Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Most vindictive noble  (Read 2684 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most vindictive noble
« on: December 27, 2009, 05:06:19 pm »

My duchess consort has suddenly condemmed 41 dwarves, out of a total population of 141, to hammerstrikes and/or jail time.  This includes most of the lay administration: 5 hammerstrikes and 101 days to the captain of the guard, architect, and administrator; 201 days for the trader, 10 hammerstrikes and 301 days for the mayor.  One poor peasant is up for 25 strikes.

So, tell me, what is the largest number, and the largest fraction of the fortress, that you have ever seen be condemned simultaneously.  Note that here I'm not counting the 18 she had condemned a few years prior (for the same trick: after the traders started packing, she banned a common export).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:23:33 pm by numerobis »

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
Re: Most vindictive noble
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:42:12 pm »

YOU MUST BURN HER!
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:21 pm »

Oops, I hadn't realized she also re-condemned at least 13 of those she'd condemned before.  So, 54 dwarves out of 141 are in the criminal justice system.

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:10 pm »

YOU MUST BURN HER!
Or smash her under a bridge/use dwarf therapist to condemn her to a life of making lavish roasts.

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:15:48 pm »

Put her in a tiny little room with nothing except maybe rotting body parts and rotting food. Let the slow starvation and craziness commence. Might wanna throw in a couple other nobles for good measure.

I've never had anything that insane happen. Nearly half of my total fort's been a criminal at some point or another, but they were all doing separately. And half of those guys ended up dead, anyway.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:13 pm »

I think my most was like a five people thrown in the slammer at once. Or well, three of those were thrown in coffin's after the hammerstrikes.

The Count really liked his toy hammers, and randomly took them off and put them back on in the list of tradeable goods.

It was amusing. Every season, when the mandates were off, would it be THIS day the Count suddenly remembers again how much he loves those hammers?

On the same fort though, a guy got sentenced to 51 hammerstrikes. He was sort of unhappy, flipped over three tables, punched a guy in the face and then stuff happened. He didn't survive through the first hammerhit.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »

Sounds like you're on the receiving end of a noble who likes to mandate construction of trade goods constantly, then bans those goods for trade just before the caravan leaves to ensure the maximum number of victims.  We really need to see this lady's personality line-up, methinks.
Sanity is for the weak.

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 07:17:44 pm »

Put her in a tiny little room with nothing except maybe rotting body parts and rotting food. Let the slow starvation and craziness commence. Might wanna throw in a couple other nobles for good measure.

This reminds me, I've always wanted to seal a hapless dwarf in a room with a caged rat and see how long it takes for the one to devour the other.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Sir Iryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Fier et fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 08:17:56 pm »

This is why I always build a Dwarven Firing Squad (Ballista + Fortification + Locked room with lever) before I build any noble quarters.

If i see a mandate cant be fulfilled or too many mandates are made at once, They'll soon find themselves repeatedly pulling a lever while the siege operator loads a new bolt.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
"Well, everything's going to shit, but on the bright side, My coffin industry is doing very well."

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »

Methinks you have a bad case of Noble Anal-itus. I suggest a liberal application of magma to the infected area.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 11:09:35 pm »

Meh; she's only caused the death of two dwarves.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 11:12:27 pm »

The best nobles are the ones that either
a) don't make mandates (like the king) or
b) die

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »

you forgot c) are usefull.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 12:23:47 am »

Meh; she's only caused the death of two dwarves.
Oops, now she's driven the best craftsdwarf insane.  I locked the door to her room with her inside, and put up a guard consisting of all the aces.

glueheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 02:48:07 am »

I throw my nobles into a 3x1 bedroom with 2 spike traps within.

That little death closet becomes the most valuable room in my fort due to all the high quality spikes, so it's sort of fitting to see nobles die in such a place.
Pages: [1] 2