just work.
Maiz: All we're doing is just walking to the castle, it's just a stones thro... well I guess- (you will be lonely with just grandpa)

("From here" got cut off)
Mom: Now, go on. Just please come back victorious and remember, sometimes it's not so bad to have company.
Maiz: (She was squeezing my hand so hard... I'm not a little kid but I guess I still have fars a way to go.) Well, bye Mom, I'll be sure to visit but I'm still here, for now!
Mom: (For now...) And I'm always here! Just don't be a stranger and remember! Courteous!

Maiz: Here we go...

Maiz: (Those looks, I guess men can't appreciate a female hero.)

Maiz: (... chauvanist)
King of Aliahan: But your dauntless look--
Maiz: (... you had better not mean my chest)
King of Aliahan: no man could hope to better you. (By all creations, why did he need to be a she!)
Maiz: (... you can't be serious, father must be rolling in his grave)
King of Aliahan: It's clear that you are Ortega's child. Your mother (damn wench couldn't have a son to honor our kingdom instead!) must have told you that your father Ortaga lost his life when he fell into a volcano after a battle.
Maiz: Yes, I know your highness and I wish to continue my fathers lost endeavors.
King of Aliahan: So you do wish to take after your father and set out on your own? (Not if I have anything to say about that!) Fine! You have my blessing! (And hopefully a good replacement) I'm certain that you will do your father's will and lead the world back to peace. (That much we can try to hope)
Maiz: But sir, I must know my enemy, no I mean our enemy and the slayer of my father or at least he who took part in it.
King of Aliahan: Your mother never spoke of it? (Lord, this woman could not raise a proper hero, good thing we have back up plans) Our enemy is Baramos, the demon Lord. The world's people are ignorant of Baramos, but if he is left unchecked the world will fall into chaos. That must not be allowed! Maiz, I beg of you to defeat Baramos! But don't go alone-
Maiz: (Uh- what! Hold it in Maiz, remember it's the king, remember it's the king)
King of Aliahan: least you face the same fate that befell Ortega. Find yourself some companions at the tavern in town to accompany you.
Maiz: (Phew, just a suggestion. Wait, what's that noise? Sounds like someone wasn't organized or unprepared)
King of Aliahan: (Good, this should deter her from continuing, woman are so easily broken) Use this to equip them.

Maiz: (Oh, my, god some sticks, a shirt and fi- fifty gold pieces, courteous Maiz be courteous, courteous Maiz be courteous) My King, I humbly accept your blessing. (Now If only I could return them up your ass!)
King of Aliahan: Let us meet again, Maiz! (If you were worth anything)
Maiz: (Finally!) I look forward to our next meeting, your highness.
King of Aliahan: (Where is that damn warrior!)

Maiz: (I wonder what mom would think if I just left and came back with no one "They died", that's what I'd say guess she'd believe it... someone is following me)
????: Excuse me young miss but do you know where I may find, the son of Or-

Maiz: ORTEGA NEVER HAD A SON GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT! ... (I wish I would have said that to the king...)
Dan: ...I apologize, my name is Dan, I was told I would see the child of Ortega here.
Maiz: No child here I'm afraid... why do you ask?
Dan: I was hired by the King to accompany the, um subject.
Maiz: (No, no, no I don't need anyone to guard me! Not anyone by the king, never!) For what purpose?
Dan: I am a warrior, isn't it obvious enough, I was told that the child of Ortega was a stupid, foolish weakling raised by an unfi-

bam!
CRASH!
Dan: Uff- ERK!
Maiz: I'VE HAD ENOUGH CRAP FROM THE KING I NE- (Oh no, oh jeez, blood, he's coughing up blo-od... I'm gonna get it now.)
Dan: You- you ERHEAK! *Wheez* Guards!

Left Gurad: Holy crap she knocked Dan down like he was a pile of twigs in a monsoon!
Right Guard: Ted that's too well put; HOLY SHIT SHE KNOCKED HIM DOWN! See Ted sometimes simple works better.
Ted: Well I'm not doing anything, hey Dan.
Dan: Urf, what are you two babbling about?
Ted: This chic- lady is-
Maiz: I am Ortega's only child! His daughter to be exact, I'm terribly sorry for my actions, you're not hurt too badly are you? The king has an excellent physi-
Dan: Wha' WHAT! AMAZING! No man I was tested against was able to bet me in combat, yet you! You caused me such damage, it's truely exceptional, you are a wonder! I denounce my servitude to the king and pledge my allegiance to you!

Miaz: (AH! How could he jump up after that!? I heard his ribs shatter when I hit him!) Are you sure you can walk around?
Dan: Why yes! Of course commander Maiz!
Maiz: Just Maiz... will do, anyway.
Dan: I am at your command! You need not say it! You wish to leave this castle, do you not?
Maiz: Yeah, I'm sick of this place.
Right & Left Guard: (I almost feel sorry for this guy but I'm still kinda of jealous)

Maiz: (Well, I socked the guy, I guess he doesn't mind first impressions; he must be the noble defiant type or something, I guess)
Dan: (Such willingness to allow me to join, I will not let this pity be seen as that! And she's a woman! Amazing such show of of, DEFIANCE!)

Maiz: Well Dan, what do you have under that armor?
Dan: (Is she coming unto me!?) Excuse me?
Maiz: I meant what do you have with you?
Dan: Ah (Aw) well not much, the king "confiscated" most of my equipment... to be honest he also told I did not need it. That I could easily best the weakling of Ortega... and my humble upbringings would bring honor to the kingdom but remember I renounced that!
Maiz: That bastard noble...
Dan: Ortega was truly a wonderful man and I assume a father.
Maiz: I barely knew him...
Dan: I apologize, he saved my farther from an ambush of monsters very early in his career.
Maiz: So your from Reeve I take it?
Dan: Yes ma'am! You know it won't be very easy with only two of us, maybe we should look for another companion.
Maiz: Fine, but not too many.
Dan: (Solitary... does she really believe she posses much strength?)

Dan: Hey, look, there's a mage over there!
????: Listen! I've read the Books of Mfrire, Holtdonteg and Prometheus: how I did it, you need me in your group!
Warrior: Sorry bud, but I'm afraid I just don't see the need of a mage, my group already has enough power as it is.
????: What! Do I have to show you what kind of stupid mistake you are making!? I could envelope this whole tavern in fire if I felt like it!
Warrior: Riiiigght, well it sounds like my party is calling me outside... bye!

Warrior: Piece of advice, I wouldn't in my mind give two thoughts to that loon!
????: *Sigh* ("You won't go anywhere with that magic nonsense!" My my, is that seeming more relevant now)
Dan: Excuse me, Sir!
????: I am known as Fred, I make fireballs.
Maiz: This guy looks, boring...
Dan: Fireballs! I was never able to withstand one of those! Well, without armor of course.
Maiz: You seem impressed Dan, well Fred I can sympathize with you. Would you like to make our group a, um trio?
Fred: Wh- wha YES! (What, why such a rash decision? AH WELL! WHO CARES? WOO HOO!) Finally, oh I cannot express my boundless gratitude! You shall not regret this decision!

Maiz: You're a wizard, I take it you're intelligent.
Fred: Why of course I am!
Maiz: I meant as a person, most wizards I met were crazy, they always muttered the "Tomb of Zanborma rules all"
Fred: Oh, those, I believe they are in league with a great evil.
Maiz: Baramos, right?
Dan: (Baramos? Is this Maiz's enemy? I must learn more of this Baramos.)
Fred: Yes, so you must be the um, daughter of Ortega.
Maiz: ...Yes (Hesitation but at least he understands who I am.)
Fred: Your father, saved me during my early apprentice years, where he went a path of peace was sure to be where he had traveled.
Dan & Maiz: (That's a pretty cheesy line, why are older people so preachy?)
Fred: But enough of that, you know we could use another member for our group.
Maiz: Four's enough, too many and we could attract larger groups of monsters. Do you both agree?
Dan: Yes, coming from you I would agree.
Fred: You've been quite generous with me, I can't disagree.

Yep, that's the group so far. I can't decide on the last member, sooo I will take any suggestions for anyone who wants to join or vote on who joins! And comments on how I'm dealing with this will help, mainly... is it entertaining, do I do annoying things, etc.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:58:51 am by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, you can't add me in? That's fine I guess.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Don't be discouraged! If you act fast now and if anyone thinks we need a foolish jester than I can surely add you in right now!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

You'd probably be best served by a cleric, but if failing that a jester might have some use, if only to help gather some funds before his inevitable demise.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pick me and I'll draw inspirational pictures of our adventures.  ;)
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've always liked traveling with jesters. They help me to unwind after a hard day of spewing fireballs at people I don't like.

Edit - Although I also enjoy inspiration drawings of our adventures.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But what about the comic relief?!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Comic relief? COMIC RELIEF?

YOU WANT COMIC RELIEF?! HERE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you win a cookie.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Ah, I wanted a piece of fried chicken.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have to pick up more obscure references for that.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

I went with Jevr in the end. I'll update on page 4.

Also my copy paste button just broke.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:58:32 pm by Creamcorn »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9